What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

Sandwich bags, if the kids are out of school and everyone is working from home no one is making to go lunches so where the heck are the sandwich bags??

I went to our Smiths today and they were really well stocked... I mean 200 plus packets of bottled water, paper towels, canned veggies, lasagna, everything, it was great! What I did see missing was vitamin C...

Walmart, on the other hand, was still bare. I wonder what the difference is?

Who would have ever thought we would be rope dropping the grocery stores. Maybe 60 day out fast passes next. Just trying to lighten the mood. Stay safe and healthy
Lol right? There was a line and everything! It was long but that is because they were all standing far away from each other lol

Walmart, on the other hand, was still bare. I wonder what the difference is?
I am answering as a graduate level Anthropology student, not judgemental.

Most clientele that shop at lower priced places have less means. USUALLY, most in the lower income levels are less educated, USUALLY the less educated do not educate themselves with facts to understand the reasons why we do not need to panic buy.

I, am educated but lack financial means, so I shop at lower priced places and am not panic buying. So, of course, not everyone is like above. The above is based upon larger numbers and definitely not 100%.
There is nothing wrong with people who are lower income and nothing wrong with choosing a non-degree career/lifepath.
For someone that studies people, that is what it the reason I would come up with :)

I am answering as a graduate level Anthropology student, not judgemental.

Most clientele that shop at lower priced places have less means. USUALLY, most in the lower income levels are less educated, USUALLY the less educated do not educate themselves with facts to understand the reasons why we do not need to panic buy.

I, am educated but lack financial means, so I shop at lower priced places and am not panic buying. So, of course, not everyone is like above. The above is based upon larger numbers and definitely not 100%.
There is nothing wrong with people who are lower income and nothing wrong with choosing a non-degree career/lifepath.
For someone that studies people, that is what it the reason I would come up with :)
I can see that being a point... i was honestly just curious because they are like a mile from each other on the same road... so I was kinda baffled. With that said Smiths does cost more which is why we do the curb side at Walmart for some things and smiths for others ( Walmart won't have the expensive cheese counter or waygu beef lol)

I think while this is all going on though we're gonna skip Walmart.

Or , it could be simpler, they may have just got there shipment in that day. I can find meat here at one store and no paper products and at another find paper product and no meats. Depends on the stock and shipping.

Weirdly, we don't seem to be having problems getting toilet paper and such. But my god, I can't lay hands on a bottle of DayQuil to save my life. This time of year, my sinuses are going haywire and I'm essential personnel, so I have to go to work.

While coughing.

You can see why this is an issue.

Weirdly, we don't seem to be having problems getting toilet paper and such. But my god, I can't lay hands on a bottle of DayQuil to save my life. This time of year, my sinuses are going haywire and I'm essential personnel, so I have to go to work.

While coughing.

You can see why this is an issue.
Our pharmacy has been keeping some stock behind the counter, go ask!

I haven't had anything to chime in with on this thread but I've been out twice now and the first time the store was totally wiped of microwave popcorn, the second store had 0 cake or brownie mixes! I'm still having a hard time getting baby wipes. My son has sensitive skin so I can't just get any kind, they have to be fragrance free, dye free etc. Most of those are sold out or what's left is very expensive (sorry water wipes, I'm not gonna pay $45 for your wipes!)

I haven't had anything to chime in with on this thread but I've been out twice now and the first time the store was totally wiped of microwave popcorn, the second store had 0 cake or brownie mixes! I'm still having a hard time getting baby wipes. My son has sensitive skin so I can't just get any kind, they have to be fragrance free, dye free etc. Most of those are sold out or what's left is very expensive (sorry water wipes, I'm not gonna pay $45 for your wipes!)
Most are buying up the baby wipes as there are no antibacterial wipes left. I am buying the baby wipes to make antibacterial wipes for work. You can add diluted bleach( bleach wipes) , alcohol , or lysol to water based wipes to make stuff that will be antibactiral.

Most are buying up the baby wipes as there are no antibacterial wipes left. I am buying the baby wipes to make antibacterial wipes for work. You can add diluted bleach( bleach wipes) , alcohol , or lysol to water based wipes to make stuff that will be antibactiral.

I’ve heard that. That still leaves me with little to no choices for my son who needs actual baby wipes. Every box left at Target was a fragranced kind which will give him a rash (except for water wipes). I managed to find a box of huggies scent free in another aisle thankfully. Otherwise I have to spend twice as much as I normally would for the water wipes brand, not really in my budget. We NEED wipes.

I feel for you i really do, try to see if you can order online at target or wallmart and ship to store. They might be ae to get them and hold them for you. I looked but the brands are diffrent from when i needed them unsented. The costco ones were good also.

The Costco ones are 20$ shipped for a box of and are in stock. If you have a membership. Im not sure what they sell for at the store. Used to be15$ a while back.

Chicken Wings are becoming really hard for me to come by. I finally found a few bags today.

Somewhat related, but Nintendo Switches are sold out nationwide, even the Lites. I can't even get the new Animal Crossing. Final Fantasy VII (PS4) is gone everywhere too, but I'm not too worried about that one since it's an almost guaranteed launch game for the PS5.

Chicken Wings are becoming really hard for me to come by. I finally found a few bags today.

Somewhat related, but Nintendo Switches are sold out nationwide, even the Lites. I can't even get the new Animal Crossing. Final Fantasy VII (PS4) is gone everywhere too, but I'm not too worried about that one since it's an almost guaranteed launch game for the PS5.
Stock on the switches had been crazy since animal crossing launched. I lucked out on getting my physical copy of animal crossing at target on launch day. Already had my switch from Black Friday 2018.

I’ve heard that. That still leaves me with little to no choices for my son who needs actual baby wipes. Every box left at Target was a fragranced kind which will give him a rash (except for water wipes). I managed to find a box of huggies scent free in another aisle thankfully. Otherwise I have to spend twice as much as I normally would for the water wipes brand, not really in my budget. We NEED wipes.

Have you tried looking at dry wipes? I would buy a box of those (if they are cost effective), put them in a tupperware type container and wet them with water to make your own water wipes.

I haven’t been able to find corn starch anywhere. I understand why people are buying up flour and yeast, but why corn starch?

It’s the only way to get tofu crispy...

Have you tried looking at dry wipes? I would buy a box of those (if they are cost effective), put them in a tupperware type container and wet them with water to make your own water wipes.

no, I haven’t thought of that but I’d argue
people who don’t actually need baby wipes should do this instead. Thank you though.

Last edited:
Can someone please send shredded mozzarella cheese to DC? I just want to make some pizzas, sis.

I have tried for three weeks now and there is none to be had.

This is niche, but I want some lamb chops pretty bad, too. Those are nowhere to be found either.

@stindall - Have you tried Amazon? I use the 7th Generation unscented wipes, and they show them available there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter