What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Until 12/18, Marrakesh was a "must do" for me (since way back in the 90s!). I skipped it last trip and next only because I felt the need to try out something new. I like the place and think you'll be fine. FWIW, I also like O'hana.

I know how you feel, though, I keep seeing my upcoming trip's picks bashed and think....did I make a mistake?

Here's the thing: dining like everything else at WDW is incredibly subjective. On every thread to do with a restaurant, nearly every restaurant will show up at some point. Good or bad. Some places have off days. Some people are basing their opinions off one trip 5 years ago, when the menu/executive chef has probably changed a few times since. One person's awful is another person's amazing. If I cancelled ADRs based on other guest experiences, we never would have gone to CRT. But we ended up loving it. Don't let it deter you.

SciFi - burger was fine. Portions are massive. Milkshake was basically ice cream in a cup. I just didn’t like sitting in the dark with the same clips on repeat.

This.

We could have split a meal and been fine, but the part that really killed me was sitting in the dark. I had to use my cell phone glow to see what I was doing. It was funny at the time, but I don't think I'd go back.

Man , I forgot about 9 Dragons. It was so bad its not even registering in my brain.
Both times we tried it we got sick.

and it was years between visits.

Oh man! That's awful! I'm making mental notes of this because Nine Dragons was on our list for our next trip.. 🤢

I know how you feel, though, I keep seeing my upcoming trip's picks bashed and think....did I make a mistake?

ME - right now wondering why nobody else likes BOG. We haven't been since they went pre-fixe but loved every dinner we have had. Maybe it was the atmosphere (That moment when the master stomps through the dining room) or maybe it was the wine? :drinking1

Yea I might reconsider that choice. You will note that getting an ADR for that place is easy, and its empty alot. There is a reason for that.
For Asian in EP we do Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo.

Thank you for the recommendations! We'll definitely try one of those. Teppan Edo was one I was interested in, as well. :)

Oh man! That's awful! I'm making mental notes of this because Nine Dragons was on our list for our next trip.. 🤢

I'd suggest trying it anyways. We did, in spite of reading so many negative reviews over the years. Turns out that we really enjoyed it-great food, service, and atmosphere for us.

Tuskers - Beyond me why this place is popular. Didn't like the food and the place was VERY noisy.
Garden Grill - Lunch - boring food
Tony's - If it wasn't for the parade VIP tickets I wouldn't go back here.

^^For Tusker's loudness issue, ask for the side room. Maybe 8-10 tables in there. About 7 of the tables held parties of 8ish and then 3 tables for 2-4 people. It was QUIET and it is great because the kids see the character and within (at most) 5 minutes you are interacting with them.

We were randomly sat there the first time and peeked into the bigger room and realized we hit the jackpot.

San Angel- food was appalling. Not worth the money
Liberty Tree Tavern- didn't care for the theming. Food was basic.
Katsura Grill- tasteless food. Dirty tables.
Sommerfest- food was dry and unappetising

Prime time at DHS. I will never go there again. The service was terrible. After we waited at a table for over 20 minutes with no drinks, and no service, I went to the podium to request service, when the waitress showed up, she said I was impatient and needed to mind my manners...I guess she thought she was in character. It just made me incensed. There's a time for playing that that character and it's not when your customers are upset by your lack of service.

BOG lunch. Never again. Wondered around 20+ minutes looking for a place to sit for 3 of us. Ridiculous that you have to make a reservation and still can't find seating. Also the food was just not very good. We do enjoy their breakfast however and never had a problem finding seating for that.

Ohana has been one of our must do restaurants but after our last visit...we probably will not go back. Service was lack luster and our food was just okay. Seems to have gone downhill. I just don't want to spend that much money on just a meh experience in the future.

Pecos Bill’s. I’ve been twice now and whilst the food isn’t bad, I don’t like the atmosphere or the toppings bar.
I also will never waste money at Spice Road Table again. I’ve had WAY better food at a hole in the wall Moroccan joint, the view was awful, the tables and chairs were wobbly, the service was non-existent, I regret it entirely.

Sci Fi Dine In: service was good and theming was cool but I got the szetchuan lettuce cups and not only did I have to assemble them myself (including tossing the tofu bites in the sauce myself in the dark), the vegetables were unseasoned, and the sauce itself was terrible. It was the first time in a long time I literally /hated/ the food I was eating.

BOG lunch. Never again. Wondered around 20+ minutes looking for a place to sit for 3 of us. Ridiculous that you have to make a reservation and still can't find seating. Also the food was just not very good. We do enjoy their breakfast however and never had a problem finding seating for that.
That's how I feel about BOG. Between the kiosk to order, the cafeteria feel, and the not so great food at least at lunch, I just don't like it there. The castle is beautiful, and I just feel like if they made it a nicer vibe with a hostess seating your party; a waiter taking your order; them serving better tasting food; and both Belle and the Beast coming to every table; I would give it another shot. I just can't get over the disappointment from last time's lunch. I felt like I was sitting in a cafeteria that was decorated for a Beauty and the Beast performance. Granted, we are used to eating signature most of the time, but still, I think a lot more could be done to improve the guest experience at BOG.

For us it would be Mama Melrose. Granted it was 5 years ago, we were doing a Fantasmic dining and we're from an area with some really good Italian restaurtants, but...we all hated our meals. Mine had raw (no translucent there) onions in the sauce ad it was pretty bland. Dessert came out on a sampler tray which must have sat in the cooler too long and the bottoms of the desserts were actually wet. Service was slow but once she gave us our dessert she disappeared for 20 minutes. We just wanted to leave and had to ask another waitress to get our check. Won't chance it again.

That's how I feel about BOG. Between the kiosk to order, the cafeteria feel, and the not so great food at least at lunch, I just don't like it there. The castle is beautiful, and I just feel like if they made it a nicer vibe with a hostess seating your party; a waiter taking your order; them serving better tasting food; and both Belle and the Beast coming to every table; I would give it another shot. I just can't get over the disappointment from last time's lunch. I felt like I was sitting in a cafeteria that was decorated for a Beauty and the Beast performance. Granted, we are used to eating signature most of the time, but still, I think a lot more could be done to improve the guest experience at BOG.

If they made BOG a sit-down for lunch too, many people would no longer be able to afford it. I am glad it is kiosk/pre-ordering and seat yourself instead of sit down as that means I can enjoy the beautiful castle once or twice a year.

I keep seeing people mention the kiosk ordering issues at BOG. Do people not realize that you can do it on your phone and skip that whole process? I understand some people may not have smart phones, but that can't be everybody.

Pecos Bills we tried last year...never again..nope
I am curious who has tried BOG dinner..seems a lot of breakfast and lunch goers hate it. I have not been since changed to Pre fixe but we enjoyed brunch and dinner there 2017.
I went for dinner in November and I LOVED it. Very expensive, at 62 a pop (I think), but you do get 3 courses. All of which I thought were so delicious and very well made. But this was my most expensive dinner bill ever at WDW 😪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!