What was the best event or tour you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For HM it's MTMK, no question. MTMK is a much shorter tour (under three hours) and there isn't so much overlap with KTTK that you'll be bored. If you think you'd enjoy both I'd say stick with them. You have some days in between the tours as a buffer, I think it's fine. KTTK does take up a big chunk of the day, the only down side I see is if you had a number of other things you wanted to do that day. :earsboy:

Thanks, we're there for two weeks so I'm not to torn up about missing park time as we have lots of time. Ah amazing! I'm so excited. We've done walking tours at Disneyland Paris but as they're only two hours these are a step up.

There are official reasons, but these are the unofficial reasons that I could come up with:
Price
Complaints that it wasn't an all adult event
Low attendance on too many nights
Park ticket was needed
Expensive to produce
Tied up the event venue for too long
All good reasons.

Behind the Seeds tour is hands down, the best tour for the money. It's a very great little tour.
I really enjoyed Dolphins in Depth. It's pricey, but there was a lot of information and the dolphins and how they work with them, were very cool.
I also enjoyed the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party, although if I did it again, I'd do the plaza viewing instead of terrace.
Next year, my dad is supposed to be coming with us, and he and I will go on either the Behind the Steam Trains tour or the Marceline to MK tour. Haven't decided yet. I hear both are good. The whole group may also do the Frozen Dessert Party, if it's still around.

Behind the Seeds tour is hands down, the best tour for the money. It's a very great little tour.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this tour. Last time I did it was almost 20 years ago, back when the tour was free. I'd like to think that since Disney is now charging for the tour, it's a little more involved. Plus I have a bad memory, but I know I enjoyed it.

I really, really miss the Segway tours, it was never really explained why they went away, they just started quietly canceling them. I heard a rumor about a lawsuit but I'm not sure. I had done all but the Fort Wilderness one. So much fun!

This year we are doing MVMCP for the first time and I'm really excited for that, and we are considering Behind the Seeds.

Matt

I've done the KTTK tour and it was fantastic... and of course we love MNSSHP... but my all time favorite tour was the "Sunrise Safari" tour (AKL CL guests).... To be on the Savanna just as the animals are brought out for the day, and before AK opened for the day. The animals were all over the place, playing, running, jumping.... following the tour vehicle. (the safari vehicle being chased by the ostrich family and it was a hoot - especially while sitting in the last row of the vehicle.) I really wish they would bring that back.

~D

Behind the Steam Trains tour or the Marceline to MK tour.
Both are excellent. If you and/or he enjoy trains, hard to beat that one. If you guys are HM fans and looking for little tidbits about Walt and his relationships to the park, hard to beat that one. Don't forget, 15% discount for Disney Visa, AP and DVC.

Both are excellent. If you and/or he enjoy trains, hard to beat that one. If you guys are HM fans and looking for little tidbits about Walt and his relationships to the park, hard to beat that one. Don't forget, 15% discount for Disney Visa, AP and DVC.

My dad used to own a steam engine, and still owns a lot of antique tractors, so I thought he would find the behind the scenes with the trains interesting. However, he also likes the history of Disney and learning how things work. So I thought MTMK would be good. I may just give him the descriptions and let him decide. I'd be happy with either, although I'm a big HM fan.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this tour. Last time I did it was almost 20 years ago, back when the tour was free. I'd like to think that since Disney is now charging for the tour, it's a little more involved. Plus I have a bad memory, but I know I enjoyed it.

I did in 2013. You get to go more in depth than Living with the Land. There's backstage viewing, like of a USDA plant lab. You learn about hydroponics and how they set that up in the greenhouses and how you can do it at home. You get to sample some vegetables grown there. And then you get to help release some lady bugs. You also walk through the different greenhouses and they explain some of the plants and techniques used to grow them. I went with a friend who enjoys gardening, and her enthusiasm made it even better.

Dinner in the Great Movie Ride
Wanyama Safari
Party for the Senses with the Disney Chefs
MNSSHP
Villains' Soiree during one of the MNSSHP
E ride nights

1. Star Wars dessert party during Star Wars weekends in 2015- we did the less expensive one, but it included reserved parade viewing with unlimited water and Mickey bars, fast pass to a celebrity show, and the dessert party with fireworks viewing (outside - no need to move outdoors for fireworks). One of the best values for money I felt.
2. New Years dessert party in MK- did it this past December in Dec 30th- terrace view. Completely worth it on one of the busiest nights of the year with spectacular view of fireworks.
3 Caring for giants tour- great tour for the money. Hoping to do Behind the Seeds in June .

Top favorite was the Wild Africa Trek. So fantastic and our guides were so well educated and made our day even better with their knowledge.
Disney's Keys to the Kingdom
Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage
Magic Kingdom's Fireworks Dessert Party W/ Party Garden View ( 12/30/17 A lifesaver must to get away from the New Years crowds AND you see the full 360 degree firework display)
Jingle Jam Jingle Bam dessert party (again a great extra to get great seats during the very busy holiday season like New Years Eve)
Star Wars Spectacular Fireworks Dessert Party (12/31/17 LOVED doing this to ring in the New Year and now BUMMED they are not holding it this year on New Year's Eve)
Frozen Ever After Sparkling Dessert Party Excellent selection and view for Illuminations (now of the new show
Fort Wilderness Carriage Ride and went to The Hoop de Doo Revue after. We did the late night show and my husband ended getting "targeted" HILLARIOUS! They also made a great cake for my son's birthday that I pre-ordered.
Also have done
MVMCP (3x's) MNSSHP My favorite holiday is Christmas however the Halloween Party is a not to miss event and was absolutely fantastic!

Last edited:
This thread began last year and includes events that no longer exist, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter