What would be faster?

ShelbyK

Mouseketeer
We are going to MK on our departure day and I'm not sure if it would be quicker and less of a hassle to drive our rental car and park at TTC or leave the car at at Coronado Springs and just take the bus back to the hotel and grab the car at the end of the day. Our flight leaves at 730 pm. We won't be driving the rental car around Disney property at any other point and I'm not sure how great my husband will be at navigating and how traffic will be around 3pm? What time would you suggest leaving MK for either situation to give us plenty of time?

There are signs everywhere. No need to fear navigating if you decide to drive. Google Maps lets you set departure time to see what traffic might look like.

There are signs everywhere. No need to fear navigating if you decide to drive. Google Maps lets you set departure time to see what traffic might look like.

Does going through the TTC take alot longer in the morning vs the bus?

You'd have to take another form of transportation once at the TTC, which will add time, yeah.

Personally, I would leave from TTC. There's no need to add the vagaries of Disney resort transportation to your airport trip. Yes, you will need to take the monorail or a boat from MK to TTC, but they run a lot more regularly and dependably than the resort buses, IMHO. If there is a delay on the monorail, you can take the ferryboat or hop on a launch to Poly.

I would plan on 1 hour travel time to MCO, since you might hit some rush hour traffic. Be sure to check Google Maps or Waze for directions when you get in the car so you get the latest traffic conditions. And don't forget to add in time for returning the car and topping off the gas tank if you want to do so. There's a WaWa a few miles north of the airport on Semoran Blvd.; if coming in from 417, you would need to drive thru the airport and back out the north exit. Or you can fill up at the Speedway south of 417 on Orange Blossom Trail, but the price is usually a few cents higher, and there's a $0.75 exact change toll at the exit. Watch out for a couple of outrageously priced gas stations between the airport and WaWa.

Personally, I would leave from TTC. There's no need to add the vagaries of Disney resort transportation to your airport trip. Yes, you will need to take the monorail or a boat from MK to TTC, but they run a lot more regularly and dependably than the resort buses, IMHO. If there is a delay on the monorail, you can take the ferryboat or hop on a launch to Poly.

I would plan on 1 hour travel time to MCO, since you might hit some rush hour traffic. Be sure to check Google Maps or Waze for directions when you get in the car so you get the latest traffic conditions. And don't forget to add in time for returning the car and topping off the gas tank if you want to do so. There's a WaWa a few miles north of the airport on Semoran Blvd.; if coming in from 417, you would need to drive thru the airport and back out the north exit. Or you can fill up at the Speedway south of 417 on Orange Blossom Trail, but the price is usually a few cents higher, and there's a $0.75 exact change toll at the exit. Watch out for a couple of outrageously priced gas stations between the airport and WaWa.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!