What to do before 4:30 flight?

Tam1067

LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly
We're spending six nights in Orange County--three at the DL Hotel and the next three in Newport Beach.

Our flight home leaves LAX at 4:30. We will need to drop off a rental car. We will be leaving from Newport Beach which I realize is quite a drive.

My question--does anyone have ideas about what we could reasonably stop and see between about 9:00 a.m. (we can get up early if necessary) and when we need to get to the airport?

I'd like as stressfree as possible and on the way between Newport Beach and LAX. Thanks!

Long Beach Aquarium is a good place for a few hours. The Queen Mary is right there as well.
I've never flown into LAX but I think it's pretty close to LB.
Newport Beach isn't that far, is it? I've drove thru there before but really can't remember how far it is. I do remember all the really nice and expensive cars along that stretch. I was driving my brand new Escape and felt really poor along side the Rolls and Porsches.

The Long Beach aquarium is a great idea.

On what day of the week are you flying out? The 405 N on a workday can get really heavy in the morning and afternoon. There is a carpool lane for most of the way. But even during weekeday traffic hours, that even that gets busy. Weekends are not too much of a problem, but all it takes is one accident out here. Hint: carpool lanes on weekends are NOT the fastest lane.

On the weekend, the OC Swap Meet is another suggestion (not far from Newport Beach) and it's also the location for the OC Fair (July 13th - Aug 12th). The OC Swap Meet closes during the fair and also on an occasional weekend (check the calendar on their website).

My suggestion would be hang at the pool/beach in the morning then head to LAX if you are looking for stress free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter