Whats best time of year to go WDW

Tara2004

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Can we get your help please. When is the best time of year to go to WDW.
We went last year in Nov and that was great. This time we are looking at March. Has anybody been in March and was it busy and what was the weather like?

Any info on the time of year that you went would be great. We were thinking about going in Oct 2013 but it seems too far away and we would like to go next year early if possible. We don't wanna catch Spring break either.

Hit me with it, :)

Thanks a lot
Karlie

We went in Feb/March 2011 and I thought it was great - however I've only been the once so can't really compare :confused3

plenty of people were swimming, so the days were nice enough, got a little cold of a night, but nothing that a jumper wouldn't fix.

We had maybe 2 showers while we were there, but they only lasted a short while and then the day would clear up and be beautiful. The earlier in March you go the less likely you'll hit spring break crowds.

If taking the kids out of school is not a problem then Feb / March would be good- the pools at the resorts are all heated so you can still swim but I think the weather would be better for touring the parks.

I havent been at that time of year - but that seems to be when airfare is at its lowest.

September was unbearably hot!

We went in March/April, mainly March and loved that time. But I think September may have been our favourite. It was a little warmer (and being Queenslanders we like the warm). March we had top of 10 degrees to top of 25 degrees over the three weeks we were there :eek:

I've also been in Jan/Feb and whist crowds wise it was good, it was a bit cool and it just didn't feel the same as it did in the summer, a bit gloomier (if that's possible at Disney :rotfl: ), no way we would have gone to the waterparks. Like staying at Yacht Club, in Jan it was never bright looking over the lake, but in September just always felt that way, can't explain.

To be honest, I would go to WDW any time of the year, now a days, it's school holidays that guide when we go. But I guess first preference would be Sept/Oct but I would love to do a December, for a Christmas experience.

We went in March/April, mainly March and loved that time. But I think September may have been our favourite. It was a little warmer (and being Queenslanders we like the warm). March we had top of 10 degrees to top of 25 degrees over the three weeks we were there :eek:

I've also been in Jan/Feb and whist crowds wise it was good, it was a bit cool and it just didn't feel the same as it did in the summer, a bit gloomier (if that's possible at Disney :rotfl: ), no way we would have gone to the waterparks. Like staying at Yacht Club, in Jan it was never bright looking over the lake, but in September just always felt that way, can't explain.

To be honest, I would go to WDW any time of the year, now a days, it's school holidays that guide when we go. But I guess first preference would be Sept/Oct but I would love to do a December, for a Christmas experience.

I'm interested in this topic too as, if we ever get the chance to go again, we are now limited to school holidays. I loved our late Sept/Oct trip because, although it was certainly hot, that is quite a treat for us considering we live in Wellington where it never gets hot! :lmao: We really enjoyed the water parks and swimming in the hotel pools - I actually think it would be a very different WDW holiday without going to the water parks. However now, by being limited to sticking with the two weeks of school holidays, I can't imagine spending all that money and going all that way only to be there and back in 14 days. So that only leaves us with the end of year Dec/Jan holidays which, despite the beautiful Christmas decorations, seems like the time when the temperatures reduce all that you can normally do there. :confused:

So Karlie, make the most of the years before your eldest starts highschool and you can travel out of the school holidays !!:thumbsup2

Only been in sept (21-29) . Agree it's very hot and humid. Also a few big tropical downpours/ lightning thrown in . However nothing that was a show stopper ie: pools shut due to lightning - watch a DVD, rain at park- choose indoor ride or have something to eat. To balance weather topic we did find crowds very low at all parks including uni studios....no cheerleaders or Brazilian tour groups that others so fondly chat about on other boards....:dance3:

been during 2 periods

december- cool at night, but kids will still swim as they have no feeling...mickeys christmas party, and the first 2 weeks (late nov, early dec) are fairly light for crowds, free dining, value season.

sept/october- hot, humid, great for pool hopping, showers in the afternoons, but that clears out the parks, low crowd levels, free dining, value season,mickeys halloween party, awesome tan weather, just recommend you have a car rather than rely on buses in the heat.
we go this time every year now:love:

Hi Everyone,

Can we get your help please. When is the best time of year to go to WDW.
We went last year in Nov and that was great. This time we are looking at March. Has anybody been in March and was it busy and what was the weather like?

Any info on the time of year that you went would be great. We were thinking about going in Oct 2013 but it seems too far away and we would like to go next year early if possible. We don't wanna catch Spring break either.

Hit me with it, :)

Thanks a lot
Karlie

Crowds start to pick up in March due to spring break vacations starts for some schools in the US. Since Easter is March 31, stay away from the week before or after.

out of interest....we are going from 2-26 Nov this year, what did you find OP November was like? crowds, weather etc?

out of interest....we are going from 2-26 Nov this year, what did you find OP November was like? crowds, weather etc?

We were there from 5th Nov for 7 nights. It was really really good at night after the fireworks. Magic Kingdom was open late and we walked an all the rides. No waiting at all. During the day was a bit busier as we waited about 1 hr to get on the same rides we would walk on at night. Magic Kingdom was by far the busiest park during the day. I think it was Jersey week so there a few around, didn't seem quite as they said on all the "crowd charts". There may have been some sort of long weekend in there which made it busy. But overall cause it was our first time there we were buzzing anyway. Xmas decos were up and that was a real treat. Well worth it for the whole Xmas feel to the parks.
My advice is def go to the parks till late if you can. Our kids didn't seem to mind staying up late and to get onto all the rides and to have the park near empty was really really good, did I say really good enough :rotfl2:

What is May/June like? (sorry about the thread hijack!) We want to be there for a significant birthday in late May - so wondering if we would be better to aim for that to be at the end or start of our trip.

I think we are going to go in the first week of March.

Avoid Spring break at all costs !! Look up Spring break 2013 on the net. If you are going before that should be quiet but remember Spring break is spread out. I would go early Feb or after Spring break but before easter. I have heard the quietest time is mid late january. We went in the " quiet time of sept" if thats quiet I would hate to see busy. I think our time got a bit busier as the free dining promotion was on. 20 minutes wait for most attractions which is good for Disney I believe.. but really a local in orlando said there is no such thing as really quiet.. cause if Disney thinks its going to be they offer special promotions to get folk there. This annoys me I mean what are they trying to do make money or something !! (LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter