What new and/or different things do you like to try when you go to WDW?

nezy

DIS Veteran
We all have our favorite things tod (my kids love to fo get ice cream on Main Street before we exit the park..but it must be late at night.. or club cool at EPCOT,. We only get our Dole Whip only at the Poly, play volleyball at Beach Club).
We also like to try something new each time we go. Something we never did before. We have never been to MNSSHP, so in October we will be going.

WHAT ACTIVITIES, EXPERIENCES, THINGS TO DO HAVE YOU NOT TRIED AND WOULD LIKE TO OR CAN YOU SHARE EXPERIENCES THAT YOU WANTED TO TRY, AND THEN DID?

Some different things we have tried over the years includes parasailing at Contemporary, running 1/2 marathons, wine tasting at ToTWL, MVMCP, checking out the Easter eggs in the different resorts, to name a few.

Last trip I ate at California Grill. I always wanted to, but was too cheap to pay for it for the kids. Last trip was a solo trip. I like to try a new restaurant. With my limited funds (blame the Canadian $) I usually don't venture out too far. Next trip I might try a dessert party, or and early morning event.

We went horseback riding at the Tri Circle-D ranch last week. It was a lot of fun! We are always trying to find "Disney firsts" each trip. We will also be doing MNSSHP this October!

Last trip I ate at California Grill. I always wanted to, but was too cheap to pay for it for the kids. Last trip was a solo trip. I like to try a new restaurant. With my limited funds (blame the Canadian $) I usually don't venture out too far. Next trip I might try a dessert party, or and early morning event.
I have never eaten at California grill...also "frugal" lol. But I have. Sat in the lounge and had a few apps and drinks. That was great. Was there for sunset. Beautiful.

So how was the food?

We went horseback riding at the Tri Circle-D ranch last week. It was a lot of fun! We are always trying to find "Disney firsts" each trip. We will also be doing MNSSHP this October!
I was thinking of doing the horseback riding. Do they have different speed trails or are they all slow walking?

I always wanted to try the Plaza restaurant, but couldn't get a reservation. Then when I did, very bad experience handling dietary restrictions.
Next trip, staying at the Polynesian for the first time. I've ever stayed at a Monorail resort, but always wanted to try it.

Last trip we stayed deluxe for the first (possibly only) time since were just there for one night. It was the Contemporary so that we could walk to MNSSHP which was also a first.

Trip before that we did MVMCP for the first time and looked at the Christmas decorations at the monorail hotels. And went to see the Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs and enjoyed Galactic Nights at DHS.

I have never eaten at California grill...also "frugal" lol. But I have. Sat in the lounge and had a few apps and drinks. That was great. Was there for sunset. Beautiful.

So how was the food?
The food was fantastic, the service impeccable. I savoured every bite. I did notice some other tables rushing through the meal though. Tables seated after me and leaving before me. I guess the get back to the theme park aspect of dining on site. I didn't feel rushed by my server though, he seemed happy to discuss menu items, and converse with me. I had the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, and the Filet Mignon, 2 glasses of wine. Both food items were excellent. I'm not sure what seasonings are in the ravioli sauce, but it was very flavourful and much better than expected. I had no room for dessert.

My new favorite thing is Footgolf which is free with the Premium annual pass and was a blast for the entire family. It’s like golf, but with a soccer ball.

Next trip we are trying Chefs Table at Victoria and Alberts. It will probably be our only time there as its pricey and hard to get.

Our first trip without kids, we went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We also tried 3 new restaurants: Shula’s, Jiko and The Boathouse.

I was thinking of doing the horseback riding. Do they have different speed trails or are they all slow walking?
Honestly, they didn't even ask us if we'd had experience riding. They just choose horses, put us on the horses and started off. I think it's a standard trail they do. You can always ask the ranch if they rent horses for more experienced riding. It was still a fun way to spend the morning!

We try to do something new (to us) every trip. Here is a partial list.
  • Queen Victoria Room at Victoria and Alberts
  • Horse-drawn trolley on Main Street in Magic Kingdom
  • Wild Africa Trek
  • Pontoon Boat rental in 7 Seas Lagoon/ Bay Lake
  • Seven Seas Tasting Cruise
  • California Grille
  • TOTWL
  • Caring for Giants
  • Chef Art Smith’s
  • Enzo’s Hideaway
  • Shop at Uniqlo
  • Cirque Du Soleil
  • DIS 20th Anniversary Party at Epcot
  • MVMCP
  • Tiffin’s
  • Membership Magic at Epcot
  • Pandora opening
  • Candlelight Processional
  • Grand Floridian Tour
  • Braves Spring Training
  • Rafiki’s Planet Watch
  • Rivers of Light
  • Boathouse
  • Senses Spa
  • Cinderella’s Table

I also enjoy the "something new" each trip - sometimes it's a new restaurant or entertainment we haven't seen yet.
My biggest "wish" was to go at Christmas time and see every ounce of the holiday festivities/tour the resorts, which we did and loved every second of it! It was my dream trip.
This next trip, the new thing I'd like to experience is Caring for Giants at AK. We also haven't brought my kiddo on Carousel of Progress yet, (!?! why ?!?) so that will be a must do "new" thing for us this go 'round.

We love California Grill! We went when we had the dining plan or when we had the Tables in Wonderland card. I thought their sushi was even better than the sushi at Japan in Epcot. DW loves their flatbreads.

Right now our new to try is a different hotel/resort each time.

The Wild Africa Trek in AK has been one of our favorite things. At the time, in 2015, we received a DVC discount. I am not sure if they have that discount any longer but it would have been worth it without the savings. WE also tried the California Grill Brunch last year and it was definitely worth it, although we didn't need to eat the rest of the day!

We usually change up our to-dos & try at least one new restaurant each trip. Thirteen days in May include: Wild Africa Trek, making meals out of F&GF snacks ONLY, trying at least 5-6 new alcoholic drinks, Yehaa Bob, ping-pong and/or billiards at community hall, visit TOTW, go on rides/attractions we haven't in a long while (Peter Pan, IASW, Tiki Room, CoP, etc), mini-golf, ESPN, etc
Many of our favorite times have occurred just wandering around with no plans, so often we plan for no plans :)

Next month, we'll try the Trail's End Brunch and the Highway in the Sky Progressive Dinner & Fireworks for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts