What were your best & worst Fish Extender Gifts

One ring pop for a 6 year old and a 9 year old. Not one each just one for them to share. They are both boys and they got a pink princess bubble wand and a purple princess bubble wand. Very girly. We did get a laugh because the 6 year old is in the “I don’t like girls” stage and he stated his opinion.

One ring pop for a 6 year old and a 9 year old. Not one each just one for them to share. They are both boys and they got a pink princess bubble wand and a purple princess bubble wand. Very girly. We did get a laugh because the 6 year old is in the “I don’t like girls” stage and he stated his opinion.

That could have been from someone doing random pixie dusting. I've dropped extras into random bags.

My kids love everything that they get. From tiny tattoos and cheap pirate necklaces to the Dooney and Bourke leather keyring my older daughter got last trip.

This upcoming trip we'll be participating in: candy exchange (I found a candy company that is special to my state), post card exchange, general exchange, and tiny exchange (for people with limited luggage space).

That could have been from someone doing random pixie dusting. I've dropped extras into random bags.

My kids love everything that they get. From tiny tattoos and cheap pirate necklaces to the Dooney and Bourke leather keyring my older daughter got last trip.

This upcoming trip we'll be participating in: candy exchange (I found a candy company that is special to my state), post card exchange, general exchange, and tiny exchange (for people with limited luggage space).
No this was labeled to room xxxfrom room xxx

We got a ton of candy during our cruise too. We put it all in a zip top bag and my son gave it, as a treat for the staff in the Edge. They are not allowed to except tips (which personally, I think,is stupid) but they loved getting the big bag of assorted candies.

That's a good idea for those who don't like/want candy (we're okay with it - have never gotten SO much candy). For those without kids going to the clubs, you can always leave it for the room steward.

A note for those who don't want candy - on the spreadsheets for all FE we've participated in there has been a column for allergies/diet restrictions so you can make a "no candy" note there (even if there's no column).

We aren't going to do the FE because of our allergies, I don't want to deal with getting a bunch of items that my kid/I can't have around us and can contaminate the other good stuff that we would get. Just not worth the hassle.

My daughter loves coming back to the room or waking up to check our FE. One cruise I didn't join an official FE. Instead I brought things to leave for her each day. It was the best of both worlds for her. :-) (Except that someone stole a couple of the cooler things I left for her.)

Favorites: Yeti-style cups with logos, chapstick, wet bag, waterproof phone cases, movie-theatre style candy boxes (my kids loved taking those to the movies), and blind bags for the kids (surprise packs with Lego, Marvel, tsum tsum figure)

Least favorites: large foam craft kit and dollar store water bottles which got left behind because they took up too much luggage space
wet bags- what a good idea!

Wow, there are so many great ideas on this thread that it's hard to choose but I think I've got an idea...

No telling until after the cruise, though. :fish:

I am planning to give each stateroom a Disney-themed light card (the kind you can insert in the slot to turn the lights on and off so you can keep your room key with you), and a decorative soap shaped like a disney cruise ship/water/island (hard to describe but very cute). Not sure if others will like this, but I know I would. I will then get a small item (TBD) for each the kids in each room--not sure what that will be, but last time I got a pirate coin necklace for the older kids and sticker books for the little ones.

I am planning to give each stateroom a Disney-themed light card (the kind you can insert in the slot to turn the lights on and off so you can keep your room key with you), and a decorative soap shaped like a disney cruise ship/water/island (hard to describe but very cute). Not sure if others will like this, but I know I would. I will then get a small item (TBD) for each the kids in each room--not sure what that will be, but last time I got a pirate coin necklace for the older kids and sticker books for the little ones.

Love these ideas. I am thinking soap too (I make soap).

Anything bulky. We had a full size board game given to us as a family gift Not even kidding it took up half of a hardside suitcase. I appreciated the thought behind it but having restrictions for bringing stuff back on our in our suitcases made it very difficult.

Recent trip reports reveal that Disney is discontinuing straws on their ships. When available, paper straws are the new standard. So straws would make a great Fish Extender gift, especially for families with children.

On the TA site we ran for last year, the suggestion was everyone bring postcards from their local area or a local landmark. That was popular because it was less bulky to pack and cheaper than buying too many items.

It's been quite a few years, but our favorites that we received: large paintbrushes with Mickey stickers and a card explaining to use it after the beach to wipe off the sand from your legs/feet; large laminated disney magnet with a photo of our ship, our names, and the date of our cruise (still have it on our fridge); little versions of board games (shoots and ladders, etc.) that DD could play in the stateroom but wasn't too big to throw in the bag home. I also received a lot of ornaments (was a Nov cruise). I love pulling them out every year and reminiscing!

Least favorite: agree with the candy, anything with liquid (since we usually only have carry-on bags for the flights) - we had snowglobe type magnets that were cute, but filled with water and couldn't fit them in our 3-1-1 bag.

One year I made ornaments, I found red wooden letter ornaments (about 3 in tall and flat) with green polka dots at Hobby Lobby. I used black paint to turn some of the dots into Mickey heads. The only problem was - since they were letters I needed the first names of everyone in our FE group and it was quite a task to find enough. I would definitely do something more general next time.

I agree with several of the comments regarding the candy - there was just TOO MUCH. Also cups...some were custom and adorable and others were just inexpensive ones. I appreciate the thought but my family of four literally got a cup each for a 7 day cruise. Just overkill....

My favorite items have been: hand sanitizer that I can strap onto my bag, cute keyfobs/keyrings, an adorable mickey necklace and a hotpad with our family name and a cute Mickey glove on it with a recipe for cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter