What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I've never heard of this!!! Is it safe for colour treated hair?? DD has long super thick and curly hair. I have to put her hair in about 10 braids to keep it from becoming a rats nest after swimming. I'm checking this out!!
As far as I know, it's safe for color treated hair. It's basically just water and vitamin C. But however they do the chemical mixture, it totally works.

- Baby wipes to wipe hands and surfaces.

- Princess dresses if you go with young girls. You can lay it out on the bed in the morning and tell them it was a gift from Mickey. You can also do that with autograph books, stuffed animals, or anything else you want to give your child as a Disney gift. They will always remember that Mickey gave that to them at Disney, and you can get it for much cheaper at home than at WDW.

- tennis balls to roll under your feet for an easy massage at the end of the day.

I am a bit germaphobic so in addition to some things already mentioned I bring...

A small can of lysol, great to germ killing on room surfaces, public tables, or public bathrooms.

Lysol wipes, I know they are horrible for the environment but I have to clean the TV remote, phone, etc in the room. Not to mention the pack n play we got on our last trip was covered with dried peanut butter left over from its last user! :scared: I cleaned that thing from top to bottom before putting DS in it!
I actually can't stand the thought of my DD3 having to use public bathrooms at all, do you carry a bottle of Lysol into the parks? Or do you use the wipes? Just curious because the last public bathroom DD used I held her above the seat so she could go potty.

I always pack a blank gift card that's registered on www.disneygiftcard.com, along with my filled gift card that's also registered. I never take the blank one into the parks, so if I lose the gift card with a balance, I can do an instant transfer on the website, and my gift card is safely back at the hotel. If we really want the balance that day, we can go buy a $15 gift card at our next opportunity, and transfer the balance of the hotel room gift card to the one we just bought. It's saved us from losing a $400+ gift card this past trip!

Somewhere in the 102 pages of this thread, somebody posted a suggestion to bring a fan...as in, a fold-up fan (not fan that you plug in and requires electricity). I just wanted to say thank you for that tip! I bought a couple at Cost Plus Imports and they're going to be very convenient on our upcoming Disneyland trip!

We bring a small box fan, I can not sleep with some kind of air movement, and it creates white noise to help cover the sounds of our neighbors flushing at pop.

Am only to page 3 so maybe this was mentioned but we've always been able to request a box fan for the room from guest services.

LOVE this thread. Thanks OP !

I haven't read all the posts on this thread (there are a LOT haha) so somebody may have already posted this but I like to take a pill organizer and fill it with Advil, Tylenol, Midol, gum, mints, cough drops, anything I think my group might need. It saves loads of room in my park bag and I don't rattle like a walking pharmacy. I still pack all the bottles so I can refill but I just leave them in the room.

I bring my TENS unit which is very small, but after a long day at the parks is amazing knees, back or ankles to help with swelling or pain. Started bringing it 3 years ago after a car accident when I was still having back and neck spasms 8 weeks out and didn't want to be relying on muscle relaxers and Aleve. Between that and the hot tubs all went well. Been bringing it ever since.

I bring my TENS unit which is very small, but after a long day at the parks is amazing knees, back or ankles to help with swelling or pain. Started bringing it 3 years ago after a car accident when I was still having back and neck spasms 8 weeks out and didn't want to be relying on muscle relaxers and Aleve. Between that and the hot tubs all went well. Been bringing it ever since.
What a great idea!

Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing!

Some night lights are just too bright! Dollar tree has little battery operated votive candles that are the perfect "night light" in the toilet area. I just set one on the back of the tank and glow gives just enough light so I can see what I'm doing but not so bright as to wake me up completely! lol

To prevent hair & skin problems from super-chlorinated pools, we use something called Swim Spray.
I've never heard of swim spray either. Dd broke out from a hotel pool a couple of years ago and we hit cvs for Benadryl on way to urgent care. Going to check it out!

Somewhere in the 102 pages of this thread, somebody posted a suggestion to bring a fan...as in, a fold-up fan (not fan that you plug in and requires electricity). I just wanted to say thank you for that tip! I bought a couple at Cost Plus Imports and they're going to be very convenient on our upcoming Disneyland trip!

I bought a folding fan for a costume last fall and it was amazing how functional it actually was. Hadn't thought about getting one for regular use (don't want to risk breaking my costume fan; it was cheap but it took me ages to hunt down one with the right look), but that might be something handy to pick up before we head to Disneyland next fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!