What to do on arrival and departure day!?!?

Always fly out of a major airport.
Always fly out as early in the day as possible.

As someone who flies a lot, the earlier in the day means that any delays/cancellations gives you more options to fly later in the day. I always suggest flying somewhere between 6am and 8am. Then, use only a major airport so that in case there is an issue there are more airlines/flights that you can take advantage of to get to MCO. Regional airports may only have 1-2 flights available that day and if one is full and one is cancelled... that will suck.

First off, we have no direct flights from the airport we use. And that stinks. But between the flights for business and for vacation that I've taken to MCO, we've had mechanical problems, weather, even had a lady who caused the phone plane to deboard because she was upset she'd be missing her connecting flight to South America (seriously, we all had to deboard because she started threatening the crew. I was happy to see airport security waiting in the lobby). Since I fly from the West Coast, I'd rather not spend the price of a full day ticket for only a few hours. It's nicer to unpack and unwind.
I agree, coming from the West Coast is a bit tougher for justifying going into the parks. We are in NJ so it is the same time zone and only a little more than a 2.5 hour flight. Since we get in so early, we still go into a park at some point.

We usually arrive in the evening. I take the kids to the airport after school and we fly from nj.

We don’t go to the park that evening but we watch the fireworks from our room at the Contemporary and then go to California grill to eat. Before the fireworks start, we go down to the contempo cafe and get drinks and snacks to have on the balcony.

First full day is usually MK in the morning and then Epcot but we may go to rope drop HS 1st this year to see SWGE and go on some rides since most everything is tier 1 now.

Last day we spend at the MK since we stay at the contemporary and it’s close. I get 3 fast passes for our faves, we ride some others and then have a big lunch before going to the airport. Usually lunch is either at chef mickeys or liberty tavern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter