What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Can you elaborate on Ohana? Missed it on my first visit and ADR-ed it this time for breakfast. Kid is ambivalent but never been to Poly so will give us an excuse to get over there.

Not sure if the person you were asking was being specific about breakfast or dinner, but we've done both. We liked the breakfast experience. Dinner for me was just, meh...
Some things were really good, and many things were just bad in my opinion. Steak skewers that were brought to us were well done and very dry. I only learned after the fact that supposedly you can ask for medium rare to be brought to you. The noodles and veggies had absolutely no flavor. I thought they were going to have a stir fry sauce flavor, but there was just absolutely no flavoring on them. My favorite things that I ate a bunch of were the wings and peel and eat shrimp. I thought both of those were incredibly good. I wasn't wowed by the bread pudding either, but my wife loved it. For as expensive as that meal is for dinner, and how hard ADRs are to get for it, I'd expect everything to be good....not just 50% of it.

Breakfast was good though, and I'd go back for that. But our son is getting older now so I'm not sure character experiences are really going to be our thing for future trips.

Can you elaborate on Ohana? Missed it on my first visit and ADR-ed it this time for breakfast. Kid is ambivalent but never been to Poly so will give us an excuse to get over there.
Sure, we went for dinner and I was very excited to finally go, we waited a half hour to finally get seated and then the rest of the experience was just not that great with the exception of desert. Took forever to get our drinks and then bam they are throwing food at you like crazy, and the food was nothing special to say the least, with the best part being the wings, every skewer we were served was very dry especially the peel and eat shrimp, half way into the meal I needed another drink and the waiter was nowhere to be found, vanished for over 20 minutes (which didn't surprise me because I have read on here people complaining about the exact same thing.) The bread pudding was excellent!! Then they rush you out of there. I was so excited for that meal and it was the biggest let down of the trip. Too much money for OK food.

Biergarten was a 3/10 this week

Was a 7/10 when we last visited 4 yrs ago

Maybe it has its ups and downs, but I doubt we will return.

Raglan Road last night was very very good.

Its amazing how one person's YUK is another's YUM. There are many variables that will influence your opinion. Personal taste high on the list.
We love Yak & Yeti, Cape May, Plaza Inn.
We like Columbia HH. The shrimp was good.
Sorry to say we used to rave about Flame Tree, but our experience there last month was bad. My salad was small and wilted. DH' onion rings were all dried up.
We will try it again though, because every other visit was good.

Any that have character dining. You pay a premium for the meal as a result. Unless you have kids who will appreciate the character, don't go. Even with characters, the amount of time you have with each is very limited.

Well we gave Satu'li Cantee another try on Sunday. I stand by my original statement. No thank you. At least it wasn't crowded this time. But it was still filthy and the food was SOOOOOOOOOO mediocre. How do you botch rice?? Undercooked and flavorless.

Reading this thread makes me think of my three states of being. I'm breathing so everything is good. I'm not at work , everything is great. I'm at Disney every thing is just AWSOME! And there is me view of life at my age.

On topic, I have never had a bad meal at Disney. Take that for what it is worth, I'm am from South Louisiana and of mixed Cajun and Italian heritage which means I will eat anything.

Ha, my father's side of the family is from Jennings (midway between Lake Charles and Lafayette) and I too am of mixed Italian and Cajun blood (with Swedish from my mom's side). And I, too, will eat anything.

I'm going to go with Coral Reef. It's pretty but the food was awful and my kids refused dessert for the first time ever. Should have paid attention to the reviews.

Tutto Italia. So-so service ,the food was lukewarm & the taste of the food was nothing to rave about. We have consistently had much better meals at our local Carrabbas & Maggianos .

Sorry to say we used to rave about Flame Tree, but our experience there last month was bad. My salad was small and wilted. DH' onion rings were all dried up.
We will try it again though, because every other visit was good.

We didn't like Flame Tree, either. We got the ribs and chicken combo and it was all bones. As long as Harambe Market is around we won't be going to Flame Tree, the ribs there are much better.

Chef Mickey - Too much chaos. Food is meh - even for buffet food. Can see the same characters elsewhere.

I thought we were done with BOG, but my daughter pulled a fast one on me and asked for breakfast again on our June trip...

1900 Park Fare. We went for breakfast. The characters were okay but breakfast was just not that good. I know it's a buffet but I wasn't impressed. Honestly we went to Chef Mickey's that trip for brunch another day and that food was much better. Crystal Palace is another one I won't do again. It takes so long and the food at dinner just wasn't that good. Perhaps I've just grown tired of buffets and characters.

Funny thing is the one must do for my family every trip is Cosmic Ray's. I don't get it, maybe it's the nostalgia but my family insists on it.

Tutto Italia. So-so service ,the food was lukewarm & the taste of the food was nothing to rave about. We have consistently had much better meals at our local Carrabbas & Maggianos .
Same. That is the one restaurant my family refuses to try again. The lasagna we had tasted like canned Chef Boyardee, and the service was very lacking.

I'm absolutely shocked to hear this; when my wife and I went to Tutto Italia on our honeymoon, it was our favorite restaurant of the entire trip for the food alone!

She ordered the Bistecca which she really enjoyed and I had the lobster ravioli which sent me to an ethereal plane of existence that I didn't even know I could achieve through eating a meal. It was literally the best anything I've ever eaten in my life! :teleport:

The service was phenomenal, too, but YMMV because we wore our Just Married pins so that may have had something to do with it, lol

As for myself, I don't think I've ever had a bad meal at WDW per se, though a couple of places off the top of my head were nothing special that stick out to me: Cosmic Ray's and Restaurantosaurus. They're both just kind of "eh" while the latter is one of my favorites aesthetically but that doesn't go super far when it's basically just up-scaled cafeteria food, haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter