What we've learned in our two trips.

We did not - we hung out by the pool tons because it was easier to watch the kids. The pool service is excellent by the way. There are also little spots around the pools that hold maybe 5 to 6 people and are perfect for families if you don't want to be in the middle of everyone.

We have two cabanas booked for each day of our 10-day stay. When we reserved them in August, they told us we got the last two for some of the days we are there! And we don't go until the end of April. I was shocked. So I think if you think you might want one, reserve it. It doesn't cost anything and you can cancel it the night before if you don't want it.

We did not - we hung out by the pool tons because it was easier to watch the kids. The pool service is excellent by the way. There are also little spots around the pools that hold maybe 5 to 6 people and are perfect for families if you don't want to be in the middle of everyone.

How was your experience getting chairs by the pool? Did you get there early or did you have options arriving later on?

maybe I missed this but where is the Westin? I've looked on google maps and can't one by Aulani. I'm interested in the Luau.

maybe I missed this but where is the Westin? I've looked on google maps and can't one by Aulani. I'm interested in the Luau.

There's a Westin in Waikiki that has a luau. Maybe thats what PP was referencing? The Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club is adjacent to Aulani and also has a luau (FIA FIA), but the resort is undergoing renovations as mentioned.

The JW Marriott is under going construction. The Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club is still open. Sorry for the confusion. I misspoke about it being the Westin. The Beach Club has the luau. Do you use Trip Advisor? It lists the luau.

We have two cabanas booked for each day of our 10-day stay. When we reserved them in August, they told us we got the last two for some of the days we are there! And we don't go until the end of April. I was shocked. So I think if you think you might want one, reserve it. It doesn't cost anything and you can cancel it the night before if you don't want it.
Where/How did you book the cabanas??

The character breakfast in my opinion is a waste of $$. It's super pricey for breakfast (who's going to eat $50 worth of breakfast food) and all the characters are out and about during the day.

Disney's Aulani website says that it's $35 per person. Is this incorrect? We felt that was inline with the character meals at Disney and were planning to do it even though our kids are in their upper teens.

Tips:
We have gone several times and never have we rented a car.
We use Cloud 9 Car Service - Peter - 1-808-841-7999. They pick us up at the airport and bring us back to the airport. Way cheaper than a taxi as its a ways out there.

Aunties Beach House
- Pre-Register for Auntie Beach House Online
- Sign up for Premium Auntie Beach House Activities - these are not included in your stay but are an additional cost. My son age 8 enjoyed the Chip & Dale Beach Party and Fish & Friends.
- Auntie Beach House - the night before in your room or by the front desk you will find the itinerary for the next day. Have your kids pick and choose what activities they would like to participate in - like the Stitches Space Goo. These activities you will need to sign up for in advance on the day they are offered. I suggest you get in line as soon as the Aunties opens or before (a line will form earlier than it opens) to reserve your kids spot. They fill up very fast as these are awesome activities.
- If you are traveling with another family or other members in your family link all the kids together as then only one person has to get up and stand in line for activities - that one person can register all of them.

Dining
- Make reservations at least for dinner if you want to eat on property or else where.
- Down the beachfront walkway there is a Dukes and a Chucks or maybe it's Chops at the Westin
- Across the street - Monkey Pod (kid friendly), Sushi, Pizza -- Monkey Pod you will need reservations and its delicious.
- Golf Course - Roy's - walking distance (tasty) We booked the Chip and Dale Beach Party and had a nice dinner over there.
- ABC store - almost a full grocery store - great for buying food for the room. We generally eat breakfast in our room so we get everything there.

Activities
- I DO NOT recommend the Luau that is OFF site that the Aulani recommends- its okay but it very much a cattle call. We haven't been but I have heard lots of great stuff about the Westin one - there is a shuttle you can ride from the Aulani to the Western or its in walking distance.
- We love to look for the menhunie - ask about this when checking in.
- Community Center - near the locker rooms - right by the BIG stars has great family activities.
- We enjoy the fireside talks at night by the campfire - near the beach.
- We have not participated in any other off site activities offered by the resort because they offer so much on site and our son LOVES Aunties. We truly have to limit his time there.
- The Starlight Hun on the lawn behind the hotel is pretty cool

BEST ADVICE:
Really plan out dinners and make reservations.
The character breakfast in my opinion is a waste of $$. It's super pricey for breakfast (who's going to eat $50 worth of breakfast food) and all the characters are out and about during the day.

Near By - Taxi Ride Away
Costco and REAL Grocery Store

Surprisingly all the food onsite is super good. The quick serve by the kiddie area has great daily specials.
How far in advance can you make dinner reservations at any of the restaurants there at Aulani??

How far in advance can you make dinner reservations at any of the restaurants there at Aulani??

You can make the dining reservations 180 days out. We are going in June & made ours at Christmas, some dinner times we wanted were already taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter