What would you do - Studios Edition

ANKx4

Earning My Ears
I have most of our meals figured out for our Halloween trip, but our studios day (Oct 28) is giving me fits. What would YOU do??

Party of 11. 6 adults, 3 non adults (10, 12, 12), 2 kids (8, 4)

We haven't been in about 3 years (the call of DCL and Aulani won out the last couple of years). By Oct HS will be VERY different than the last time we visited! I think that's part of my hang up. The last several trip we have done the park until mid afternoon and then a resort dinner (Usually flying Fish and hanging out at Boardwalk) I'm assuming we will probably stay all day with Toy story and Star Wars. We'll do breakfast in the room, a reservation for either lunch or dinner and CS the other.

Sooo...random time at Sci Fi? The grandparents would probably like 50s PT (but that doesn't overly excite my part of the crew) Brown Derby? To Fantasmic or not to Fantasmic? Or some completely off the wall idea I haven't even kind of thought of??

Toss out your suggestions, however logical or off the wall! We are open to ideas!!

By October, there will likely also be a sit down restaurant open in a Toy Story Land and maybe one in the Star Wars area.

I believe that the Commissary will also offer bookable ADR's for the dinner hours. It is CS.

AS far as Fantasmic goes, my family is Meh about it, but if you think that your family will enjoy it, I would probably book Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V Fantasmic Package. This is a fun meal, the characters are cute as can be, and it is a buffet, always a nice option for a park that is not known for it's TS selections. My family of adults and one 17 YO liked it a lot. I loved it! LOL!!! The food was decent and the service excellent.

I second the Fantasmic is MEH attitude. We're trying the reservation at Commissary on our next trip for one dinner at HS. It seems to be a bit upgraded from the regular CS, and a nice break that you'll be able to control how long it lasts unlike the other TS places.

The way I see it if you enjoy Flying Fish you'll like Brown Derby over the forthcoming TS restaurant for Toy Story which is a a revamp of Micky and Minnie BBQ (or similar named eating event).

My party also enjoyed our visit to ABC Commissary.

I second the Fantasmic is MEH attitude. We're trying the reservation at Commissary on our next trip for one dinner at HS. It seems to be a bit upgraded from the regular CS, and a nice break that you'll be able to control how long it lasts unlike the other TS places.

I will be the third in this. I will also add, if you have younger children in your group, my five year old cried over it and wanted to leave RIGHT NOW!

I will be the third in this. I will also add, if you have younger children in your group, my five year old cried over it and wanted to leave RIGHT NOW!

WE sat behind a couple with two youngsters. One cried the whole time and the other had his face buried in Dads armput. It was really disturbing for us. I felt bad for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter