What nostalgia items do you have in your home?

Please make sure it all gets kept in the family. When my mother died, she left me nothing. Oh, she did leave me money, but nothing "nostalgic"-she'd had my father cremated 10 years before, and left his ashes in the house when she sold it! Fortunately, it's a small town and the ashes got found and sent to the funeral home where she was. Thankfully, I got my father's dog tags years before, but I'd told her that there were a couple little things she had I would have loved some day. Sadly, "someday" will never be. So I beg people to please keep track!

I have a little stoneware crock that my grandma used to mix up pancakes for me. It sits on my counter where I can see it every day and think of her.

Here's what I have kicking around my place:

A dusty Walkman. Remember those? Mine is from the early 90s, bright pink and totally impractical now that everything is digital. But I can't bring myself to throw it out - it takes me right back to listening to cassette tapes on long car rides with my family.

A box of childhood toys. I've got some action figures from the 80s (think He-Man and G.I. Joe) and a well-loved stuffed animal from when I was little. They're not exactly museum-worthy, but they bring back some warm fuzzy feelings.

A vintage camera. It's a film camera, and I haven't used it in ages, but there's something about the chunky weight of it and the anticipation of waiting for the photos to develop that I find nostalgic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter