What smells remind you of WDW

Kings Island used bromine on the Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage, so I have great memories from many parks of that smell and can't just associate it with Pirates, Splash, etc.

I wanna say World of Motion had a unique smell to it, but that memory is faint. Horizons and the orange groves, definitely... I got a shot of that sensory-memory the first time I rode Soarin'.

For me, the smell of the cinnamon glazed almonds/pecans stands are so tightly tied into the feeling of being at the Magic Kingdom. There are a few things that make every trip feel "real," and the smell as I walk by those stands is definitely one of them.

Much like Mickey Bars, I've tried to find to duplicate that feeling outside of the park, but something about the way it smells in the park makes it unique.

Kings Island used bromine on the Smurfs' Enchanted Voyage, so I have great memories from many parks of that smell and can't just associate it with Pirates, Splash, etc.

Remember that ride fondly, even though I definitely preferred the Enchanted Voyage version of the ride that preceded it.

I wish they hadn't destroyed the Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal around 2000, it had a 45' drop (Splash is 49', but it seems smaller because you're surround by the Briar patch)... I get mad every time I ride the smaller, Wild Thornberry's or whatever Snoopy overlay it is now.

I wish they hadn't destroyed the Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal around 2000, it had a 45' drop (Splash is 49', but it seems smaller because you're surround by the Briar patch)... I get mad every time I ride the smaller, Wild Thornberry's or whatever Snoopy overlay it is now.

I haven't been in about 15 years or so. Planning on going later this summer. Actually went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole the other day reading about defunct KI rides. Brought back some good(and bad) memories.

OK folks, time to drive this thread into the ditch.

When leaving Epcot, I make a stop at the restroom near Spaceship Earth. The smell of the restroom in my local Target captures that scent memory.

The Diamondback is the smoothest, air-time-iest, most fun steel roller coaster I've been on. We're going after 4th of July weekend. Need to ride Mystic Timbers. I heard that was good and smooth for a wooden one. The Banshee pulled a high amount of g's, may not ride that one again.

I was picking out a candle to buy and one of them smelled like funnel cake from the Epcot stand which I think is in the American Pavilion. I miss Disney.

At Splash Mountain, I smell the faint smell of a mildewed towel, which brings me back to my childhood on the log ride at 6 flags. Also at Splash Mountain, I love the smell of fresh cut wood. I think I'll go out and cut down a tree to relive.

My favorite smell throughout the Walt Disney Resort is the inside of the Mexico pavilion. It is just such an iconic smell and it allows me to reminisce over my past trips since a young child.

oh man, sounds and smells of WDW… so many memories right there just beneath the surface. My 21-year-old daughter recently told me she can't remember much about the trip to WDW when she was five except the smells, every now and then she says she smells something - and bam it brings Disney back into her thoughts. I think it's the Wilderness Lodge for her, that's where we stayed on that visit.

For me I know I'm at Disney World when I smell Casey's Corner - it's not my favorite smell but it's a jolt to the system and every now and then I get a smell that brings a Casey hot dog to mind.

I love the sounds of Tomorrowland and Space Mountain - whenever I hear atmospheric space sounds I think Tomorrowland.

I wanted something I could take home for the stressful days. Loving a hot shower to unwind I thought about the large bottles of the H2O+ products that are provided. So now after a stressful day the smells of the products bring me back to the happy times as WDW.

We fell in love with the Swan Resort from first smell. White tea and aloe. Every time I use that lotion, I am in vacation mode. My daughter has another lotion that she says reminds her of Soarin'.

The smell of the soap. Oh my gosh it smells amazing. I went to Disney Springs and the WP's last week (no theme parks) and every time I put on the hand soap in the bathroom, it satisfies me. It made me feel like I was in the theme parks :) I also love the smell of the waffle cones by the plaza ice cream shop.:dog2::mickeybar and the smell of the blowing champagne in Mickey Philharmagic

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts