What? We’re getting to go AGAIN!?!? - New Years dancing at Disney and Universal...

As we came around the bend from Pecos Bills we hit Pirates. At 3:05pm the stand by line said 45 minutes and that gave us enough time to ride and get to our next destination at 4pm. So we jumped in line. And stood there a long time. This has to be THE worst queue we were in the whole trip. It starts our in these super wide lines where they kept yelling to move up and fill in all available space. Well, it's one thing to be on top of my own sweaty family (and that's bad enough) but I am not getting on top of other sweaty people I don't even know. But then you run into two different kinds of line waiters...one is the kind that acknowledges where they are in the line, who they are behind and follows accordingly. But then you have the ones that use the "fill on all available space" to push through a line to gain access to the ride sooner. Well, we fall into the first group...I think it is only right. We had a couple of groups of young girls though that started way behind us and insisted on holding hands and pushing their way through. Which pissed Skye off to no end! So she has us set next to each other across the wide isle...linking arms so half of their group cannot get by. It was relatively miserable waiting in line. And it was NOT 45 minutes. We got close-ish to the loading area and it was time to go! So I am freaking out. We finally get to the ride and the person in front (who did not seem to speak English) was flashing pictures all over the place...so Skyler says (loudly) that she is not suppposed to be doing that...and eventually one of the people with her who was sitting in the second row (we were in the third) leaned over to the lady, they both looked back at Skye and she stopped taking flash pictures and video (YES, she had a lighted video on too!). We get off the ride at 4:15pm and are now late for our 4:00pm ADR! So we run over to Skipper Canteen and explain what happened and they said it was no problem...they'd get us in. It was pretty crowded around the check in desk though so there was not any where to sit. They had dispensers of iced water and paper cups for hot customers...so that was nice.

img_6482.jpg

We were called in to be seated at 4:34pm. So even though we were late, it was not too long of a wait to be seated. But, we were seated at the table right inside the door in the big room. Last time we were in the little room that you have to walk through the bookcase to get to and it was really neat. But considering we were late, we felt like we were lucky to be seated at all so we couldn't complain. This room is huge though, and loud. The other room is not.

img_6485.jpg

So on to the meal. Our waiter was Ray and he was good. He was able to answer questions and make suggestions that were welcome with our picky-ish bunch.

To drink, Skye ordered one of her favorites...
Schweitzer Slush...Frozen Apple Juice and Passion Fruit topped with Bursting Green Apple Boba Balls, first concocted by the noted explorer and humanitarian, Dr. Albert Slush

img_6483.jpg

We all fell in love with Boba Balls on our last Christmas trip a few years ago. We have tried to find them someplace to buy at home but so far no such luck.

Tyler got the same but in a souvin"ear" cup...

img_6484.jpg

Skye was a little upset she did not get a cup but then realized she got more in her glass than he did so she was good! Cary and I just got a Coke and a RootBeer.

img_6486.jpg

img_6487.jpg

To eat I ordered the
Sustainable Fish..."Not Piranha," served over Spiced Couscous and Black Garlic Aïoli in a fragrant Basil-Lemon Grass Broth.

img_6488.jpg

This was really good and light. It was seasoned but not spicy. I love couscous but am always afraid to order it out because the presentation is sometimes all over the place. This one was really good and pretty! I forget what kind of fish it was but I know it WAS NOT tilapia or piranha!

Tyler ordered the
"Tastes like Chicken" Because it is!...Crispy-fried Chicken served with Jasmine Rice, Chili Glaze, and Seasonal Vegetables.

img_6489.jpg

He had the sauce on the side. Ray told him it was pretty spicy so he was good with that but he likes to dip not drown his food in sauce. Ray told him that's what he does too! It ended up it was very spicy but Tyler also did not like the taste of it so not putting it on the chicken was a good call. Cary and I tasted it too and I agreed, it had a different kind of flavoring that i couldn't place but it was not a flavor I would have wanted all over my chicken either. But Tyler did really like the chicken. It does have a small bone in it and i am not sure what cut it is...but he was moist and tender. He is a chicken fan so he gave his approval.

Cary just decided to get the appetizer he loved the last time we were here as his meal...
Orinoco Ida's Cachapas...
And you thought our jokes were corny! House-made Corn Pancakes, Mojo-braised Pork, Black Bean Salad, and Avocado Cream.

img_6490.jpg

And he loved it as much as he remembered he did! It looks like a mess but it is really good...and a lot of food for an appetizer! He did use some of Tyler's sauce on a bite or two just hoping to find something it tasted good on but nope.

And Skyler ended up ordering the same thing she got last time too...
"A Lot at Steak" Salad...We're betting it all on this one! Grilled Steak, Romaine Lettuce, Spring Mix, Pickled Jalapeños, Red Onion, Queso Fresco, and Pumpkin Seeds tossed in a Chimichurri Vinaigrette.

img_6491.jpg

She asked for ranch dressing and an extra plate. Ray obliged and told her that he likes to mix the ranch dressing with the chimichurri vinaigrette and it is really good. Ya, she was having none of that! But she did use the extra plate to pull the steak off the salad. Last time we were here she got this and the boys both got the steak dinner and we decided the steak on the salad was better. This time, the steak was cold (last time it was hot) and she was not as thrilled with it. Cary did eat a lot of it though with the vinaigrette. But she did love the fresh salad for sure!

We had a nice, relaxing dinner. There was a mask that we think was "talking" periodically but we couldn't pin point when it happened or if it was actually that mask we thought doing it. We did not see anything silly like we did last time but last time was an early lunch in the library so maybe it was just a slower time??? The big room is fun and loud and has a ton to look at. We were not in the best place for that but being late, we had to take what we were offered...and it wasn't bad by any means! It was nice and cool in there...and we, of course, got another HOT winter trip so we were glad to have a seat. Part of the reason we held onto this meal was so we knew we'd have a place to eat dinner without having to fight the crazy crowds for a table. SO that worked out too.

We did not do desserts here because we knew we would be snacking later and there was more to get out to see and do. We were out of there around 5:42pm...getting our check did take a while though.

All in all, we like Skipper Canteen, especially at Magic Kingdom where the table service venues leave something to be desired. We did decide on our last time here that this is not a dining plan venue for us though because there are not enough appetizers to order that we want and some of us might just want only an appetizer. But i think we will be back when we are going out of pocket again.

Our total here was $109.83 after a 10% Disney Visa Discount i just now realized he gave us when he saw the card we were paying with!

Last edited:
After dinner it was getting more and more crowded. We headed out just to see what we could get into.

img_6492.jpg

img_6493.jpg

We ended up seeing Mickey's Philharmagic at 6:11pm, We love this show, it's probably our favorite in Magic Kingdom. We walked right into a semi empty waiting area and then shortly after we were in the theater. A great show as always.

Then Small World had no line at 6:36pm. I think the night time festivities in front of the castle were keeping a lot of people away from Fantasyland. We were squished into one row (again). For some reason four mostly adult, larger adults, did not warrant two rows. It was after this that we decided that we would not take one row anymore.

At 7:04pm we stopped at Friar's Nook for a
Fried Twinkie...choice of Vanilla, Strawberry, Caramel or Chocolate Sauce.

img_6494.jpg

We obviously got it with strawberry sauce and the thought was...WHY DID WE ONLY GET ONE??? It was really good and we all enjoyed it a lot!

The line was short and our total here was $5.32.

After our Twinkie we headed over to Ariel and jumped in line at 7:15pm.

img_6496.jpg

img_6497.jpg

img_6500.jpg

img_6501.jpg

img_6502.jpg

img_6503.jpg

The line was moving sporadically and everyone was wondering why. We were in standby but it was moving badly even for standby. We started seeing people going back through the line to get out. Finally, an announcement came that the ride was down. We were welcome to wait but they did not know how long it would be. At 7:36pm we led the troops out of line.

Last edited:
We walked towards the castle.

img_6495.jpg

Since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped at Tyler's favorite spot... Gaston's Tavern!

We decided to get two W
arm Cinnamon Rolls and a LeFou's Brew - Souvenir Cup...Frozen Apple Juice with a hint of Toasted Marshmallow and topped with All-Natural Passion Fruit-Mango Foam served in a Souvenir Stein.

img_6504.jpg

They had red frosting for Christmas. I guess green wouldn't be as appealing??? But they were hot and soft and sweet and cinnamon-y...just how they should be. Tyler is a cinnamon roll freak and these are his favorite! He ate one of them and the rest of us shared one. We all like the LeFou's Brew to varying degrees though. One is plenty for all of us to share. It is very sweet. Skye is an apple juice baby...she still waters her apple juice down when she makes her own glass so this is a little too sweet for her to drink much. It's best when it's at it's coldest though. We don't usually get the souvin"ear" cups but for some reason this trip we were into it.

The line to order here looks long but it really moves quite quickly. The problem is finding a table in there. I have no idea why, when designing this place they thought it would not be popular enough to warrant a decent sized sitting area...there are maybe 15 tables in here...maybe. So we had to stalk a table while the boys ordered. Luckily, we were able to find one...in fact, a family saw us stalking and asked us if we wanted it. Probably they had been through the stalking process before only to have some other rude person scam on the table before they got there....just like we had multiple times before. We were very grateful to them!

We were here about 7:51pm. We love Gaston's but we have only ever had the cinnamon rolls and the brew so I don't even know if they serve other things we might like. Maybe some day we'll try something else but either way, I know we will be back here on every trip.

Our total here was $25.11.

After Gaston's we headed up to our last fast pass for the night.

img_6505.jpg

img_6506.jpg

We had fast passes for Seven Dwarf's Mine Train and arrived at 8:20pm. We had a fun ride in the dark, were off by 8:35pm after sitting in a traffic jam to get off, and while we were walking out we saw they had closed it...it had gone down while we were riding...YIKES!!! That is what the traffic jam was. So we headed over to see what else we could ride.

img_6507.jpg

And the winner was...

img_6508.jpg

Haunted Mansion. We headed in at 8:43pm and standby was at 40 minutes. It was not actually that long and with the toys to play with in line it really did not even feel as long as it was. We were walking out at 9:15pm...so it was actually less than 32 minutes.

We were just kind walking around hanging out, looking at everything and everyone. It had cooled off but it was about now I was realizing how out of shape i pretend not to be!

It was packed over by the Tangled bathrooms and the line for the lantern pictures was long.

img_6513.jpg

At 9:36pm Pooh had a 45 minute wait...normally we would not wait but we knew everything was going to be a long line tonight so we jumped in line.

img_6514.jpg

This was a long, miserable line. I do not think the fast pass merge is handled very well here and that is what creates the long stand by line (I am not a fan of the new fast pass process at all). They would let one party through from stand by and then let a ton of fast pass through...even when there were fast pass people heading into the line but they were putzing along taking their time and they could have easily let another party or two in before the fast pass party even approached the merge, they would stand there waiting on the slow fast pass party. This line took much longer than 45 minutes...I don't think I have EVER waited in line for Pooh (or much of anything) that long! And it was stuffy and warm with no air in the line...even the mushy honey pictures were reacting to the heat just radiating off of the people's bodies as they walked by...LOL. But, we finally made it and bounced along with Tigger in our honey pot and had a good time.

After that Tyler ran to exchange his fuel rod and we sat on a ledge in the back of the castle waiting for him and relaxing. Skyler and Cary ran to Storybook Treats for the Peter Pan Cone...

img_6516.jpg

Skye loved the cone and the cotton candy and the fairy wings. She loved the look of them and the fairy dust shining on them (you cannot see it in the picture but they had edible glitter on them) but she could only handle a little of the lime ice cream. It was VERY limey! Cary, on the other hand, love it and finished hers too. They were very cute though! These are the little things that you used to find all over the place in The World but that are disappearing to make way for mass produced product so I was happy to see they still have some.

The total here was $12.76.

After sitting for a while and all regrouping we walked up around the front of the castle.

img_6517.jpg

img_6518.jpg

img_6519.jpg

img_6520.jpg

img_6521.jpg

img_6522.jpg

img_6523.jpg

And then we took more dance pictures...

img_6525.jpg

img_6526.jpg

img_6527.jpg

img_6530.jpg

img_6531.jpg

img_6533.jpg

img_6536.jpg

img_6537.jpg

img_6542.jpg

img_6543.jpg

img_6544.jpg

img_6545.jpg

We moved towards the train station...

img_6546.jpg

img_6547.jpg

img_6548.jpg

img_6550.jpg

img_6551.jpg

img_6552.jpg

img_6554.jpg

Then we headed to the bus and somehow we didn't have to wait. We did have to stand but we were standing one way or another. In the lobby there were still wreaths up from the employee wreath decorating contest.

img_6556.jpg

img_6557.jpg

img_6558.jpg

img_6559.jpg

img_6560.jpg

img_6561.jpg

img_6562.jpg

The Toy Story one by the front office staff was the winner. These were really cool to see.

We checked out the store a bit and Ty changed out his fuel rod again and we headed outside on our LONG walk to our room.

img_6563.jpg

img_6565.jpg

img_6567.jpg

img_6569.jpg

img_6570.jpg

We got to our room and changed for bed...Skyler was more than half asleep but made Tyler give her the bag of Goldfish...

img_6571.jpg

...apparently just to sleep with. LOL!

December 31, 2018 - N:ew Years Eve dawned nice and early. We were at the bus stop and on a bus to Epcot at 7:47am.

img_6572.jpg

We arrived at Epcot at 8:13am without Tyler. He was still getting ready and meeting us. Cary went through the bag check and it took a real long time.

img_6573.jpg

img_6574.jpg

Our plan was to hit Soarin' right away and then single rider for Test Track...but by the time we got to Soarin' the stand by line was at minutes and Test Track was down. So, so much for that plan.

So what were we to do? All plans lost, we decided to eat. Since we were in The Land, we went to Seasons.

We got a Kid's Breakfast Platter...Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding with choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water.

img_6576.jpg

With a chocolate milk. It was actually a lot of food. Everything was good...and i loved the french toast.

We also grabbed a fruit cup. Ya, we should have left it on the shelf. None of it except the grapes were ripe. THe honeydew and cantaloupe were super hard with no flavor.

img_6577.jpg

And we also grabbed a
Breakfast Platter...Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes and Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding.

img_6578.jpg

But we got just bacon and extra potatoes rather than a french toast...Cary does not do french toast as much and Skye is picky thinking it does not look like regular french toast so she did not want it. If I had known how good it was, I would have had him get it. But the eggs were done well (no wet at all) just like Cary likes it. The bacon was Disney bacon. THe potatoes were really good and we all ate off of them.

Cary also had a coffee.

Breakfast at Seasons has always been good. We will definitely come back here if it were in the plan.

Our total was $26.91.

After we left breakfast, Skye grabbed a bag of her favorite Gummis at Green Thumb Emporium...

img_6579.jpg

They were $6.70.

After breakfast we headed to see Figment at 9:20am.

img_6580.jpg

img_6583.jpg

We had a little bit of a wait, not a ton but more than we are used to for this ride. Tyler finally arrived around now and we met up and headed over to the other side for our first fast pass.

img_6582.jpg

img_6584.jpg

We arrived at Mission Space at 9:57am and were done by 10:24am...and that was about 26 minutes too long... It was Tyler and my first time riding the orange side...and it will probably be our last time! LOL...Ya...it wasn't scary and we did not get sick but shortly after it started, I couldn't wait for it to stop! If there had not been a good fan blowing in there i could see myself passing out. Glad I did it once...now I know what the difference is. But i have no need to do it again. Tyler felt the same way. Skye and Cary love it!

img_6585.jpg

We checked back in at Test Track and even the single rider line was crazy long so we skipped it and headed to look around at Mouse Gears.

On the way we found Ralph...

img_6586.jpg

We looked around a whole...this is a really great store and they have a ton of stuff to look at. And of course, since Tyler was putzing aroung behind us and missed breakfast and was hungry. So we went some place we have not been in a L-O-N-G time...in fact, Tyler was probably a baby the last time we went and Skye had never been there.

We took a walk across the breezeway and went to The Electric Umbrella at 11:04. It had recently started serving lunch but it was getting crowded. We were able to give our order to the boys and then Skye and i were able to hunt down a seat by the windows.

We decided to get a
Three-Cheese Flatbread...Individual Flatbread topped topped with fresh Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan and Arugula...without the arugula of course.

img_6589.jpg

And a Kid's
Three-Cheese Flatbread...served with Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie, Apple Slices and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water.

img_6590.jpg

That she got with fries, a chocolate chip cookie, and a sprite. Basically the kid's meal was half an adult flatbread. Both of these were nice and freshly cooked and the fresh mozzarella on them was a nice touch. The fries were fries and the cookie came with us for later.

We also got 3 small cups of ice. This place has self serve fountain drinks...so i was surprised they handed out ice in the same small kid's meal cups and they direct you to the fountain machines.

Our total here was $18.09 and we all shared a bit here and there and enjoyed our snack. I don't know that we'd make a point of eating here...there's just too many other awesome places to eat here...but if we were here and needed food, we would gladly stop here for lunch again.

Following along and all caught up! I loved your last TR too. You guys got a lot done for going at such a crazy time of the year. I love that your kids are older and are still happy to go with you - gives me hope for my boys :)

After out brunch snack we headed over for our next fast pass for Spaceship Earth at 11:44am. Even the fast pass line here was long...crazy! We were off at 12:15pm. We love this ride but this is one of the rides i think fast pass has hurt. We never used to have to wait long. Since the event of fast pass, there always seems to be a line.

img_6592.jpg

After that we headed to Club Cool.

We played around in there a while and Tyler remembered he had heard that they offered free slushies for your birthday. I had never heard that but hey, free is free. So he wandered up to the counter and asked about it and they asked him what kind he wanted...

img_6593.jpg

What a deal! Disney gives very few free things away and this was a full sized cup. Of course, Club Coll will be going away soon (at least for a while) so who knows how much longer this great benefit will be around but it was a nice birthday "gift".

We headed into World Showcase to use our last fast pass at Frozen. We got in line at 1:04pm and walked right into a boat. That has never happened here before...we have always had a wait even with fast passes. They tried to put us all in one row again! You know how little the rows are in these boats??? They fit three of us... so as we were about to get out and make them let us wait for the next boat, the couple in the front of us turned around and offered to let one of us sit with them. So Cary sat in front of us...it was all a bit squishy but it worked. This ride is cute and we do like the movie but I liked the actual Norwegian trolls and stuff better!

Afterwards, we checked out the store at the end. It is kind of not as fun anymore now too. Lots of the same Frozen stuff you can get everywhere else, less expensive sweaters I can barely afford to touch let alone buy, and much less trolls! We used to love looking at all the different trolls for sale here. Now there are hardly any! L
uckily, the big guy is still there...

img_6595.jpg

We were on our quest to Snack Around the World again so we stopped at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe. Usually, the kids argue here because I make them share something. This time i let them each get what they wanted.

img_6596.jpg

We ended up with a School Bread ... Sweet Roll filled with Custard and dipped in Coconut for me, a Rice Cream ... Rice Pudding topped with Strawberry Sauce for Cary, a Viking Chocolate Mousse ... Chocolate Mousse Viking Helmet with Twill Horns and Toasted Coconut for Tyler, and a Troll Horn ... Cloudberry Jam with Whipped Cream in a Crispy Pastry Sugar-coated Shell for Skyler. We also grabbed the last can of Rekorderlig Pear Cider for Cary and me to share.

So, the School Bread was great as always...it always seems like a slightly stale very soft bread with a sweet, but not overly so, cream filling and dollop on the top. The icing the coconut is stuck on with is sweet but not too much. I love these but no one else does so I don't always get one when I want it.

Cary liked the rice cream...a little more watery that typical rice pudding and a bit less sweet but the sauce on the top brought in the sweet. Skyler loved the strawberry but wont try the rest.

Tyler loved his Mousse and shared his horns with Skye. They weren't much n their own but with the mousse on them, they were tasty. It was very rich though and he would have liked some milk to drink with it.

Skye really liked her horn and was surprised by the citrus flavor of the cream. I was surprised that she liked the citrus flavor. She ate most of the cream and then the horn with whatever cream was stuck to it.

We are not normally bit drinkers...partially just becasue we're not, but partially because drinking in The World is expensive!!! But we really enjoyed the Pear Cider...it was light and really had a pear flavor. We could have done with another but at $9.75 for that little can, no thanks!

We were lucky enough to be able to find a table right outside the door but there is not a lot of seating over there even though there is a lot of customers. I sometimes wonder what they were thinking designing these places. We were sure to pass on our table to a waiting family and not to linger any longer than we needed to.

The line to get our choices was not long but Tyler never minds waiting here...Norwegian girls are pretty. We were here at 1:25pm and our cost was $28.24.

After Norway we headed to China. China is one of our favorite pavilions.

img_6598.jpg

We always seem to spend a lot of time here. We looked around in the shop a bit and then headed for our snack.

We decided to share a few small things. The kids just started being a little more adventurous with CHinese food recently. We gave Cary our order and he gave it to a gentleman walking the line...

img_6599.jpg

...and he handed him this back to hand to the cashier when he got there. This place, like all the others, never seems to have enough seating. We had to stalk again. We had one table stolen, because we wait for someone to leave the table before moving in...not everyone is that polite. It took a couple of tries but we finally found a spot just as Cary was coming with our food.

img_6600.jpg

We decided to get a Kid's
Sweet-and-Sour Chicken...served with Steamed Rice and choice of small Lowfat Milk, small Dasani® Bottled Water or Orange Juice...with a coke, and apple sauce and two carrots. This was really good. White rice is always a hit with the kids. Orange chicken without the orange is too! We weren't too sure what the purpose of two carrots was but whatever...LOL. It was all hot and good and got finished.

img_6601.jpg

We also grabbed an order of Pork & Vegetable Egg Rolls. I love a good egg roll and these were that. Tyler just started eating them so he and Cary split one too.

img_6602.jpg

And lastly we got
Pot Stickers...which are my favorite and Skye loves them too...but there are only three!

img_6603.jpg

While we were eating (at 2pm) it was crazy in there! People all over the place. At one point i had to use the restroom. The quick service place shares with the table service place here, in a long thin hallway...and there are like three stalls...the line to get into the ladies room was back to the exit door! I think I waited about 15 minutes to get to the bathroom!!! That's just crazy!!! But we love this quick service. We have never been to the table service in China...we've been tempted but until recently the kids would not have eaten anything there but now, it might be a contender. You don't hear much about it and there are so many great places to eat at Epcot, it just never makes the cut.

Our total here was $18.58.

After snacking, we headed back into the shop and Skye bought her fan (she has been collecting them the last few trips) and a chicken keychain (She loves Chickens) and stickers (I think Alpacas but I am not sure on that).

img_6604.jpg

img_6605.jpg

img_6608.jpg

And then we continued on our World Tour.

From China we jumped to Germany.

img_6613.jpg

After checking out the Teddy Bear Store and the Pickle Tree and the crowns and the...I could go on and on...Germany has so many beautiful things...we sent Cary in to Sommerfest for food. While he waited in the huge line, Skye colored on her pictures she received along the way at the kidcot stations. Tyler was out looking around but we sat inside watching two little girls interact with the German lady there while coloring. They were really funny...kind mischievous funny but they were maybe 4 and 6ish and one fed off the other and were a kick to watch. One of them was coloring while being silly with her sister and kept sneaking a peek at what Skye was doing and as soon as Skye would grab a color to color something, so would she. Skye was giggling watching her. We sat there a while becasue the line for food was LONG!

We actually were done before Cary was...but he was near the end. So we tried to find a spot to sit and eat but nope, it wasn't happening. Tyler met back up with us and we ended up sitting on by the rail out by the water on the ground to eat. It was all we could find...a picnic it was!

So what did we order? Well, we decided on a
Frankfurter...served on a freshly baked Roll with Sauerkraut and House-made Paprika Chip...with no sauerkraut. Skye loved the chips and we all enjoyed the frankfurter. The kids did not believe me that it was basically just a good hot dog. The roll was a tougher roll than you'd get with a hot dog but it was a good match for the firmer frankfurter...and probably holds up to the sauerkraut better. We completely forgot about pictures prior to eating. The pic shows about the size of the frankfurter we each got...it is huge.

img_6614.jpg

We also grabbed a
Jumbo Pretzel...which was huge. I always saw the price of these and wondered why someone would pay that much for just a plain pretzel. Well, besides being huge, they were a lighter texture than a regular hot pretzel...they were really good...and now I understand.

img_6616.jpg

Sorry, we dug into this before remembering to take pictures too...

And we also got a Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen. I had heard a lot about this and while we are not big drinkers, i wanted to try it. Cary wasn't so convinced...I mean, grapefruit??? But we loved it. It was tart and sweet but refreshing too.

img_6615_1.jpg

While we were eating some people were feeding the birds...who because a gang of birds...who chased each other around and dive bombed each other...and fought...you name it, they did it. It was very fun to watch but there were too many people around for that kind of entertainment...and I know, it's not good for them. SOmeone else eating went and got a CM to stop people from feeding them and to chase them away while ssweeping up the food they were after.

img_6617_1.jpg

We also got to watch these guys...

img_6618.jpg

So we ate and watched birds and turtles while looking at the awesome German pavilion. I don't know that we'd stop here if we weren't eating the world but it is a sound stop. We wouldn't be opposed to stopping in the future.

Our total was $30.50.

I think I've read all your other trip reports. I love seeing how much the kids have grown from one to the next.

There's nothing that beats seeing the castle lights at Christmas. It's just beautiful.

I love how y'all are snacking around the world. We usually drink around the world but I have to say I'd love to try this.

I'm looking forward to the next installment as I'm really enjoying reading along.

I think I've read all your other trip reports. I love seeing how much the kids have grown from one to the next.

There's nothing that beats seeing the castle lights at Christmas. It's just beautiful.

I love how y'all are snacking around the world. We usually drink around the world but I have to say I'd love to try this.

I'm looking forward to the next installment as I'm really enjoying reading along.

WOW! I didn't realize we had followers! Thanks for that! It is amazing how much things have changed...when I did what I think was my first trip report the kids looked like this!!!

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03456.jpg

Really enjoying your report. i have read some of your others so i knew this would be a good one. Very informative and I love seeing the different snack items. I think that's so cute that your daughter brought in her pointe shoes for photo ops. What better back drops?!

Really enjoying your report. i have read some of your others so i knew this would be a good one. Very informative and I love seeing the different snack items. I think that's so cute that your daughter brought in her pointe shoes for photo ops. What better back drops?!

Thanks for reading...I don't think she got as artsy-fartsy as she was hoping for but it was fun trying...

Moving on, we headed to Italy. Now this is where Skye wanted to celebrate the New Year...she wanted to "party with the Italians!"! Last time we were here for New Years Eve it was at the end of our trip and we were exhausted so we wanted to actually be in the park at midnight...would we make it?

img_6619.jpg

It was pretty crowded in Italy but we managed to find a spot near the stairs on the side of the store to sit and Cary went for snacks.

We ended up at Via Napoli Pizza Window. There is not a menu on line but I do have my receipt so...

We ordered a Pepperoni Pizza...

img_6621.jpg

And it was really good. Very different than the pizza you get inside. It had a thick crust and a ton of pepperoni. The pepperoni was not too spicy and was good to just pick off and eat. Tyler wanted another piece but did not want to wait in the long ling again!

We also got a Cannoli.

img_6622.jpg

It was a bit soft and chewy. I like them a bit firmer in the shell but the flavor was good and it was huge!

There was a really long line here and not much seating available. We were d=sitting on the ground again, which was fine but not ideal. THis is the first time we have been in the World that the Pizza Window has been open and we enjoyed it. We would eat here again if it were open when we were there.

Our total was $13.58...it was 4:18pm.

Cary also went to what is on his receipt as the EC Patina QS Kiosk for a Cappuccino. I don't have a picture of it but it looked like cappuccino. And he said it was really good too! The total here was $5.33.

We ate and relaxed in Italy a bit and then continued our tour.

img_6624.jpg

We headed over to America and for it being our last choice of eating venue, it was PACKED in there! SO we decided to not even try it. Tyler wanted to run to change his fuel rod so we told him to meet us back here. We went in to see the next showing of the American Adventure.

img_6626_1.jpg

Tyler did not make it before the show started so we met up after. We all enjoy this show. We hit the bathroom (which had a long line) and Cary had decided we were having a Funnel Cake with vanilla ice cream.

img_6627_1.jpg

Tyler still wasn't back but we shared this among the three of us. It was a bit odd how the ice cream was just a slab on top of the funnel cake but it actually was kind of better because it was spread over the whole thing rather than on sloppy mess in the middle. We had never gotten a funnel cake in The World before but it was really good. We would definitely be interested in getting more of these in the future!

Our total here was $11.72.

Tyler arrived just as the last bit needed to be eaten and he obliged...then we moved on to Japan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter