What will happen? Re: cancelling

Stimpy

<font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says
I'm getting really worried that we may have to cancel our trip in 11 days :( I've had a medical problem come up and the dr has me going for a whole bunch of tests (I have a MRI today) I'm really concerned that something will come up right before our trip and I'll have to stay home for additional tests or treatment etc.

The cheapskate in me is more concerned about what will happen to our points and money than my health right now LOL (OK, maybe a little denial is there too)

Anyway, what will happen to our points if we have to cancel? We have a March u/y and had to borrow about 40 points from next year for this trip. If we have to cancel this trip, I really don't see us having the chance to reschedule before the end of the year.

Also, does anyone know if I can cancel our MNSSHP tix? Since we used the AP discount, they are at the will-call window.

We're flying SW, how far in advance do you have to cancel? I realize we would probably only get credit and not a refund, but do we have to do it a certain amount of time before hand.

Hopefully, I'm worrying for nothing and everything will work out. :sunny:

Good luck to you, you'll be in my prayers. I can't answer your DVC question but with SWA you have a year to use your tickets if you cancel. Call 1-800-IFLYSWA and they'll be able to tell you what has to be done should you need to cancel. :hug:

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

To be honest, if it wasnt an imediate life threatening illness I would do all the tests my doc wanted before the trip, and schedule a bunch for after the trip, but I would go.....

If you opt not to go (((((Hugs))))) your points will become holding points which will have to be used before the UY is up. Including the borrowed points. If your unable to use them, you could try renting them over on the rent trade board.

I hope the MRI gives your doctor the information he needs and further tests are not needed...... (((((Hugs))))

YOur DVC points will go into a holding status and reservations can only be made 60 days or less in advance with those points - Since you borrowed some points they stay in the year you borrowed them into. You may want to look at renting the reservation with some type of payment reaching you before the time you need to cancel - day before check in- This could be done overnight certified check, western union or paypal I think. You can also just cancel and then try to rent the points for reservations between now and March = There are a lot of people out there looking for reservations for the time you have them for so you might get lucky. Keep in mind the SWA tickets will give you a credit that is good for one year from the date you originally purchased the tickets not the dates you were going to use them. We will keep our fingers crossed and send pixie dust your way that everything works out and you take the trip. If the medical conditon is not something critical timewise - go and have a good time. Explain to your doctor and see what he has to say.
Good luck

In your situation, if you can't go, I would try to rent the reservation at the last minute. I think you might actually have some luck and will be able to recoup more than you would even with the insurance. The holding account points might not do you any good it sounds like.

I am adding this to the above info. At this time frame wether you cancel today or two days to arrival, your points will go into a holding account and you will need to use them by feb.28,2006 even the borrowed points.

I would hold off before canceling and take a step back and take a breathe, :flower: now what is the happest place on the earth ? :love: WDW :love:

I honestly believe you should take this trip, it will put a smile on your face and put all your worries behind, when you get home you will be refreshed and be ready to take on new challenges.

:wizard: Pixie dust to you and your family :wizard:

and if you cancel your trip and cant go before feb.28, you could always make ressies for pres. week and rent it out. ;)

Part of the reason I go to Disney, is because there is medical care near there....
Maybe you could do most of the stuff before you go.. and it does take about a week anyway to get the darn results back anyway ;)

And if something came up,
Would you want to do any of the tests up there at the Cellebration hospital (if your insurance covers it)....

and then go to the pool, etc, in between....

At any rate, our prayers are with you.

Goldi

Thanks everyone! :grouphug: So far I haven't really heard anything that seems "bad" enough that we will have to cancel. The whole brain MRI thing just scared me I think. Dr should get the results of that in a few days. Hopefully, I can put off the next round of tests until after we come home. Thanks again for the advice and good thoughts!!

The only thing the Dr. will say after looking at the MRI is:

"Ummm...Everything is fine Mr. Stimpy...we are just a bit confused, we see lots of little hidden mickeys in here"

Mickey on the brain can always make you smile :earsboy:

You're in our thoughts and we wish you a magical trip after such stress! :)

First of all your in my thoughts, hope that everything works out for the best and that you are OK!

Now, just so you know how GREAT DVC can be I will share my story. in April of 2004 my DH 36 was diagnosed with colon cancer...needless to say we were TOTALLY FREAKED out!!! :earseek: He had major surgery within 7 days of being diagnosed and 4 weeks after his surgery he started 6 months of chemo. We had a trip planned to take our DD's to HH in August but he was unable to go a) because he had to be here for his weekly chemotherapy and B) due to his chemo he was not allowed to be in the sun. I thought for sure that we would somehow end up losing our points or that they would be put in a holding account at the very best. NOPE.... when I called DVC member services and explained what was going on they were more than understanding, they cancelled our ressie and put no restrictions on our points, they just put them back into our account!! DVC member services is AWESOME! :love:

So think POSITIVE and if the "worse case scenario" plays out.... just call DVC and I'm sure that they will work with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter