What to Pack for FW Campsite!? Please help - TIA!

martav623

Earning My Ears
Good evening FW enthusiasts!

We are going to FW on my very first camping trip...EVER! We are a family of four (kids 12 and 8) traveling with another family of four (kids 7 and 4)...neither family knows what to pack. We know we need to take tents, sleeping bags, a fan, lanterns, twinkle lights...but I was looking on here to see if anyone had a packing list of essentials that one should not forget...I see a lot of packing lists for the cabins, but none really geared towards the campsites - unless I missed it.

Any help, feedback you all can offer is GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thank you!!!

I compiled this thread a couple of years ago. It’s a “kitchen sink” list with nearly all suggestions and past lists I found mashed together, so not everything will apply to you; reading through will hopefully give you some ideas, though. One thing not to forget is a hard-sided container for your food... deters the animals.

I compiled this thread a couple of years ago. It’s a “kitchen sink” list with nearly all suggestions and past lists I found mashed together, so not everything will apply to you; reading through will hopefully give you some ideas, though. One thing not to forget is a hard-sided container for your food... deters the animals.
Several Large cheap tarps. It can ran any time at the fort and dry stuff is much better then wet stuff. They are very cheap at Harbor Freight if you have one in your area.

Since you're car camping definitely bring good quality inflatable air mattresses, sheets and pillows to make a nice sleeping space. Leave the sleeping bags to the through hikers.

At the fort you need 2 extension cords to get electricity to the tent & to the table. Then you need power strips for each one & maybe some multi-tap outlets. Everything outdoor rated of course. Then you can charge all your electronics, run fans, cooking equipment on the table, pumps for air mattresses, lights, heaters in the tent, etc.

A small whisk broom & dust pan...there's lots of sand at the fort.

Trash bags you can keep at your site so you don't have to run to the cans every time you have a piece of trash.

Bath towel sized microfiber towels & shower kits with soap & shampoo for everyone to take to comfort stations. These towels are thin to pack & dry quick. Bring thin rope to string up between trees to make a drying area.

Pack half or less of the clothes you need & plan to do laundry in the CS (super convenient), BYO detergent pods & dryer sheets.

BYO s'more provisions to take to the campfire.

Plan your meals & pack accordingly. I have 2 tubs I pack things in that I use to wash dishes in. I cut disposable dish cloths up & drizzle with soap & store in ziploc.

Bring Ziploc!!! I take a large one & fill it with multiple sizes. Can be used for so many things.

Depending if you plan on cooking or not , a cooler. And , make sure you have some sort of knife, can opener, cutting board. Lol. A quick trip to the wallmart is always around the corner if you forget stuff.

You didn't say when you were going. Weather and the time of year will drive some of the items. If it is any month except December-March, I would consider a portable A/C. They actually make tents to accommodate them. (has a "boot" for the hot air exhaust). Winter months can have some cold nights. Even get below freezing occasionally. The best Winter suggestion I've heard is to get electric blankets. Better than trying to heat the whole tent. Late Fall and early Spring will generally have nice "sleeping" weather at night.

j

The little 30 buck ceematic heaters will definitly heat the whole tent, and are ...welll.....30 bucks. Ac will cost more , but is so worth it!

The little 30 buck ceematic heaters will definitly heat the whole tent, and are ...welll.....30 bucks. Ac will cost more , but is so worth it!

A good tent and sleeping bag will handle the cold. That sounds like a fire hazard to me.

No more so then running an ac off an extension cord, lol. If done corectly its safe. As with everyting in life. Lots use them , as well as the propane buddy heaters when tent camping.

A good tent and sleeping bag will handle the cold. That sounds like a fire hazard to me.

Not a fire hazard. Just get one with tip protection so it shuts off if it gets knocked down. We have camped since the 90's with electric heaters in the tent with no problems.

Even so, if I was willing to put out the money for electric blankets, that would be my first choice nowadays.

Then again, you never know here. Might need a/c in December.

As i told someone else, i have the small one, its placed inside a milk crate, and secured. No way to tip it over. And the cramatic ones dont get overly hot. The milk crate doubbles as a carring vessle before it does protection duty. So its extremely safe.

As i told someone else, i have the small one, its placed inside a milk crate, and secured. No way to tip it over. And the cramatic ones dont get overly hot. The milk crate doubbles as a carring vessle before it does protection duty. So its extremely safe

Putting in a milk crate is a really good idea! Never thought of it. We always just had ours on a rubbermaid bin. No tent camping, anymore but that would have been great!

Still put it in a milk crate in the pop up camper. Dont want my daughter to push it into the tenting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter