What rides when pregnant?

pamsorg

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone! This is my very first post. But I have been reading your wonderful posts a couple weeks now. It has really helped me get ready for our trip. We leave Saturday Morning 06/26.

I have one question: Will there be a lot of ride that I CAN ride while pregnant? I am 5 1/2 months along. I know that each ride will have its own warnings, but I wanted to hear from others who have been to disney while pregnant and rode the rides.

This will the first time my husband and two children have been. I went about 10 years ago. I just want to be able to enjoy as much of the trip with them as possible.

TIA

Pam

Hi,
I suggest you click here and read the Tips for Expectant Mom's on Allearsnet.com. There are some great tips there - the first being to talk to your doctor (of course). I did go to WDW while pg but I was only about 8 weeks at the time. It was my first pg and so I decided to play it safe and didn't go on many rides that warned against it for expectant moms. Since we go frequently, I knew we would be back again so I just took it easy and enjoyed the slower pace for once.

Hope you have a great trip and a healthy pregnancy!

Have a magical day,
Cheryl

Hi:wave: and welcome to the DIS!! We just got back--DSIL and I were both pregnant (she was 6 1/2 months and I was 4 1/2 months during our visit). You will be able to ride a lot more than you won't be able to ride. Here is a short list of suggested no-no's:

MK
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Epcot
Test Track
Mission Space
(I also think Maelstrom might be included)

AK
Kali River Rapids
Kilamanjaro Safari(DSIL rode and just requested to sit up front where it is not so bouncy)
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl

MGM
Tower of Terror
Rock n' Rollercoaster

Those are the ones that come to mind. I am sure others will be along shortly to tell you about their own experiences. I am not sure if there is a warning on the teacups but I rode that and just did not spin very much(I don't like spinning anyway). We had a great time but we did move a lot slower than I am used to. We did make a point to have an afternoon ice cream break almost everyday-have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter