What would you do?

FergieTCat

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
I think this is boiling down to "Talk me out of this!"

I am an experienced counted cross-stitcher. I am making a birth sampler for my grandniece (arrival date December).

I had a choice of 2 kits. I picked one, started it, and decided I'm not thrilled with it (colors too light, pattern too intricate). So, for that reason, I am not getting much done. I looked at the second kit again, and think I like it more (brighter colors, etc.)

If you were me, would you: (A) force yourself to power through the pattern or (B) give up, buy the second kit and start again? It would be less than $20 down the drain.

I am leaning towards (B), unless someone can talk me into (A). You have until tomorrow!

Thanks!!

As a counted cross-stitcher myself, I have been through the exact same issue. I started a Tinkerbell blanket from a kit, hated the half stitches and the blanket quality (especially the blanket quality). It's still sitting in my closet with 400+ stitches done and 80% left until it's done.

I got another project that I enjoyed much more and it didn't feel like torture. My vote is for (B). Life is short, enjoy what you do. Plus you have plenty of time between now and December to get it done!

As a counted cross-stitcher myself, I have been through the exact same issue. I started a Tinkerbell blanket from a kit, hated the half stitches and the blanket quality (especially the blanket quality). It's still sitting in my closet with 400+ stitches done and 80% left until it's done.

I got another project that I enjoyed much more and it didn't feel like torture. My vote is for (B). Life is short, enjoy what you do. Plus you have plenty of time between now and December to get it done!

You are my new best friend!! I just needed someone to tip the scales for me!

These old eyes are not what they used to be (even with progressive bifocals.) The colors are mostly pastels and whites. I've put in about 3 hours of work and I am just not a happy camper.

I bought the second kit from Walmart.com (yes, just now!). I'll try to continue the first one over the weekend -- if I succeed, I'll return the new kit to Walmart.

You do what you gotta do, I guess.

Thank you. Still curious to hear what other people think.

There's nothing worse than working on something you don't like, just makes it seem even slower. I have a hard enough time finishing things I like, I don't think I'd work on anything that would look mediocre when done.

I'd switch!

You are my new best friend!! I just needed someone to tip the scales for me!

These old eyes are not what they used to be (even with progressive bifocals.) The colors are mostly pastels and whites. I've put in about 3 hours of work and I am just not a happy camper.

I bought the second kit from Walmart.com (yes, just now!). I'll try to continue the first one over the weekend -- if I succeed, I'll return the new kit to Walmart.

Oh, pastels and whites... I see what you're talking about. I'm working on a South American Angel and she has lots of colors, but the center was mostly different shades of turquoise. It was almost a week of stitching to finish that area of just turquoise. I was SO excited when I finally got to add red and then green and gold.

I hope it works out either way and early congratulations on the new addition to the family!

:wave2:

There's nothing worse than working on something you don't like, just makes it seem even slower. I have a hard enough time finishing things I like, I don't think I'd work on anything that would look mediocre when done.

I'd switch!

I agree. I've had a number of tshirt designs that just didn't work out and I found I was much happier if I learned from the experience and moved on to something that I enjoyed more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter