What makes your flight over more comfortable ( 14 hours isnt fun.)

1. Inflatable neck pillow
  2. Comfy clothes
  3. iPad loaded with movies and games
  4. Nasal spray and face wash
  5. A couple of Mersyndol...

alicia1506 said:
i love this idea however we just don't have that kind of money and don't fly frequently enough for this option to be given to us :(

maybe if lotto decides to go our way :)

Or play upgrade bingo and choose those bulkhead bassinet seats in economy and be happy when they allocate it to a family with little kiddies and pop you in prem economy With our older kiddies...has worked for us well in the last 4 yrs. we too couldn't afford their rrp prices either!

I find the over ear headphones to bulky and uncomfortable, but my DH loves them . DS likes the smaller ones that sit on the ear. Theirs are both Sennheisers

I prefer the smaller ear bud ones that fit inside the ear canal. I've purchased memory foam Comply eat buds to replace the ones that came with the set. I've tried both Sony and Audio Technica and felt the Sony did a better job of filtering out more noise.

Id recommend trying to borrow some over ear, on ear and in ear ones to see what you find most comfortable to wear, maybe try sleeping with them on, that's a good test for how much they will bother you :)

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I find the over ear headphones to bulky and uncomfortable, but my DH loves them . DS likes the smaller ones that sit on the ear. Theirs are both Sennheisers

I prefer the smaller ear bud ones that fit inside the ear canal. I've purchased memory foam Comply eat buds to replace the ones that came with the set. I've tried both Sony and Audio Technica and felt the Sony did a better job of filtering out more noise.

Id recommend trying to borrow some over ear, on ear and in ear ones to see what you find most comfortable to wear, maybe try sleeping with them on, that's a good test for how much they will bother you :)

Andona

Are you talking about using normal headphones or earbuds or the noise cancel ones!

I have always managed to sleep very well on airplanes. I guess I am blessed like this :rotfl2: on a 17 hour flight to France I slept 12 hours lol.

Other than this I will be taking my 3ds and my 120gb ipod classic to put music and movies on. Preferably Disney movies ^_^ lol

When you people say you take the ipad loaded with movies, are you buying movies on itunes and downloading them onto your ipad??? Is that what you mean?

Thanks for the headphones recommendations everyone.

ColinA said:
Are you talking about using normal headphones or earbuds or the noise cancel ones!

Noise cancelling ones. My Sony mdr-nc22 earphones provide excellent noise cancellation in a pretty compact package, I've occasionally resorted to using them at night when DH is snoring. He's almost as loud as a plane engine :rotfl:

Ive just found on previous trips that the over ear ones were to bulky for me to get comfortable on he plane, especially when I added an eye mask and neck pillow :)

However, as I said, DH loves his over ear Sennheisers . Our experience is that finding he right headphones is a matter of experimentation, which can get expensive unfortunately. We've been through a few different types of NC earphones over the years...

Andona

Andona said:
Noise cancelling ones. My Sony mdr-nc22 earphones provide excellent noise cancellation in a pretty compact package, I've occasionally resorted to using them at night when DH is snoring. He's almost as loud as a plane engine :rotfl: I had the earlier model of Sony, then tried Audio Technica NC earphones, cant remember the model number, and wasn't satisfied so next time I went back to Sony

Ive just found on previous trips that the over ear ones were to bulky for me to get comfortable on he plane, especially when I added an eye mask and neck pillow :)

However, as I said, DH loves his over ear Sennheisers . Our experience is that finding he right headphones is a matter of experimentation, which can get expensive unfortunately. We've been through a few different types of NC earphones over the years...

Andona

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
When you people say you take the ipad loaded with movies, are you buying movies on itunes and downloading them onto your ipad??? Is that what you mean?

Shuttergirl, I've got a few that I've purchased from the iTunes store but I've also ripped some old favorites and I play them using the Cinexplayer app. At the moment I can't remember the name of the program that I use to rip them, it's an excellent little program that rips and formats the movie specifically for iPad. When I get home I'll let you know the name of it.

Andona

Andona - That would be excellent. We have an Apple TV here and so DH has all of our movies digitised so I wonder if it would just be a matter of loading them onto the ipad quite easily? I'm not very technical so it is all gobbledy gook to me :lmao:

If you could let me know that software when you return I'd be very grateful.

Could we take an external harddrive with movies on it and plug it into the laptop or the ipad or sometimes the tv's have usb ports too don't they? Would this type of idea work?

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
Could we take an external harddrive with movies on it and plug it into the laptop or the ipad or sometimes the tv's have usb ports too don't they? Would this type of idea work?

We use an external hard drive for our movies here at home rather than DVDs - we have a USB port on our set top box. It is an easy way to have a hundred movies at the touch of a remote. And seeing we always take our laptop and hard drive away with us it means we have plenty of movies on hand:)

Has anyone ever had trouble with movies on a hard drive and customs?

Shuttergirl, I've got a few that I've purchased from the iTunes store but I've also ripped some old favorites and I play them using the Cinexplayer app. At the moment I can't remember the name of the program that I use to rip them, it's an excellent little program that rips and formats the movie specifically for iPad. When I get home I'll let you know the name of it.

Andona

You could buy your movies from iTunes, rip the dvd or get them from other sources. *cough, cough*.

I think the software Andona is talking about might be "HandBrake". You can rip and create files for almost any device with that. You might also want to have "VLC Player" installed before you start using it though, otherwise you might have some problems ripping your DVD's.

You could buy your movies from iTunes, rip the dvd or get them from other sources. *cough, cough*.

I think the software Andona is talking about might be "HandBrake". You can rip and create files for almost any device with that. You might also want to have "VLC Player" installed before you start using it though, otherwise you might have some problems ripping your DVD's.

I use Handbrake or Pavtube, both work well. Also good to search and find the free download of DVD43 to get around the copyrights! May not work on 64 bit.

this is when the 120gb storage of the ipod classic comes in handy. I never run out of storage on that thing lol

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter