What kind of snack foods can you get on board

vicnmickey

I wish I was Cruising
I am wondering what kinda of snack foods they have on board. Such as chips, candy, things like that. I am ordering a basket for the kids and want to know what kinda of snack foods I should have put in it. Thanx everyone!

The only place I saw that kinda stuff was infront of the theatur and it was pretty pricey. We let DS get some mickey gummies one night and skittles or something another and they were as expensive or more than at the movies. I don't recall chips though. For free you can get cheese and crackers, sandwiches, pizza icecream tacos etc. but if you are looking for the hard core "junk" food that most kids love you may want to have them in the basket :)

They do sell all the junk food, chips pretzels, nuts, candy and more. You can find candy at Mickey's Mates. They sell snacks at Preludes before you enter Walt Disney Theatre. Also they sell nuts and candy in front of the Buena Vista Theatre before the movies start. You can buy everything from chips to perfume at Up Beat Deck 3, forward.
The prices are very high on these items, I would suggest making a stop at Wal-Mart before crusing.

As AnnMorin has stated you can get room service for cheese and crackers, ice cream, cookies, and sandwiches which come with chips. You may want to have juice boxes, small pkgs of cookies, goldfish, gummie bears, and raisins for shore excursions.
You can also get small boxes of cereal, big choc.chips cookies, danish and small cartons of milk at the breakfast buffet to take along on shore excursions. We even made DD a jelly sandwich to take along while we went to a beach once. I always pack different sized baggies.

Please don't think I'm cheap but the less money I spend on the junk is that much more money I have to apply to our next Disney Cruise.

do they have any popcorn?? I HAVE to have "movie popcorn" when I go to the movies...

Jeanny :)

Jeanny I don't remember popcorn, but if they did have it it was in a bag. Not the fresh hot popcorn one might get at the movies. You may want to take a bag along with you or bag some while visiting one of the islands. Remember there are NO microwaves for you to pop your own.

They did have popcorn in front of the movie theater. It was not fresh "movie" popcorn - it was prepackaged. They also sold soda, beer, and candy.

Thank goodness the theatre does have popcorn. We bought a very large bag, larger than a large at a movie theatre, and that was more than enough for 3 popcorn hogs. Of course I was really craving popcorn, and the price was so cheap , so I bought another. If I remember correctly it was only $2.00 or $2.50 a bag. I also bought a large bag of Fritos before a show one night, again a craving. Very similar in price to the supermarket. Have fun!

ooohhh, good thought Ginger,,, never even gave microwaves a thought. I know they don't have them in the rooms, but I would have thought they'd have them some place on board...

But anyways, sounds like they have popcorn at the theatre, so I'll be all set.

thanks, Jeanny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter