What to do, what to do...

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
I booked the last weekend of April 2020 at VGF. It is a normal weekend for me to go as I like the whole Dapper Day thing. I have had luck switching to Beach Club on this weekend.
This year, DD was announced late. Its the next weekend.
There is limited availability that weekend. Basically Poly Bungalow View and BLT. Not thrilled about the point cost of PVB Bungalow view. BLT has never really been an interest (its actually the only WDW DVC resort I have not stayed at).

I could switch to the next weekend (and even pay cash at Beach Club - not totally opposed to that) - It does get me my Dapper day, but I am worried about the May 4th - crowds etc.

I could also switch to PVB (Love the poly, not in love with the points needed) - downfall here is I am not short points for my trip the week after labor day week. I could do a split stay and pay cash for beach club then, F&W.\

Think there is likely to be a difference in regular hotel room cost and availability at Beach club between the 2 stays such that it would be a lot better to pay cash for one as opposed to the other (I cant see F&W being discounted much, but I do not really know).

Am I missing other factors about the May 2 - May 5th trip such as marathons, etc?

TIA

Flower and Garden in May. Agree much smaller crowds in September though, which may play a factor in less expensive rooms at that time, also there is usually the "Free Dining" at that time of year if that was of any interest.... Just a thought

Unless Dapper Day is at DHS, I wouldn't worry about the SW crowds.

I do go to all the parks, so general crowds is on my radar. Guess the real question is the better time to pay cash (probably at BC) 4 days in early may or 4 in mid september.

Could do Poly in early may (waitlist BC - just dont like the poly lakeview points and thats all there is) then split sept betwen VGF and BC(Cash)

Maybe you should give BLT a try, you might be pleasantly surprised. It's very convenient with the monorail running through it and you can walk to MK. Since you have stayed at all the other resorts maybe you should try it so you have first hand experience and will know for future trips whether it should be considered. Just a suggestion.

I am all for putting off the amount of cash I have to spend. Since you are booking for May now, you would be eligible for some OTU points..up to 24..

Would that help with the point shortage? But, if not, I would probably do cash in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter