What will soon be out of existence

I remember twice daily mail delivery when I was very young, maybe up until the later 1960's. Same for the milkman. We also had a guy who delivered bread. Produce hucksters came around with their trucks of fruits/vegetables from late spring to early fall. One huckster nicknamed "Jimmy Bananas" had a pushcart instead of a truck.....
......:scratchin.....:idea: ohhhhh, so you grew up in Brooklyn! [ :teeth: :lmao: ]

Brick and mortar grocery stores. Most are already operating on razor thin margins. As the trend of home grocery delivery continues to grow, I can see the larger chains moving to smaller buildings and offering only fresh, perishable goods at extremely high prices.

Also private practice doctors offices. The appeal of the walk-in medical center is a growing trend in my area of the country. Thier extended hours along with no longer needing an appointment seems to work well with our ever-growing craving for “instant gratification”. They are popping up almost as frequently as pharmacies are around here with each new location occupying more square footage than the last.

Perhaps, if the trend continues, someday the walk-in medical centers will occupy the large buildings that were formerly grocery stores.

Disagree about grocery stores. I think they will be around for quite some time. I actually don't know a single person who orders groceries from the web. I've checked prices for Pepsi on the web and they are outrageous because of shipping. Will be a cold day in hell before I pay what they are looking for.

My son bikes down on that ski hill. They probably get more business from March to November with biking then the do with skiing. They also have a water park next door, which is really old, but still fun.
What do you mean, old? I remember when it opened!

With landlines largely already a thing of the past, am I the only one who wishes there was some sort of “phone book” or 4-1-1 service for cell numbers?

No thank you. I enjoy the anonymity of my cell phone and the fact that it only gets one spam call for every 1,000 or more to my home line, no matter the amount of call blocking, Do Not Call List sign ups/reports or phone company programs I participate in to stop those. I definitely don't need the hassle on my cell.

Our school has that but we have to pay a fee everytime we pay on line. No thanks, I'll send a check:rolleyes:
According to the Permission Click website...
Permission Click's basic platform is totally free to use for schools and organizations, which means you have access to unlimited users, forms, reporting and responses all in one easy place.
Even their advanced options are priced yearly based on # of students.

I can't believe no one has said real human connection...we've got apps for it now after all:)

With landlines largely already a thing of the past, am I the only one who wishes there was some sort of “phone book” or 4-1-1 service for cell numbers?
Fading, but 46% of U.S. households still have a landline.
My landline number is unlisted but it is the number I give out. My cell phone number is blocked and I never give that number out. But LEXIS-NEXIS does offer both a landline and cell phone database. When we did our LEXIS-NEXIS training the trainer used me as a a test search after bragging they likely have everyone's phone number. She was shocked that they did not have my home number....I've had the same number for 35 years.......and that they did not have my cell phone number, I've had that same number for 28 years.

Disagree about grocery stores. I think they will be around for quite some time. I actually don't know a single person who orders groceries from the web. I've checked prices for Pepsi on the web and they are outrageous because of shipping. Will be a cold day in hell before I pay what they are looking for.

I order groceries on line a couple of times a year when the Peapod service offers free delivery. Due to my work schedule, I usually go shopping after Mass on Sunday. When other plans prevents that I either grab stuff at the deli by the train station (but way too pricey) or I'll order online. Some prices are higher, some about what we usually pay. I've had them delivery everything from meat to produce to eggs and frozen stuff. Everything was in good condition. The convenience is well worth it at times, even if I have to pay the $6.95 delivery fee for $100 of groceries, but it is not something I would do regularly.

I think tank hot water heaters will eventually be completely replaced with on demand water heaters.

GOOGLE. That's what I tell my kids. "Mom what's the number for the pizza place??" "GOOGLE!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!