What would you do?

Bostonfamily

Earning My Ears
I have 95 points which I borrowed from my 2002/03 (April) use year for a trip next spring. However, due to a schedule conflict, our trip needs to be cancelled. I can bank the points from this use year but the 95 which were borrowed need to be used by next April. I am unable to use these points through DVC between now and then. What are my options? Can I sell/transfer them? Any suggestions would be appreciated!:confused:

You can rent them to someone, although I don't know if you can actually transfer them to another member's acct since they were borrowed. You're closer to Hilton Head, maybe you could take a couple of 3 day weekends there, or trade them for a few nights at a hotel nearby, if DVC has a one available by the day inyour area.

You can't transfer banked or borrowed points to another person's account. You either have to use them or rent them to someone else and make the reservation with MS for them.

Laura

I stumbled across some incredible round trip fares (on Delta) out of St. Louis that make a weekend jaunt down to Disney not too hard to pull off. Maybe they have comparable fares out of Hartford for you.

Check it out (on line) and maybe you can use those points for a long weekend instead of having to lose them.

If push came to shove, couldn't you use them for a Concierge Collection reservation in Vermont or Boston (or New York). I don't think that the fact that they are borrowed points should have any bearing given how early in the year we currently are and how far it is from your previously intended trip.

The Juniper Hill Inn in Vermont is incredilbe if you can use them there I would recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter