What restaurants are Open at Jambo House?

Frederic Civish

“I’m just here for the Ears.”
DVC Gold
Hi everyone. I'm sure this question has been answered, but I really cannot find the answer. Only OLD information and suppositions about the future.

My question is, What restaurants are open at Jambo House? Boma? Mara? Jikko? Pool Bar? And if they are not open now, when WILL they be opening?

Thank you for any information, or opinions you can give me.

So far only Sanaa for both Kidani and Jambo (which is only the DVC rooms at Jambo). Nothing at Jambo (possibly pool bar, but that might have just been for Labor Day weekend).

No word on when anything else is opening there.

And if they are not open now, when WILL they be opening?
Restaurants / dining options in Jambo House are not expected to open until the rest of Jambo House opens at a future data that Disney has not announced. Only the DVC units are open in Jambo House at this time.

Dave

I thought I heard that the pool bar is now open. I’d check out the Jambo thread.

I believe the latest since Labor Day is that the Uzima Springs Pool Bar has only been opening on select weekends. Not sure if it is every weekend or just when Disney decides it's needed.

Are there still animals out at Jambo? Will it be decorated for the holidays? We are staying there in early December.

Wish they would open Mara - right now there are no "American" style food offerings at that resort at all! Going in December with large group and looks like we will have to go off site for every meal or cook a lot!

We will be at BCV soon.

Wondering if the Marketplace at the Beach Club is open & the Compass store at the Yatch Club?

Are there still animals out at Jambo? Will it be decorated for the holidays? We are staying there in early December.

Stayed there two weeks ago in a Jambo studio and yes, the animals were all still out in full force! Also, all signs point to everything still being decorated from CM's I know, but as with anything in 2020, that is subject to change at any time!

Wish they would open Mara - right now there are no "American" style food offerings at that resort at all! Going in December with large group and looks like we will have to go off site for every meal or cook a lot!

That was our biggest problem with only Sanaa being open is that they didn't add a few standard breakfasts, etc.

We just got back last night from a 10 day stay at Kidani, which we were very happy with, but I am SO glad we didn't stay at Jambo House this time. I thought I'd run over there to visit their larger Gift Shop/General Store, and it had a sign saying that it was closed and people should just visit the shop at Kidani.

Also, with NO restaurants open at Jambo it is very inconvenient. Sanaa is a fine restaurant, and I like it a lot (except for their Disney breakfasts), but it just isn't enough by itself. At least it is AT Kidani, so we had something available. We scheduled some takeout, and yes, you DO need to go on the app and preschedule takeout.

We love the Mara, Boma and Jiko, and being at Jambo without having them available would really be bothersome to me.

But this trip was the least we have ever used restaurants and the least money we have ever spent on restaurants at DW. Normally, I budget about $100 per person, per day for food at DW. (And, let's face it, if often costs more.) By the time you do one dinner, for around $50 (more or less, including tip) plus a breakfast at $25 and lunch at $30, it gets expensive. But we had a 2 bedroom at Kidani and I finally figured out the correct kind, and amount, of groceries to order. The end result was that of the 8 people in our room, TWO of us went out for breakfast one day. And we ordered Pizza one night from Giordanos. We also had 1 evening meal at Il Mulino, over at the Swan and Dolphin, but that was it.

Most breakfasts and dinners, and some lunches we just did in our room, and I really came to appreciate having a full kitchen. Besides, truthfully, getting some frozen waffles, breakfast sandwiches, eggs, bread, condiments and various TV Dinners for lunch and dinner, is actually much more delicious than a lot of offerings from Disney breakfast restaurants and fast food restaurants. I can't stand the cheap, crummy, flavorless breakfasts that you get at most Disney places (Rivera is an exception, as are Character Breakfasts - which they didn't have). I think most Disney breakfasts are not even as good as breakfast at Denny's.

Sorry about the rant. We did enjoy the stay, but I am not recommending Jambo house until they open their restaurants.

So - can adults order off of the children's portion of the menu? Mickey waffles, pizza, and cheeseburgers are all included on those. I know the quality of the food isn't great - but I have some picky eaters over the age of 9! :)

So - can adults order off of the children's portion of the menu? Mickey waffles, pizza, and cheeseburgers are all included on those. I know the quality of the food isn't great - but I have some picky eaters over the age of 9! :)
Yes. I have never seen Disney put any restrictions on who orders and eats whatever. I have traveled with many adults who have occasionally ordered off the kids menu.

Yes. I have never seen Disney put any restrictions on who orders and eats whatever. I have traveled with many adults who have occasionally ordered off the kids menu.

They sometimes will give an adult portion with an accompanying higher price, but unless you are on the dining plan - which is not happening now, but they are much more strict with it - you should be able to order off the kids menu. Just expect a larger portion and price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter