What's best scenario for reservation points?

rantnnravin

No room in the suitcase? U can land a plane in it!
I need veteran DVCers' advice:
We just bought DVC, use year Aug, and aren't sure how best to use our points. here's the scoop:
We have 150 SSR points.
We REALLY want to stay at the Contemporary for our 10th Anniversary next August (want Tower/MK View for Aug 3).
I have an AP (purchased w/DVC dscount during Aug trip w/free dining)
We were planning on banking/borrowing to use up to 3 yrs worth of points.
I'm thinking:

Rent out/transfer this year's points and use the cash to get the CR room --possibly being able to secure an AP discount or some other package deal-- for 4-5nights, then transfer to DVC resort for another 7-10 nights- we would use next year's points and possibly borrow 2007 points?

or,
should we spend the 58 points per night on the "Atrium Club" room? (Will this guarantee the MK view? - i didn't see a choice for it on the member site, like on the WDW site)
and use DVC points for second week as above? :confused3

If we are foing to rent/transfer, i have to get on that soon, right?

I would go with renting your points and paying cash for the reservation.

especially if the Cont becomes part of DVC - then you can't use your points at this resort except at the dvc cont.

so go with using cash in the first place.

thnaks for the quick response.
that was my instinct, i guess i just wanted to make sure i hadn't missed anything. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter