what was your main reason for joining a forum?

I was going on a Disney cruise. Lurked for a year, joined in 2003. Took the cruise over New Year's 2003-04.

2007, planning a Disney trip.

My goodness, come Oct I'll have been here ten years!

I don't remember now, it's been a long time. I'm sure I was looking for some info. when a new land opened or a new restaurant or looking for discounts or something. I couldn't have been looking for general info. since by the time I joined I had been going for over 20 or so years.

Stay updated on refurbs and rumors.

And mostly to plan my wdw last year- wasn't sure about fast pass plus and magic bands as we have neither in CA

I was planning my second trip to WDW in 2008, and I came across this site. It had a lot more info than Mouseplanet, so I decided to become a member.

I remember when I joined, I think it was way back in 1999 when we first got internet, I was so excited to find that there were other Disney "nuts" like me that I didn't think twice about joining with other like-minded people.

We've always gone to DL every year or so, but when we decided to become first time AP holders I joined so I could get tips and info on upcoming events. And then I found the Community Board and I stayed for the fun conversations :)

I belong to a couple other bulletin boards not related to Disney, but this place is the friendliest and is active, so I spend the most time here.

To keep up with all the latest Disney news, and to be social. It's hard to find people in "real life" who love Disney as much as I do. I used to belong to two other boards, but left because they were extremely cliquish and even after participating a ton for several years, I was still never included/fit in. I might be wrong, but I don't perceive these boards to be as cliquish and people generally engage with me more.

I joined because I wanted information on stuff to help my family plan a Disney trip. 5 years later, you're just stuck with me ;)

Same as most, because I was planning my first Disney trip in five years two years ago and something made me feel like I needed to be better informed lol. I always liked being part of forums too becuase its nice to talk to people about other various things and/or get their unbiased input on things.

Found the Dis shortly after my first WDW trip and joined. Before that I got all my info from the Mom's Panel (is that still a thing?)
Can't tell you how much money I saved thanks to Cheshire Figment, Robo and a few others.

I also love talking here with other Disney fans plus I get so many good ideas or information that helps with the approximately every other year trip.

I remember when I joined, I think it was way back in 1999 when we first got internet, I was so excited to find that there were other Disney "nuts" like me that I didn't think twice about joining with other like-minded people.
So far you are the old timer, August 26, 1999 according to the boards.

Forgot to say- the travel boards I follow are limited in scope- no community board to entertain me. And the other boards that I occasionally followed have died or are in the process of doing so. The Dis is amazingly active for a board it's age, and there are enough newbies to make it so that it doesn't become an echo chamber (although certainly there are times it is one, but that is usually topic specific.)

I learned about the dis from another message board I helped found about 15 years ago. When I posted asking for help with planning a trip to WDW another member suggested this board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter