What to wear to the theatre?

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
While visiting London this summer, we will attend an evening performance of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child". It may seem a strange question but how would you suggest we dress? It will be DW, DS and myself, all adults. We go to the theatre often here in the States, but we live in a college town so there is typically a wide range of attire. We don't want to stand out one way of the other so advice would be appreciated!

Its exactly the same in London - you will find people dressed in all different ways.
Whenever Ive been Ive gone semi casual - not worn jeans but have gone in other trousers or a summer dress - something I would be happy walking round in all day if needed.

I think the main things to consider are
Temperature - it can be cramped and so warm in the theatres so make sure you are not too hot but with a cardigan or something to put on if it is cooler
Comfort - as above it can be cramped with not much space
Modesty - make sure you are not wearing anything revealing
Obstruction - make sure you arent wearing anything that will obstruct the view of anyone else - eg you would be expected to take off a hat/baseball cap

While visiting London this summer, we will attend an evening performance of "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child". It may seem a strange question but how would you suggest we dress? It will be DW, DS and myself, all adults. We go to the theatre often here in the States, but we live in a college town so there is typically a wide range of attire. We don't want to stand out one way of the other so advice would be appreciated!

I'd say to wear whatever you like really. I personally like to dress up a little (nice shirt, trousers and shoes) for the occasion at the theatre but I always notice that there is a wide range of attire. Also, it can depend on what you are seeing, as you are seeing HPATCC, there will be lots of families etc which tends to be a little less formal.

I agree, wear what you are comfortable in. I used to live in London and often on my day off I would go to a show if I could get cheap last minute day off tickets. Often I would be wearing jeans, tshirt and hoodie. To me it was just the same as going to the cinema on my day off.

You will see people in posh designer dresses and men in suits, you will see people in jeans and tshirts, you will see people in smart casual, and depending on the show you will see fans wearing the show merchandise / tshirt.

Going to West End Shows in London is something which is accessible to all budgets so you get a wide variety of people in the audience :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!