What to do for January resort booking?

Princess Merida

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are going on a trip end of January with my daughter's dance team. We have to stay with them the first 3 nights, but we're adding two at the end as it will be my other daughter's birthday and what better way to have a birthday than at Disney World!!! We are a little late booking this time as plans were not set so not a lot available for studios. I am also low on points. I have 27 I can use. Our home resort is BWV and I put in a waitlist for a standard studio, 20 points, but not sure that will come through. SSR is available at 22 points or 26 for preferred. AKV Savannah is open for 28 so I would have to purchase a point which is no big deal but we are staying there in September and don't prefer to stay back to back. Maybe I should consider since we haven't stayed Savannah view??? So mad I didn't call and purchase 3 points yesterday as there was a BCV studio open but needed 3 points and by the time I decided yes member services was closed and it's gone today. Only other thing open is BWV pool view and I would have to purchase 3 points for that as well. Not sure what to do... purchase points and stay BWV pool view.... keep waitlist for std and wait it out but book SSR before it books up if waitlist doesn't come through (not sure when this happens never stayed there).... How is SSR? We are 2 adults 2DD 10&5. We do have a breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, but it's not too early so not a huge deal if we don't stay at BWV. Sorry for so many questions and thanks for any help!!!

I would just buy 3 OTU points ASAP for the BWV Pool/Garden. I wouldn't count on that waitlist.

$45 is worth the peace of mind to have pool view booked and done IMO. The other option is if you've never stayed at Jambo or Kidani, you can try the one you haven't stayed at.

Keep the WL for standard view, it's difficult but you never know, you might save 5 points for next year.

And when you can, stay out at AKL. It's a unique experience -- oh just saw you're doing that in Sept. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter