What time to arrive at Phila. International Airport for security check?

wdwfan

My heart belongs to Disney!
Our flight with AirTran is due to take off at 3:55 pm. Does anyone who has flown out of Philadelphia know how many hours ahead of your flight departure you should arrive? Thanks in advance.:D

I would check the airtran site, they should give some guidelines for each airport they fly from.

The security lines at the airports have gotten better but I would still allow at least 1 1/2 hours for everything at the airport. I would rather be sitting at the gate waiting than trying to get through security. You never know what might happen to slow things down.

We recently flew AirTran out of Philly to Chicago, got to the airport two hours ahead of time, waited 20 minutes for the Economy Parking bus (this was unusual for us), and had about 35 minutes to spare. We used the e-ticket machine, and that saved some time; although we still had to get in a line to check the luggage. The lines were short - it was waiting for the parking bus that took time. My son flies AirTran to Chicago a lot and gives himself less than an hour (he usually just has a carryon), but I wouldn't suggest that. It also depends on the departure time. Mornings seem to be more crowded, especially US Airways. I'd probably go with the two hours just to play it safe. I don't know how you're getting to the airport, but the Blue Route and 95 always seem to have delays. Hope this helps. Joanne

Thanks Joanne!:D We leave late in the afternoon. I'm going to play it safe and leave my house in South Jersey at 1:00 pm. That should give us plenty of time. Thanks again.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter