What rides WON'T your kiddos do?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I think its hilarious that DD WILL NOT go on Laugh Floor, she is so scared of Mike Wazowski :lmao:
She also will not go on PoTC, she went on stitch and tough to be a bug (even though she liked tough to be a bug when she did do it) and won't go on again. She also CRIED TO GO ON Dinosaur, but she won't do that one again (can't blame her though). and she won't go on muppets either....but loves Mickey's Philharmagic.
So what rides do your kids refuse to go on?

My sister will go on any roller coaster that she's tall enough for and loves it. But she absolutely refuses to go to any shows - from Philharmagic to Muppets to Fantasmic. She hates how loud they are

My daughter hates the 3-D shows. She won't put on the 3-D glasses and hides her face in my arm. She is 9 and also does this at our local theaters. Even when she begged me to go see Hannah Montanna in 3-D. She has rode all the mountains but refuses to ride EE. She is so weird.

DS will ride anything and been riding the big roller coasters since he was just shy of 4.
DD who is 7 will not ride anything that goes fast/high/in the dark/has loops. At least in previous years we could still get a child swap for most of the rides she did not want to ride. This year she is tall enough to go on all of the rides so we will need to wait twice for each one. At least with fast pass the wait is a bit shorter.

DS will ride anything and been riding the big roller coasters since he was just shy of 4.
DD who is 7 will not ride anything that goes fast/high/in the dark/has loops. At least in previous years we could still get a child swap for most of the rides she did not want to ride. This year she is tall enough to go on all of the rides so we will need to wait twice for each one. At least with fast pass the wait is a bit shorter.

We still use the rider swap and my DD is 9 almost 10. I have never had a CM say anything to us about it. I did not even know there was such a rule.

DD would REFUSE to do Splash Mountain because of the drop - even though she knew it was my FAVORITE ride. She also REFUSED to go on POTC because she heard Barbossa and Davy Jones were on it and was afraid the Kraken would attack (which she never asked me - so I couldn't tell her that didn't happen).

She finally was brave enough to do the rollercoasters in November '09. And now she LOVES all of the rides listed above...

:wizard:

My DD6 was scared of POTC because the hallways were "to dark" so we went out a door that was posted as an exit and was a service walkway, we walked a bit before we found a 'guest area', but we found out what it was like to be an employee behind the scenes. We did see to employees and no one asked us why we were there or seemed to care...

My daughter was scared of POTC on our fist trip also, she was 5. On our way in a CM noticed she was scared and gave her a jewel to hold onto so it could protect her. After that she forgot what there was to be scared about. she still has the jewel. You gotta love Disney.

ds was 4 last time we went .. we had to hot foot out of "Tough to Be a Bug" but that was the only one. However, we didn't take him on any fast/scary rides. He LOVED Splash Mountain though.

This trip he will be 2 years older so it will be interesting to see what he will try this time.

my 4yo son went on potc 2x and then refused to go on for our following 2 trips, but this last trip he went on again and loved it!

He went on barnstormer but won't go on again. He said once was enough.

He's also been on speedway a few times but says he doesn't like it anymore.

He hasn't reached the height requirement for anything else yet, but I'm sure I'll be in for a few more battles to get him to try some rides I know he'll like.

Ds5 went on everything he was tall enough for last year - I refused to go on TOT, so he waited with me while dh went on. I told him that I will go on this next time if he goes on - so I am hoping against hope that he still won't ride it :rotfl:

My 9 year old would rather wait by herself (Not that we let her) than do "its tough to be a bug! I dont really blame her though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter