What to do when you travel with friends?

Just go off on your own, simple fix.

This. When I've traveled with a friend (granted it was only one), we went in with the understanding that we did not have to do things together. It was a little easier dining-wise since it was a cruise...but even then we agreed that we'd for sure do dinner together, but were not obligated to do breakfast or lunch together, and we even made an exception to dinner on our late night in a port as we each did different excursions. But we had that talk long before booking the trip together.

This is why I don’t do Disney with other people. I like to do it my way and since I only go every 3 years or so I’m not willing to budge on that. If I were to go at the same time as another person or family I would simply give them my plans and tell them they can plan the same stuff or not. I wouldn’t be offended either wat.

I have a great group of friends that we vacation with yearly, sometimes twice a year as a family and then separate girls and guys trips. We do great together and have never had an issue. BUT Disney is where I draw the line.

This. When I've traveled with a friend (granted it was only one), we went in with the understanding that we did not have to do things together. It was a little easier dining-wise since it was a cruise...but even then we agreed that we'd for sure do dinner together, but were not obligated to do breakfast or lunch together, and we even made an exception to dinner on our late night in a port as we each did different excursions. But we had that talk long before booking the trip together.

Exactly. We are all adults, no need to be tethered together. I typically travel with 3 of my friends and before we go anywhere I make it explicitly known that I'm going to do XY&Z. If you dont want to par take in XY and/or Z then so be it, I'll see you after or back at the room.

Sorry to hear! We're going to Disney with another family and this is our first time traveling anywhere with friends. I am a planner and they are Disney lovers but have never planned like I do. I just booked all of our FP the other day and they were super appreciative and told me they were glad I'm going with them because they never would have been able to get all of the FP we did and know what order to do them in, etc. We split some because my kids don't do big coasters. I just asked them before I booked what they wanted. Mine won't eat at some of the restaurants they want, so we're just not eating together. I hope your friends can either go with the flow or are ok going separate ways. Enjoy yourself!

My friends are the same way with rope drop. I told them ahead of time they can sleep in however long they want, but I wouldn’t. The first couple days they joined me, but the last few I was on my own while they slept. The compromise worked: they saw and understood why I got up so early but I didn’t mind when they slept in, either.

I've been traveling with 2 friends for over 20 years. Most of the time we are on the same page but we always had the rule that if you want to do something different, feel free to do it, no questions asked. And don't discuss politics.

I don't travel to Disney with friends anymore. They never cooperate. When they say "let's all go" I always say that we stay on site, we ADR, we FP and it's going to be 10k (which is a high estimate, not a lie). After researching Disney hotels, Disney restaurants and park hopper tickets they go to Vegas and we go to Disney.

Currently on the final day of a WDW trip with one of my best friends. When planning, I basically did everything but I knew her well enough on what to do. For example, I know she HATES tower of terror , and is terrified of coasters that go upside down. So I didn’t even book fastpasses for RnR or Tower of Terror.

I also know she is a big Star Wars fan so I knew getting a boarding group for the new ride would be a priority.

I think this trip also worked out well because she’s come to DL with me so she knew I understood how to do Disney. So she was ok with me taking the reigns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!