What's better, Clarion or Comfort Inn & Suites on Katella?

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
Just wondering what hotel is better, Clarion or Comfort Inn & Suites on Katella? I know the Clarion is $113 a night with the rate change in the middle of the week (Sept 17-24), and Comfort Inn doesn't have a rate change. I've seen pictures of the Clarion on the Clarion Inn Pictures but haven't seen pictures of Comfort Inn other than the Choice Hotels website. My friend is interested in Comfort Inn, and me Clarion, if not Candy Cane or HoJo (it's her birthday trip, so she gets to choose, I'm just helping her choose).

Which one would you recommend??

Jules

:cool1: Hi we haven't stayed at either but will be at the Clarion in 27 days reccomended to us by friends. Stayed at the HoJo last Sept and twice before that really like it. Main reason we're doing the Clarion this year is we got a way better deal plus what we had been told that it is nice place :Pinkbounc

Thanks Dlboy, from one Canadian to another, lol, we've also decided on the Clarion, after rate changes in the middle of the week, it works out to $113 a night, which isn't at all bad, and it's close to the parks too!! Looking forward to it for sure!! Now I wish Sept would get here!

Jules

Hi, we stayed at the Clarion June25-28th, then went over to the DLH on the 29th.
First let me start off by saying that we didn't have to pay anything for our room. It was part of a reward program at work, we were given 3 free nights(that started our whole trip to Disneyland plan)We are DVC'rs and traded out a few points for our last night at the Disneyland Hotel, which we liked very much.
Here's the scoop on the Clarion:

Pros: Fairly large rooms with refrig and microwaves. Small but clean pool.
On-site restaurant.

Cons:The front desk staff was inept. They are still charging my credit card for my "free" room to this day. They charged me after I left, so I never signed for it (scary deal if you ask me). Room and whole hotel had an "odor" that was kinda hospital like. The whole mattress had blood, urine, etc. on it that you could see from the sides. Sink water was white and had a foul smell, so I couldn't make coffee in the morning except with bottled water. The room had one of those "old-time a/c's on the wall that is very noisy and freezes you out in the middle of the night.Very, very slow elevator... and they only have one.

My thought was, well it's free, how bad can it be..... Well the worst thing is the time to get to the park. Their website says 2 blocks, but it's about a 20 min. walk so I don't see how that can be. There was also always people outside waiting on the shuttle and looking a little upset, so I'm not sure it comes enough. Tried to drive to the park one day and that took about 45 min.by the time the tram got us to the park, it is best to hoof it if you need to get there early. Plus the hotel charged us $10 a day to park our car, which I would expect in a Hyatt or a Marriott, but a Clarion? Come on..

If I had to do it over I would have stayed at the HoJo across from the entrance that I could have gotten for around $80 a nite during our stay, or, as crowded as the park was I think it would be worth it to do the onsite AAA to get unlimited fastpass.

Hope your stay goes smoother than ours! Good Luck
TinkerbellTracy

Thanks for the heads up Tracy, I do appreciate it! As for the parking situation, we don't drive, so that's a plus for us!! Everything else, I hope things go smoothly also! I DID want HoJo or Candy Cane in the first place, but since my friend and I had a great stay at a Comfort Inn in Nashville, she wanted to try that, then I found Clarion. Personally, I'd rather go with HoJo or CCI, but it's her bday trip, so she picks the hotel, GRRRRR, lol!!!

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter