What movie needs an attraction?

I also wished they made a 4-D motion simulator dark ride (similar to Spiderman at IOA, only better) based on Hercules. I always thought that movie had so much potential for a ride. (Imagine being able to feel the fire from Hades or feeling the wind from a near miss attack of the Hydra, so much possibilities.)
I'm told "Toy Story Mania" is WDI's response to "Spider Man".

I also wanted them to make a Stitch Coaster or interactive simulator, where you must rescue Lilo (who has been kidnapped) by the evil (yet funny) Dr. Hamsterviel, all while being chased by Captain Gantu!
Yes, the last "Stitch" themed attraction is so popular...

I agree that the Tomorrowland speedway should be updated for Cars!

I also agree that the Incredibles and Mary Poppins would be great attractions.

I'm surprised AK doesn't have more Lion King & Jungle Book type stuff there.

Hmmm...lots of good ideas mentioned so far though. I am glad to see that Toy Story is getting the new attraction this summer, but that gives them two. I do wish that they'd look back at some of the older movies, but I'm not sure that will happen.

Where do you find the info on the new Toy Story location?

Indiana Jones needs a roller coaster!

I think it was Temple of Doom where near the end they were being chased in the mine cars on a track. Imagine a roller coaster with all knids of loops, turns, and whoops weaving through a mine shaft. Each car would only hold up to 4 people and it would be very fast, just like the movie.

Have you been to the Indian Jones ride in Disneyland? It's amazing!

This isn't a movie, but I would like to see a large reproduction of the mickey mouse playhouse/playgound that my kids see on tv. Complete with silly slide, toodles, hot dog dancing, and character meets. I think this would be a great addition to the toon town fair.

I'm surprised there isn't anything Hannah Montana related at the parks. It would be insanely popular.

Ratatouille! Incredibles (a ride, not the artist sit-through)!

And Cars!!!!

They should re-do Test Track into a Cars ride. It wouldn't take much at all, and the end would dump your "car" out into the Piston Cup (he did what in his cup?) -- in other words, don't change a thing with the actual run on the Test Track; just some minor changes to the inside. Doc Hudson could narrate in the inside taking you from all the "stops" that we love from the movie, i.e., the Cone Motel with Sally, the Tire Shop with the Italians, the militant and hippy cars and, of course, the junkyard with Mater. Or Mater could narrate and one of the "stops" could be the garage or courtroom where you get to see Doc. Or Mack could narrate the whole thing and imagineering includes both a Mater and a Doc Hudson scene.

The part of Test Track where you're currently in that boring black room waiting for the doors to open to let you out onto the track could be done up just like the inside of Mack's trailer when Lightning is in it -- with maybe one of the popular songs from the movie in the background.

Naturally a photo is taken with a Cars theme around the border -- heck, maybe they could even superimpose Mater or Luigi "sitting" in the back of your car.

As much as I would love a Ratatouille ride, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in somewhere with dining, i.e., a character meal of some sort. It would be great if it could be some sort of gourmet kitchen that allows for observation and/or a little interaction by its patrons. Maybe a character meal that appeals to adults (I say this only because I know more adults who enjoyed this movie than children) :thumbsup2

I'm surprised there isn't anything Hannah Montana related at the parks. It would be insanely popular.

:rolleyes1

i know Hannah and HSM are HUGE hits right now... but... i just don't see the draw. maybe just because i'm 19... though i've always hated HSM... i'm a theatre major and love everything theatre and that movie was just a disgrace IMO. :confused3

Ratatouille! Incredibles (a ride, not the artist sit-through)!

And Cars!!!!

They should re-do Test Track into a Cars ride. It wouldn't take much at all, and the end would dump your "car" out into the Piston Cup (he did what in his cup?) -- in other words, don't change a thing with the actual run on the Test Track; just some minor changes to the inside. Doc Hudson could narrate in the inside taking you from all the "stops" that we love from the movie, i.e., the Cone Motel with Sally, the Tire Shop with the Italians, the militant and hippy cars and, of course, the junkyard with Mater. Or Mater could narrate and one of the "stops" could be the garage or courtroom where you get to see Doc. Or Mack could narrate the whole thing and imagineering includes both a Mater and a Doc Hudson scene.

The part of Test Track where you're currently in that boring black room waiting for the doors to open to let you out onto the track could be done up just like the inside of Mack's trailer when Lightning is in it -- with maybe one of the popular songs from the movie in the background.

Naturally a photo is taken with a Cars theme around the border -- heck, maybe they could even superimpose Mater or Luigi "sitting" in the back of your car.

As much as I would love a Ratatouille ride, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in somewhere with dining, i.e., a character meal of some sort. It would be great if it could be some sort of gourmet kitchen that allows for observation and/or a little interaction by its patrons. Maybe a character meal that appeals to adults (I say this only because I know more adults who enjoyed this movie than children) :thumbsup2

What a great idea for a redo of TT!! That would be a real cool ride and would fit so perfectly:yay: :yay:

Treasure planet would be cool. Maybe have something like your very own solar surfer that you could ride on.

These are a bunch of great ideas! Maybe Disney should contract the members of the DIS boards to come up with new ride ideas for them.

There is a rumor that a shop like the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is in the works for DHS that will specialize in Hannah Montana and HSM makeovers for the teen set. This comes from Jim Hill, so take it for what it's worth. :rolleyes1

Love the idea of The Incredibles! Disneyland did a great job with the Monsters, Inc. ride.

Alice in Wonderland is already at Disneyland in California.

Not sure if OP meant new rides that aren't in ANY parks yet or just referring to WDW parks?

I think I heard rumors of an Incredibles robot coaster. Has enyone else heard that?

I think I heard rumors of an Incredibles robot coaster. Has enyone else heard that?

I was just going to say that...I could swear I read somewhere that Disney was considering tearing down that theater (can't think of the name but it is to the right when you exit BUZZ) and putting is some kind of serious Incredibles rollercoaster (like the Hulk @ Uninversal) I think it was in one of the millions of guidebooks I have read..:confused3

I think National Treasure would make an outstanding ride. When I watch the movie I can just see myself in it.

Insanely popular like "Lizzie McGuire" was a few years back, you mean. :)

I don't think "Hannah Montanna" and HSM are anything more than flashes in the pan. Sure, they're hits now... but they're hardly classics.

Have you been to the Indian Jones ride in Disneyland? It's amazing!

The Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is without a doubt my favorite Disney attraction. I'd like to see something similar at WDW based on the National Treasure movies.

Personally, I wish that the WDW Haunted Mansion would go through the holiday makeover! But as for movies with no attractions, I think that they should bring the Hercules the MUSEical (like on the DCL) to the Studios.

I would love to see something from Brother Bear - maybe a roller coaster or simulator ride based on the part at the beginning of the movie with the brothers on the rapids, etc? Add the Northern Lights, a tranformation - maybe we "see through the eyes" of a bear or some such and you have a heck of an attraction.

As to where to put it? Canada in Epcot, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!