What to pack carry for nov New York merry time cruise

arbmac01

Earning My Ears
hello

We are booked for 2018 Merrytime cruise dept New York, 7 nights, leaving Nov 16th.

I am wondering if someone else who has sailed on this departure has suggestions for what to carry on with us when boarding. I have seen lots of o
Lists, but they are for warm departure ports (Miami, Port Canaveral, etc)

I am from Canada so not worried if it is cool - but not really sure if bathing suits are warrented?

Any suggestions from others who have sailed this (or New Yorkers who are familiar with weather and temps) would be appreciated

Cheers!

What is the itinerary for your cruise? We sailed in late Sept/Oct this past fall and it was unusually warm as we were literally roasting during muster. When we went to Bar Harbor Maine it was chilly but my kids still wanted to swim so I wore my leggings and sweatshirt while they played in the pool, the area was very heated. I would say bring a variety of options depending on your itinerary. Leggings that are compact to pack are convenient, a lot of LulaRoe Disney leggings fans were on our fall cruise.
22089395_1442590555789088_1342781603895678493_n.jpg

I would dressy comfy and in layers. NYC weather could be 70 degrees or 40 degrees. It gets crazy in the fall. I know I live just about 30miles from the city.

Bathing suit is always handy if you would like a little hot tub time before sai away.

We will be sailing out of NYC for the 3rd time this October. We were on a Canada sailing last year and to be honest I don’t remember the weather.

Okay I just looked it up and looked at my photos. Around 60-65 degrees. People were in short sleeves on deck.

But who knows what we could get this fall. Happy cruising

What is the itinerary for your cruise? We sailed in late Sept/Oct this past fall and it was unusually warm as we were literally roasting during muster. When we went to Bar Harbor Maine it was chilly but my kids still wanted to swim so I wore my leggings and sweatshirt while they played in the pool, the area was very heated. I would say bring a variety of options depending on your itinerary. Leggings that are compact to pack are convenient, a lot of LulaRoe Disney leggings fans were on our fall cruise.
22089395_1442590555789088_1342781603895678493_n.jpg
Our route : We are leaving NY to Castaway Cay then a day to Port Canaveral to Disney and back to New York

Last year the cruise over Thanksgiving (which I think is the one you are on) we sailed away in the freezing rain. The sail away party was moved to the atrium. So there was no one swimming that day.

Like someone else said, it could be 70, it could be 30. You're going to have to wait until it gets closer to make a final decision.

But pools are heated. Personally, with 4 sea days, I probably wouldn't worry too much about taking my bathing suit in my carry on, but swimming isn't really my thing either (On 3 cruises I've been in a hot tub once, pool never).

Last year the cruise over Thanksgiving (which I think is the one you are on) we sailed away in the freezing rain. The sail away party was moved to the atrium. So there was no one swimming that day.

Like someone else said, it could be 70, it could be 30. You're going to have to wait until it gets closer to make a final decision.

But pools are heated. Personally, with 4 sea days, I probably wouldn't worry too much about taking my bathing suit in my carry on, but swimming isn't really my thing either (On 3 cruises I've been in a hot tub once, pool never).

Thanks for the advice, very helpful- that is the one I’m on

We have sailed out of NYC a few times in the Fall. Last October 14th we sailed on the same itinerary as you. Sailaway was very warm. As you can see people are in short sleeves. But, October could also be really cold. November is probably going to be more chilly than October. Bring layers.

MJ

DSCN4884.JPG

MJ

We have sailed out of NYC a few times in the Fall. Last October 14th we sailed on the same itinerary as you. Sailaway was very warm. As you can see people are in short sleeves. But, October could also be really cold. November is probably going to be more chilly than October. Bring layers.

MJ

View attachment 303004

MJ
I’m getting that it could be hot or freezing,
Thanks for sharing your experiences!

We are going on the same sailing! I'm just planning on watching for the forecast within a week of sailing to figure out what to pack.

We're on the sailing the week before you! It's going to be "fun" packing for this. Like everyone has said, "layers, layers, layers!" NYC could be warm, but historical averages are in the mid 50s range. Last year during that week there were days in the low 40s and a couple of days at 70. I do know on the second sea day that it will warm up, and by the time you get to Florida and the Bahamas, it will be in the mid 70s. But, we are talking about Florida, so be prepared for rain, and if it rains it could feel colder than it actually is.
So, yes, bring the swim wear, but you're probably not going to use it on the first day.

We were on the sailing the week before last year. It was *cold* and windy in NYC and probably the next full sea day. After that it was warm enough for capris/shorts and swimming. The pools are heated, and seemed pretty popular during the sea days. Castaway Cay wasn't too cold to swim. We did find that it was chilly on deck - the MDAS deck show was really cold, and everyone was bundled in deck blankets.

Thanks everyone… I think that I’ll probably put swimsuits in carryon just in case my boys and DH are interested and as long as it isn’t freezing. Really excited to be going on our first Disney cruise,

Cheers

We were on the 11/11/2017 cruise. It was really chilly when we left NY and did not warm up until we reached Castaway Cay. We did not go fully into the water while there, but we did bring a couple of the small chairs to the water's edge and soaked our feet. People were in the ocean at Serenity Bay.

Our Port Canaveral day was warm, too. Shorts and t-shirts. That was Wednesday. When we woke up on Thursday and were away from Florida, it was chilly again and remained that way until we returned to NY.

Agree with Chirple. On that cruise we wore a jacket & hoodie getting on (she also had a scarf). Another hoodie in the suitcase along with swimwear for Castaway Cay (snorkeling was excellent, followed a sea turle for 10 minutes). Windy as heck on deck 10 during that cruise. We packed fairly light as we knew we’d be buying stuff in the shops to wear. Definitely check the extended weather forecast, it’ll help with the packing.

Now I am thinking we should have booked earlier November, seems like I should pack a little of everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!