what would you pick L.O. or Dedicated

jltdone

Mouseketeer
Im looking for some tips on this.
We booked through Disney a 2 bedroom villa. They said we could have a option of either a lock off or a dedicated what would you pick and why?
In our party is 5 people Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad and son (10).

we prefer the dedicated: for the simple reason that it provides a 3d bathroom. comes in handy with our group of 9.

we prefer the dedicated: for the simple reason that it provides a 3d bathroom. comes in handy with our group of 9.
So the lock off only has 2 bathroom and the dedicated has 3 bathrooms.
How are the balconies on the standard view 2 bedroom dedicated are they straight or are they angled ?

The standard views face the parking lot or the convention center, the one's we stayed in where straight.

And I forgot to mention the number of bathrooms. So dedicated is one less balcony, but one more bathroom.
Lock-off is one more balcony, but one less bathroom.

I made my reservation for March a while ago, I have a 2 room Villa Ocean View. Is there any way to tell if it is Locked Off of Dedicated on the confirmation email? I think I would prefer the extra bathroom for my party of 6

I made my reservation for March a while ago, I have a 2 room Villa Ocean View. Is there any way to tell if it is Locked Off of Dedicated on the confirmation email? I think I would prefer the extra bathroom for my party of 6

Hi Dani,

If you are a DVC member and booked through the website or via Member Services, you should know on your reservation because it required selection between lock-off or dedicated. (Even though the points are the same nominal amt.) I just confirmed my two-bedroom (dedicated) in the confirmation email and also by logging on to the website. If it's a lock-off it'll say so after it says "two bedroom."

If you booked on cash, I believe the default is a dedicated two-bedroom, but depending on availability may be a two-bedroom lock-off. I read this somewhere on the forums so this might not be true, but I think this must be true b/c if you look on the main resort page (not the DVC specific one) it mentions 2 full bathrooms and one half bathroom - which is the dedicated version. I can't imagine them advertising 2.5 bathrooms to folks only for them to get 2. For some large parties, I imagine they'd be rather upset with Disney!

https://www.disneyaulani.com/rooms-offers/villas/two-bedroom-villa/

I am not a DVC member. Though, I did book through Disney and saved screenshot of the confirmation page, nothing on that either. I hope your right about dedicated being more standard than locked off but I am going to contact them to see if it is not too late to get a dedicated villa. Thanks for the info!

We love the dedicated two bedroom ocean view. We always request Ewe building, 9th floor and above, 50 series which means rooms that end in 50,52etc. Long lanai with doors that open from both bedrooms and the living room. Also the extra bath is great

Thanks for the tips PurpleQueen & CedricandSophie. I sent them a message last night and will call Tuesday if I have not heard back from them.

If you booked on cash, I believe the default is a dedicated two-bedroom, but depending on availability may be a two-bedroom lock-off.
This is correct. Cash reservations are assigned to dedicated, but the fine print says they reserve the right to assign you to a lock-off if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!