"What the heck, Italy?" - 7 days of DxDDP + bonus USO and DLR; 10/20 50sPT

Wow that sounds like a great vacation! I can’t wait to hear more. :wave:

Terri

It definitely was! We had such a great time. :)

Ugh I miss those tacos! I can’t wait to read more!

More is coming up shortly! :)

Butterbeer!!! :cloud9: You writing about it made we wonder when and how I can get myself back to USO for some butterbeer.

I'm always up for more Butterbeer - it was so good!!

sounds like you fit a lot in during your vacation. Love the reviews so far.

We definitely didn't have any down time, and I napped for like a week when we got home, lol.

Joining in! Looks like a great trip.

Welcome! :)

Can't wait to read more!

California Grill brunch is coming right up!

Joining in!

I see from your signature that your husband is from Moncton - I was born and raised in New Brunswick, about two hours from Moncton! I now live in Alberta, but, small world!

Oh, awesome! We never run into people that even know where NB is down here in the States, let alone anyone else from there, lol. He was born in Moncton, but he lived most of his time in NB in Bertrand. It really is a small world. :rotfl2:

California Grill Brunch
Saturday, we spent the day at Blizzard Beach, then mini-golfing, and then headed to ASMo for a night so we were on property for an early morning.

We rope-dropped Magic Kingdom and got a few rides in first before heading over to California Grill for brunch.

42462167010_b501feea45_z.jpg
44221552572_5325174b3a_z.jpg

They gave us mimosas right when we walked in and kept them filled constantly. They were pretty well mixed. I've gone to brunch places where they're super watered down, but I was definitely buzzing by the time we headed back to MK.

42462166710_04922f40ba_z.jpg

My first plate was a lot of stuff from the charcuterie board, and everything was super delicious! I often order cheese plates, so I was thrilled at just making my own.

42462166050_0a3b3131de_z.jpg

My second plate was all about the sushi, and it was pretty good! I loved it all. I also got the deviled eggs, which were alright. That muffin was super yummy, and I got a second one later. My absolute jam was the yogurt with the honey, though. It was so delicious. The fruit and salad were good, but nothing particularly special.

42462165330_89dc83ca8b_z.jpg

I'd had an eye on this french toast for a while before we got there. The sauce was pretty good, and I could've eaten an entire bowl of just the caramelized bananas, but I felt like the bread itself was pretty standard.

42462164790_8832a6fa86_z.jpg

Nic got the fried chicken. I'm not a big fried chicken eaten, but he really enjoyed it and debated ordering a second plate.

44221553282_4ab48ce5ba_z.jpg

Jacques got the steak. He normally liked things pretty well done, and this was more of a medium-rare (I don't even remember them asking), but he still ate it happily. He wasn't a huge fan of the potatoes, but I loved them.

42462163770_ff4bb998e9_z.jpg

Last up was the desert plate. We were so full by this point, but I made a point to at least try everything. The bark was good but disappointing compared to what I was expecting. The macarons were as good as I was hoping they would be. The truffles were surprisingly delicious. The rest was kind of meh in my opinion.

44269983551_a88a2411f3_z.jpg

When we were done, we went and looked around on the balcony. It's super cool up there, and I'd love to make my way back up for the fireworks some time.

Ratings
Food
- 10/10
Even though every single thing didn't wow me or blow me away, nothing was bad, and so much was delicious.

Service - 8/10
Our server was attentive and kept our drinks well filled throughout the meal. Getting the check was pretty slow at the end and he forgot to put in one of our food orders, but he was very nice and we were happy.

Atmosphere - 9/10
Our table wasn't the best. We were tucked away by the bar right next to the server's stand. However, it's hard to complain that much when you're up there. I just wished we'd have had a little bit of a view of the park from our seats, but obviously only so many people can get those tables.

Overall Experience - 10/10
Despite a few minor complaints, everything was so great that I can't help but give it a 10. We're going back this upcoming trip for dinner and I'm so excited to try that as well.

Total Cost - $208 + tax and tip, or our first two DxDDP credits in this case

LOVED Cali Grill brunch. I agree though - by time the desserts get to you, you're too full! The truffles are interesting, and I love macarons, but everything else was meh for me too.

I so want to do the CA Grill brunch, it looks amazing! Glad you enjoyed it. And having a mimosa buzz in MK sounds delightful :-)

LOVED Cali Grill brunch. I agree though - by time the desserts get to you, you're too full! The truffles are interesting, and I love macarons, but everything else was meh for me too.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that felt that way! I'm usually a sweet-tooth, too. Rarely do I not eat all of the dessert.

Following along and enjoying your report. Looking forward to more.

Welcome! :) Via Napoli coming up as soon as I finish typing it!

I so want to do the CA Grill brunch, it looks amazing! Glad you enjoyed it. And having a mimosa buzz in MK sounds delightful :-)

It was really great and I'd love to do it again! I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone. Mimosa buzzes are always good, but especially in MK, lol.

Via Napoli

We spent our day in the Magic Kingdom, where we grabbed two snacks from one of the popcorn carts by Little Mermaid in the afternoon before our late reservation at Via Napoli.

Nic and I split a Mickey bar, which came broken (hence the pouty face), while Jacques had a frozen lemonade.

44269987481_afcfc6875f_z.jpg

44269986921_9a028bf630_z.jpg

The lemonade was very standard frozen lemonade fare and the Mickey bar was just as delicious as an unbroken one.

We got to Via Napoli 15 minutes early for our 7:00 ADR and waited for 45 minutes for them to seat us. It was by far the longest wait of our trip to get a table.

Once we sat down, our server was in absolutely no hurry to do anything. I'm not a big fan of being rushed through my meal, but we were pretty hungry, so I was hoping to get our order for appetizers in quickly.

He came over like five minutes after we were seated, and I tried to order our apps at the same time as the drinks, but he just walked away while I was in the middle of trying to order. We were pretty confused by that, but whatever.

He brought our waters and I tried to order again, but he just wandered off again. It was the weirdest thing.

It was probably ten more minutes before he brought our drinks, and by that point, I was really antsy to order and getting annoyed. Then he says "Are you guys finally ready to order?" and I wanted to scream.

Instead, as politely as possible, I put in our appetizers, but by this point, I also really just wanted to get our entrees put in too, so I ordered my entree at the same time. He said he'd come back for entree orders, but I insisted on them being put in because I didn't want to risk his strange disappearances again.

43552601494_e266b8a6e3_z.jpg

30403033898_2fe31a55fb_z.jpg

We finally got our appetizers at 8:45, two hours after arriving at the restaurant. This was the salad and bread they served with the appetizers. They were both good, but nothing out of this world.

44221579702_ec8a7c3847_z.jpg

Fritto di Verdura
crisp fried vegetables, marinara piccante
$8.00

This was Jacques' pick, and he really enjoyed it. The batter wasn't as heavy as some places have, and we'd definitely order it again.

44221577242_f15575b00c_z.jpg

Prosciutto e Melone
prosciutto di parma, canteloupe
$10.00

Nic and I decided to split two apps. First, this prosciutto and canteloupe. This is something I absolutely love, but it's kind of hard to mess up as long as your ingredients are good quality. They were, and this was delicious. I love the salty meat and sweet fruit combination.

30403030908_4f16c2dee9_z.jpg

Arancini
fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragù
$13.00

These were one of the big reasons I wanted to come, and they didn't disappoint. They were pretty filling, but even Jacques had some and we all cleaned the plate easily.

We finished eating and waited a while for our server to bring the entrees. Jacques was pretty exhausted, so we asked to put our desserts in as soon as possible. The restaurant was clearing out and we had already missed Illuminations at that point. We'd hoped a 7pm ADR would get us out in time to watch it, but apparently not, since our food finally got there at 9:10. We also hadn't managed to get a single drink refill.

44221576232_e7d86fc39b_z.jpg

Spaghetti e Polpettine
hand-crafted veal meatballs and tomato sauce
$21.00

Jacques loves meatballs, so this was his choice. He declared it "alright" with a shrug. The portion size was pretty big and he didn't even come close to finishing it. I didn't try any though.

30403030168_0b8a60c864_z.jpg

Lasagne Napoletana
beef, veal, and pork ragù, fresh egg pasta, bechamel, baked in our signature wood-fired ovens
$27.00

This was Nic's choice, and I did have a small bite. It was pretty good, but Nic said he'd order something different next time because it wasn't good enough to warrant a second time.

44221575062_fc026791ec_z.jpg

Margherita 10" Individual
tomato sauce, mozzarella, basil
$18.00

I just went with a standard fare Margherita pizza because I love it other places. It was a lot soggier than I was expecting, but I still devoured it. I'm a deep dish girl, so any thin crust is technically against my background, but it was still okay. I'd definitely try it again to see if maybe I just got a weirdly cooked one, though.

So, our entrees were dropped off at 9:10 and I put our dessert order in then. I asked for them to bring out the desserts and the check as soon as they were ready, even if we were still eating our entrees, because we just wanted to get out of there and get to sleep since we were rope dropping the next morning.

We didn't get our desserts until 9:55 and that was only because I went up to the front and asked to speak to a manager because we literally never saw our server again after he dropped off the entrees.

No refills ever during the meal, no checking in, nothing. We didn't even see him around the restaurant after that. I didn't even want the desserts by that point, I just wanted to leave the restaurant.

30403029298_41d49d2675_z.jpg

Coppetta di Gelato
chocolate or vanilla Italian sundae
$5.00

Jacques just wanted some ice cream, so he got this off the kids' menu. It was pretty standard, nothing special, but he only ate a few bites because he was falling asleep in my lap.

44221574202_a465bb1056_z.jpg

Gelati e Sorbetto
vanilla, chocolate, pistachio gelato; lemon sorbet
$10.00

Nic got the chocolate gelato, because he loves it, and this didn't disappoint him at all.

30403028648_49472c3614_z.jpg

Gelato Frizzante
ice cream soda “Italian-style” made with San Pellegrino aranciata and vanilla gelato
$11.00
Despite my utter annoyance at everything going on and my insistence to Nic that I didn't even want dessert, I still drank about half of this when it was delivered and it was really good. I used to get something similar at a restaurant we went to often when I was a kid.

Finally, we got out of the restaurant just after 10. It was so late that I got an unexpected experience: we had to wait at the drawbridge for the Illuminations barges to go back. I'd never been in Epcot that late before, so it was a first for me.

Ratings
Food
- 8/10
My pizza was soggy and some things were just alright, but I'd certainly come back in the future for the food.

Service - 1/10
I will give him one point for actually bringing our stuff out, but that's it. He was one of the worst servers I've ever had, and I was having flashbacks to the awfulness that was our meal at Citrico's on our honeymoon (read our dining report for that if you enjoy awful server stories). I was so upset by the end of the night that I cried on the walk to the bus because it was so frustrating.

Atmosphere - 6/10
The restaurant itself was nice but it didn't blow me away. We were seated pretty close to other tables, which is definitely expected but not necessarily appreciated. It just kind of felt like any good Italian restaurant anywhere, instead of the Disney magic I've come to expect.

Overall Experience - 3/10
Obviously, things did not play out how I'd hoped, but the bottom line is: would I come back? Absolutely. Service like this isn't the norm in my experience at Disney (or anywhere, honestly), and I don't want to let it sour me on the restaurant as a whole. However, I'd definitely put anywhere I haven't been in Epcot higher on the list because there are good options for places to eat at that I haven't tried.

Total Cost - $132 + tax and tip

I hate doing reviews that aren't super happy, but this one obviously had to happen. There's really only one other experience that we had that wasn't great this trip, but it wasn't nearly this bad. The rest were somewhere between good and amazing.

Next up is Sci-Fi, which is exciting for me, because that's the first place we're eating at when we get to Disney... IN 4 DAYS!! We're there for a week on the DxDDP again and doing Food and Wine, but this time we'll be with my family, which means double the meals, plus my mom and step-dad have a special diet and my step-brother is a picky eater, so it'll be more adventurous. That dining report will follow this one, but I'll be sure to lead everyone over there when the time comes.

What a nightmare! I'm not sure I'd want to go back after that experience. I've tried Tutto Italia twice with similar poor service. I had considered trying Via Napoli, but now I think I'll just try a slice of pizza at the pizza window.

Ugh, sorry about your experience at Via Napoli. 3 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to spend at a restaurant, Disney or not. We had a similar experience with Chefs de France a few years ago. The arancini at Via Napoli is pretty amazing, but waiting nearly 2 hours for it is terrible. Did the manager apologize or say anything?

THREE HOURS???? Are you kidding me?? I would be fit to be tied let me tell you. I would actually write an email to complain. That's awful.

Joining in! Your meal at California Brunch looks amazing! I love that place I can't wait to go back. My favorite there is the deviled eggs, they are just so creamy and good. Your experience at Via Napoli sounds like a nightmare. I had a similar experience with long waits and not so great food, but yours sounded absolutely awful. I probably would have left when they had a wait of 45 minutes that is just way too long. The waiters there do seem to disappear a lot. Hopefully the rest of your meals were great!

I’ve been to Via Napoli once, and it was the worst service I’d ever received in a restaurant. We haven’t been back since, and don’t plan on it. I can get similar pizza that’s just as good in the city I live, so I don’t feel the need to go back to Via Napoli.

I can’t believe how long your meal there took! That’s insane, and you guys should have received a nice discount on the check.

What a nightmare! I'm not sure I'd want to go back after that experience. I've tried Tutto Italia twice with similar poor service. I had considered trying Via Napoli, but now I think I'll just try a slice of pizza at the pizza window.

We'll definitely be eating at any other place we haven't been first before trying again. We were considering Tutto next trip, but maybe we'll think twice on that, too.

Ugh, sorry about your experience at Via Napoli. 3 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to spend at a restaurant, Disney or not. We had a similar experience with Chefs de France a few years ago. The arancini at Via Napoli is pretty amazing, but waiting nearly 2 hours for it is terrible. Did the manager apologize or say anything?

We ate at Chefs on this trip, but had a good experience. Unfortunately, not really. They just kind of shrugged. It was very un-Disney.

THREE HOURS???? Are you kidding me?? I would be fit to be tied let me tell you. I would actually write an email to complain. That's awful.

I always send in compliments about people we love at the end of every trip, because people always complain but almost never compliment employees by name, but I definitely included a complaint in that one with all my compliments.

Joining in! Your meal at California Brunch looks amazing! I love that place I can't wait to go back. My favorite there is the deviled eggs, they are just so creamy and good. Your experience at Via Napoli sounds like a nightmare. I had a similar experience with long waits and not so great food, but yours sounded absolutely awful. I probably would have left when they had a wait of 45 minutes that is just way too long. The waiters there do seem to disappear a lot. Hopefully the rest of your meals were great!

It was so great, and we already put it on our schedule for our trip next summer. I can't wait to go back.

We were considering leaving and almost did, but they finally sat us right when we were seriously discussing it. Should've decided earlier, I guess, lol. It was definitely our one really bad meal of the trip, with the rest being amazing or at least decent.

I’ve been to Via Napoli once, and it was the worst service I’d ever received in a restaurant. We haven’t been back since, and don’t plan on it. I can get similar pizza that’s just as good in the city I live, so I don’t feel the need to go back to Via Napoli.

I can’t believe how long your meal there took! That’s insane, and you guys should have received a nice discount on the check.

It's nice to hear it wasn't just us that had bad service, but it's crazy that Disney isn't fixing it.

Since we were on the dining plan, we unfortunately didn't get anything from it, and not even a good apology or anything.

We just got back and recovered from our trip, so sorry for a lack of updates. I'm going to finish this dining report, then I'll get started on that one, which was six of us on the deluxe dining plan. We had an amazing time and booked a bounceback for next summer as a 10th anniversary trip for DH and I.

Snacks

At Epcot, we stopped by the bakery in France for a couple of snacks, knowing we'd eat them the next morning for breakfast. Jacques wasn't thrilled by anything there, but instead got a cronut from Refreshment Port.

44221578612_cfecf92c37_z.jpg

Croissant Doughnut
Tossed in Cinnamon Sugar
$5.79

I didn't actually get to try any of this, but DS loved it. It also turned into a long-running joke in our family, because DH threw away the receipt and I was worried I'd forget about it when doing the dining report. DS jokingly said he'd never forget and DH said he'd forget within a week. It's been over a year and we had to make a rule in the house that DS couldn't bring it up anymore because he was using it constantly. DH would scold him for something like forgetting to brush his teeth or bring his dishes to the sink, and he'd respond that at least he didn't forget about the cronut receipt, and other similar responses.

30403032528_907f0a1d47_z.jpg

Croissant Jambon Fromage
Ham, Cheese and Béchamel in a Croissant
$4.75

This was DH's but I had a bite and it was pretty good, but it would've been even better warmed up.

44221578052_d65a8ea79b_z.jpg

Frangipane
Almond filling between Puff Pastry
$3.70

I absolutely love almond paste and any form it can take, so this was a big winner in my book.

Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant

We'd previously scheduled a meal at Sci-Fi on our honeymoon, but we ended up feeling really sick because of the heat that day, so we cancelled, went back to the Poly to nap, and then grabbed a dinner at The Wave instead. This trip, we said we had to finally go to try it.

I love the atmosphere, so I was pretty happy we did it right away when we got inside.

30403038918_7220c60ed8_z.jpg

Milk Shakes
Sci-Fi Specialty Shake, Oreo Cookie, Chocolate, or Vanilla
$7.00

Jacques ordered an Oreo milkshake to start with as a drink, while we got diet cokes. It was delicious, because how could it not be? It's milk and sugar and ice cream and cookies.

43552606644_566fb75c44_z.jpg

Fried Dill Pickles
served with Horseradish Dipping Sauce
$9.00

I went with fried pickles for an app. The sauce was good, but the pickles themselves were just alright. They were better when I had them again this past trip, though.

43552606344_18c1f55056_z.jpg

Onion Rings
with Sweet Chili and Horseradish Dipping Sauce
$8.50

Nic got onion rings, and I loved how they were served. I'm all for some silly stuff like this, as long as it doesn't get so crazy that it's difficult to eat. The onion rings were some of the best I've had at Disney and they were freshly fried, but still nothing too amazing to write home about.

30403037248_ae366d0718_z.jpg

Chicken Noodle Soup
$3.00

Jacques got an order of chicken noodle soup as his appetizer, which is crazy in hindsight since on our return trip a few weeks ago, he ordered the shrimp and crab fondue, which is like total opposite end of the app spectrum at Sci-Fi. It was mediocre, but he was craving it and he loved it.

43364195865_089fd214d3_z.jpg

Macaroni & Cheese
$8.25

Despite barely being able to tell from this super dark photo, this is in fact the mac 'n' cheese, which Jacques got for his entree. The lighting in there is not a fun time for photos, but I brought a portable ring light with me this past trip for times like that. Like the soup, it was mediocre, but it made him happy.

43552607964_cc1ae31e2b_z.jpg

House-smoked St. Louis-style Pork Ribs
Cola-Barbecue Sauce served with Baked Beans and Coleslaw
$24.00

Nic got ribs, which was a weird choice for him, since he doesn't normally like ribs, but the server was really upselling them and he went with it, then was disappointed. They were gone off the menu when we went back, and I can't say I'm really surprised. They weren't bad, just not particularly good. It felt like Applebees quality.

43364195325_ec03c45bd9_z.jpg

Chili Lime Salmon Fajita Salad
Mixed Greens tossed with Roasted Corn, Peppers, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette topped with crispy Tortilla Chips and House-made Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
$16.50

I kept fighting Nic off from eating some of this because it was really good. I really enjoyed it and the dressing was great. My only complaint was the cheese, which wasn't awful, but just didn't add as much to the salad as I want from cheese. I was hoping to get it again on this past trip, but it's gone from the menu, too.

43552607244_0453105b51_z.jpg

House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar
Cookies and Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sauce
$9.00

For dessert, Nic went with the candy bar, which was alright. It felt kind of mediocre, like a lot of the other food here.

30403037598_5afab57d8b_z.jpg

Out-Of-This-World Turtle Cheesecake
with Heath Bar, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, Caramel Sauce, and topped with Whipped Cream
$7.50

I went with the cheesecake because I'm incapable of saying no to Heath bar anything. It was delicious, and as with my entree, I was fighting Nic off from eating it. I was disappointed to see it wasn't still on the menu this year.

I didn't get a picture, but Jacques just had a hot fudge sundae ($8), which was as mediocre as the rest of his food, mostly because it's just ice cream and hot fudge.

Ratings
Food
- 6/10
I felt like there was a lot of mediocrity here. Nothing awful, but nothing that made me want to come back for the food.

Service - 10/10
Our server (Brittany W. according to my receipt) was absolutely fabulous. She had fun with Jacques, she kept our drinks refilled, she was a sweetheart, and we have nothing bad to say at all.

Atmosphere - 10/10
This place can get away with mediocrity in their food because of the atmosphere, for sure. Despite it being pretty obvious you were in a big dark room, it still felt magical. It's actually why we went back this past trip, because I knew my family would appreciate it.

Overall Experience - 8/10
Sure, the food wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't awful, and we had a great time. That being said, I don't think we'll return anytime soon after going back this past trip, just because there are so many other places to try and I didn't feel the urge to go back after having done it.

Total Cost Before DxDDP - $126.93 + tax and tip

Love the pictures for Sci-Fi. I went once almost a decade ago with a friend and found the place really cool, but wasn't a huge fan of the food. I'm bringing my Fiance there on our wedding trip, he's never been and loves burgers so I think he'll enjoy the place. I noticed they changed a lot on the menu so I'm hoping I can find something I'll enjoy. Their milkshakes were pretty awesome though.

Love the pictures for Sci-Fi. I went once almost a decade ago with a friend and found the place really cool, but wasn't a huge fan of the food. I'm bringing my Fiance there on our wedding trip, he's never been and loves burgers so I think he'll enjoy the place. I noticed they changed a lot on the menu so I'm hoping I can find something I'll enjoy. Their milkshakes were pretty awesome though.

Their burgers are definitely great. If he loves them, he should have a good time! :)

Following along. Love Brunch at CG. The sushi was fantastic

It is so good! I love their sushi!

50s Prime Time Cafe

We picked up a few snacks that afternoon. The boys got cookies.

29333862887_1306c20e74_z.jpg

I got a carrot cake cookie. It was delicious and I'm so disappointed that they changed them.

30403046028_ba75383e68_z.jpg

We ended up checking into our reservations super early, because we were at the Indy show and there was lightning, so they called it early. Luckily, they seated us pretty quick.

30403047468_c7f80e527b_z.jpg

Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake
$7.00

I obviously had to go with the peanut butter & jelly milk shake, because it's delicious. I was not disappointed this time around either.

29333863597_ef88509e5f_z.jpg

Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese
served with Raspberry Sauce, Grapes, and Apples
$9.00

For an app, I went with the fried herb and garlic cheese, which I'd been eyeing for a while on the menu. I'm always a fan of fruit and cheese. This was pretty delicious and I joked that I wanted to order it again for my entree, too.

30403046628_214772901c_z.jpg

Grandpa's Crab Cake
Lump Crab Cake served on Succotash Salad with Bacon and Chili Sauce
$12.00

Nic got the crab cake, which he enjoyed. The salad was pretty good.

30403045668_b5aefef527_z.jpg

Vegetable Platter
$3.00

I was so proud of J for picking this because he said he wanted something healthy, despite me telling him he could have whatever he wanted. He's got more self-control than I do. :rotfl: It was pretty basic but great.

29333861537_0244e9bb4c_z.jpg

Aunt Betty's Chicken Tenders
with French Fries and Corn.
$7.25

Jacques went for the chicken tenders. The fries were a little soggy, but he devoured the corn and chicken.

30403043928_e73632ab36_z.jpg

Sustainable Verlasso Salmon
A Seasonal Alternative with all the Fixings
$25.00
Nic went for salmon, which was alright. It wasn't particularly bad, but it also wasn't particularly a stand-out.

29333860657_ab4527483b_z.jpg

50's Prime Time Café Blue Plate Special
A healthy Seasonal Alternative with all the fixings
$33.50
This was ribs, potatoes, and jalapeno corn bread. There was something else under the ribs, but I don't remember what. I also added the fried chicken because it was included on the dining plan, so why not?

The corn bread was the best thing on the plate, and the potatoes were good. The ribs and chicken were a little disappointing, though. It was also a lot of food, and I didn't even come close to finishing it.

30403043418_22d9a5d352_z.jpg

Ice Cream Sundae
$1.00

Jacques kept it simple with a basic ice cream sundae, which was pretty much as expected.

29333860337_b585424428_z.jpg

Cheesecake
topped with fresh Whipped Cream and Strawberry Sauce
$6.00

Nic got the cheesecake, which was alright, but not good enough for them to have left it plain. I'm cool with a basic cheesecake, but it should be really amazing if that's the case. This needed something to elevate it more than the strawberry sauce.

30403043108_8bc60a9e4f_z.jpg

Traditional Warm Apple Crisp À la Mode
$8.00

This sounded so good, and it was. I was so full and I couldn't finish it, but I still kept eating for far longer than I should've.

Ratings
Food
- 7/10
The food here was pretty good for the most part, but there was some places that I would've changed things.

Service - 10/10
Our server (James D.) was so much fun. He played the part up without getting ridiculous and we had such an enjoyable time with him, plus he gave us great service.

Atmosphere - 8/10
The restaurant's decor is fun, and it certainly feels like family dinner with how loud, chaotic, and cramped it is in there. It's true to the idea, but it gets to be a little much sometimes with how noisy it is.

Overall Experience - 8/10
We had an enjoyable time, but I don't think we'll be back anytime soon. We went on three consecutive trips, and we had a surprisingly great time at Mama Melrose this past trip, so I think we'll hit that again before a fourth time at 50s.

Total Cost Before DxDDP - $123.54 + tax and tip

I have to say 50s Prime Time has never interested me. I don't like the sound of the food or the antics to be truthful. I will stick to Brown Derby for my HS meal or leave the park for a bit. I wish they had more to choose from, but....

50s has always struck me as tv dinner type food. The apps look good but the entrees just look eh. We usually leave and hop to Epcot and eat at VN. This trip I'm going to give HBD lounge a try.

Loving your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!