What parks would you pick for an adults only trip?

Ok, I'll ask my question on this thread vs a new one. My wife and I are going in October with no kids for three days with park hoppers. Epcot is a must for Food and Wine and we both love MK so now for the third day we can't decide to split it between MK and Epcot or give the other parks a chance. For HS I have been twice in the last 18 months and it was just ok to me, I think I would only be interested in going if the new Runaway Railway is open, but sell me on Animal Kingdom. I hear so many times its the best park for adults, but my kid has zero interest so the one time we went we did Pandora, Safari, Everest and left. What are we missing out on?

but sell me on Animal Kingdom. I hear so many times its the best park for adults, but my kid has zero interest so the one time we went we did Pandora, Safari, Everest and left. What are we missing out on?

AK has always been a favorite for my family! (We're two adults and one, now, 18-year-old.) Of course part of it is that we all like animals, but I really think most of it has to do with the slower pace at which we approach the park. Because many of the attractions are trails with no wait times, there's a lot less rushing to here or there, and a lot more strolling around and paying attention whenever we see something interesting. We stop and listen to the music, take in the details, etc.

We are also going this Aug with ZERO kids, just us! First time EVER on any trip, no grand-kids, nada granted out youngest is now 22 but this is a us only trip and was wondering how many other do this. Planning stages as far a what parks and when and dinner resies, so this is all new and you know what I am LIKING IT! Keep the suggestions going!

MK and EPCOT. Days in these parks are different without kids. Adults have a different pace, with different priorities.
Not better or worse, just different. Enjoy!!

If you have been there before, then you will know what your favorite is. The great thing about WDW is that people of all ages can enjoy every park. When I go, I spend most of my time at Epcot and AK. But if my hubby was with me, then we would probably spend more time at MK. Go do what you like to do. Being an adult does not limit you on which park to go to.

Ok, I'll ask my question on this thread vs a new one. My wife and I are going in October with no kids for three days with park hoppers. Epcot is a must for Food and Wine and we both love MK so now for the third day we can't decide to split it between MK and Epcot or give the other parks a chance. For HS I have been twice in the last 18 months and it was just ok to me, I think I would only be interested in going if the new Runaway Railway is open, but sell me on Animal Kingdom. I hear so many times its the best park for adults, but my kid has zero interest so the one time we went we did Pandora, Safari, Everest and left. What are we missing out on?

I think a person either enjoys AK or they do not. I have found that people that are only really interested in thrill rides and constant stimulation, do not really enjoy AK. But me, and others, who can take the time to appreciate the beauty and the amount of detail, as well as the shows and the animal treks, really enjoy AK. When I go solo, I spend quite a bit of time in the Maharjah Jungle trek just looking at the animal. I go off on all of the meandering paths, as well as going on the rides. The Up bird show is nice, the lion king show, talking to the cultural representatives, are all things that would interest some people. Since you have a hopper, you can go in the morning and then change parks if you wanted to. See for yourself if you enjoy it.

I would definitely go to Epcot and definitely skip MK. As to whether I'd go to DHS or AK, it would depend on personal preference for the rides offered. I think FoP is sooo much better than every single other ride at DW that we would probably choose AK. If you had hoppers or an AP, then I would split one day between EP and DHS (the boat makes transportation easy) and spend the other 0.5 day at AK.

My husband and I did an adults only weekend 2 summers ago. We did a Halloween Party at MK one night, and a full day at Epcot. I wanted to do MK because when we go with our family, one of my kids doesn't like many of the rides, so I end up sitting out with her a lot, and I wanted a chance to have fun! If we were to do it again, I would probably choose a full day at Epcot, and the half day at Animal Kingdom. Personally, I love Animal Kingdom (my kids might say it's their favourite park). But with kids, you tend to miss a lot of the thematic details and ambiance because you're rushing from one thing to the next. The park itself if beautiful, and I would go out of my way to ride Flight of Passage, even if that was the only ride I did that day. I also love the Lion King show and the safari.

At the end of the day, you really can't go wrong - it's Disney!

Epcot (because of the many adult beverages, the ability to watch all the movies to your hearts content and get a chance to do all the interactive stuff you want)

and the second park i would pick based on what you want to do but don't get to because of the kids. Are there rides you like but the kids don't? Is there a park you never got to really explore everything you wanted to because of the kids? Is there a park you just love and want to do again?

If you haven’t been to Universal, I’d go there instead. There are more adult rides, and the Harry Potter stuff is exceptional.

WDW is a tough one. Everything is so spread out. If you haven’t done the new Avatar stuff, maybe check out AK. If you had park hoppers, then I’d say finish your evenings in EPCOT. Otherwise, folks here rave about the boardwalk.

HS doesn’t know what it wants to be. EPCOT is getting dated, but it has better dining options. MK is great for kids and nostalgia. Personally, I prefer DL over MK.

AK will give you Everest and Avatar and good dining options. I like Indian food, and most of the food in AK reminds me Indian food.

The resorts have better dining options. Really, the planning is how long it takes to get place to place. This is the big downside of WDW. But nothing prevents you from going to a resort that you’re not staying at for a meal or nice walk, which you’ll be doing plenty of anyway.

What type of vacation do you want to have?

Last edited:

Like others have said, it's a park that's best taken at a slower pace. Whenever I've gone there with a mission ("ride XYZ by X time of day") I come away feeling meh on it. When I was working in WDW, though, it was the park to which I gravitated most often on my days off because I could spend a whole day just wandering around there without necessarily feeling like I had to go from one ride to the next.

Following. DH and I are going in the summer for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We already have dinners booked at California Grill and V&A (our two favorite restaurants at WDW). Other than that, I am not sure what to do. Epcot as adults sounds lovely, and then I'm leaning toward HS and the rides that we can't ride together when our kids are with us (or at all): RNRC, ToT, SDD (if we can get it), Star Tours, or AK: Dinosaur, Everest, FoP if we can get it, drinks at Nomad lounge...

BTW, Tiffins is our favorite in park restaurant, if anyone is thinking about an adults-only visit to AK...

Another vote for Epcot and AK! The world showcase has so much to leisurely browse. The festivals and the dining options make it even better. At AK, FoP is a contender for best ride at WDW. Lion King is an excellent show. Nomad lounge next to Tiffins has great ambiance, drinks, and appetizers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts