What to RD at HS?

vetrik

DIS Veteran
We're doing one day at Hollywood Studios on 2/20, specifically to see Galaxy's Edge. The change to the Fastpass tiers today have me re-evaluating everything!

Assuming ROTR is still operating with the virtual boarding groups, we plan to be there as early as necessary to try to secure a boarding group and hope we have luck! Thanks to the change this morning, our Fastpasses are now Tower of Terror 9:00-10:00, Smugglers Run 10:40-11:40, and Alien Swirling Saucers 1:05-2:05 (lunch at 50s Primetime Cafe at 12:00 and Oga's at 3:45). No one in my family rides SDD or RRC except me, so I'm not planning them this trip.

I now have a Fastpass for every ride that was a priority for us. Is it better to do TSMM first, or line up for Toy Story characters first at RD? I wasn't planning them in our day, but that seems like the best thing to add........I know lines for everything have been getting long fast with so many people there for boarding groups.

We're doing one day at Hollywood Studios on 2/20, specifically to see Galaxy's Edge. The change to the Fastpass tiers today have me re-evaluating everything!

Assuming ROTR is still operating with the virtual boarding groups, we plan to be there as early as necessary to try to secure a boarding group and hope we have luck! Thanks to the change this morning, our Fastpasses are now Tower of Terror 9:00-10:00, Smugglers Run 10:40-11:40, and Alien Swirling Saucers 1:05-2:05 (lunch at 50s Primetime Cafe at 12:00 and Oga's at 3:45). No one in my family rides SDD or RRC except me, so I'm not planning them this trip.

I now have a Fastpass for every ride that was a priority for us. Is it better to do TSMM first, or line up for Toy Story characters first at RD? I wasn't planning them in our day, but that seems like the best thing to add........I know lines for everything have been getting long fast with so many people there for boarding groups.
TSMM for sure, you'll get in and out in plenty of time.

From what I’ve been reading, because everyone is having to be there at opening for Boarding groups, there isn’t a noticeable rope drop advantage because all the lines are getting long almost immediately.

I heard that to get a boarding pass you have to be in HS before 7 AM. As in you must be in the park not outside trying to get in. AT 7 you must be on the boarding pass app and request a boarding pass.
over the holidays boarding passes for the day ran out in a minute orbtwo

You’re correct. That’s how it was for us two weeks ago. Everyone in your party has to be tapped in through the turnstiles by park opening (it was 7 am for us) to be eligible for the boarding group. Regular ones ran out by 7:02, and backup groups were done around 7:20 from one post that I read from that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter