Whats Better Than Champagne and OJ? A May '18 PTR COMPLETE 5/12

My vote for arrival day meal is Beaches and Cream!! Such a fun atmosphere, crowd-pleasing food, AND delicious ice cream!! :love:

Thank you!! I was able to get reservation for 4 people but not five... I've heard its a small restaurant, do you think they even take reservations for 5? or should we split up the group?

Thank you!! I was able to get reservation for 4 people but not five... I've heard its a small restaurant, do you think they even take reservations for 5? or should we split up the group?

That's interesting... I was able to get an ADR for 6 in September, so I know they take more than 5... I would just keep checking the page and trying to get 5 if you can!!

Hi Ashlee, I'm fashionably late but here now. Your family sounds hilarious. I'm not sure how you've kept the planning together thus far, but even more so I can't wait to see how you keep them in line on the trip. Looking forward to more :-)

Hi everyone! Not too much to update in regards to trip planning

But, I do have to be honest.

At this point I'm not sure what the future of this trip is.

My family (parents/brothers/nephews/me) all went away together this weekend, and there was a major argument. My brother (The Nephews dad) ended up telling my parents 'do not have anything to do with me or my kids anymore'. While I'm pretty confident he did not mean this, my parents feelings are very hurt.

I'm sure The Nephews will go to Disney. I'm just not sure in what capacity. I will be there as long as I'm welcome. At this time I can't tell you if it will be with my parents or not. Or maybe just one of them. Things are rocky between them right now. I will keep everyone updated.

Right now I'm finding it difficult to look through the boards because I'm feeling so 'off' but I'm here and not going anywhere <3

Love,
A

Last edited:

At this point I'm not sure what the future of this trip is.

Oh no! I'm so sorry about everything that's going on with your family.

I will be there as long as I'm welcome. At this time I can't tell you if it will be with my parents or not.

If your family ends up not going is there any way you could plan a trip with your husband either for that time of year or another time of year?

Oh no! I'm so sorry about everything that's going on with your family.

If your family ends up not going is there any way you could plan a trip with your husband either for that time of year or another time of year?

❤️❤️

I’m pretty sure the trip will happen, I just don’t know who will be there. It would be really awful if my brother really kept the kids away from my parents.

Just read through your plans, I hope everything works out with your parents and brother not just for the sake of the trip but because it is awful when there are hard feelings and broken relationships in family.

So sorry to hear about your family drama! :sad1: I really hope that it gets all worked out quickly and everyone gets to go to Disney. :flower:

Also, I'm a little behind, but your spreadsheet looks great! :cool1:

Update: The Trip Is On! :wizard:

I spoke with my Dad yesterday, and he kept saying how he can't wait to get to Florida and relax, and how much he's looking forward to spending time together.

Minor details that still needs to be worked out include:

Mom and Dad are still not talking. The Nephews parents haven't spoken to my parents and we're all hoping that they don't keep The Nephews from my parents. Oh, and my oldest nephew's girlfriend told me that Prom is May 12th... the day everyone is supposed to land at my house because they live 4 hours away and we have a 6:20am flight the next day...

But you know what? I'm only in charge of my self! I'm going to Disney. I will be on that plane on 5/13/18, and I can't wait.

So... onward with planning! And no more 'sad' updates.... this trip is going to be a blast!!

:jumping1:

giphy.gif

hlee, I'm fashionably late but here now. Your family sounds hilarious. I'm not sure how you've kept the planning together thus far, but even more so I can't wait to see how you keep them in line on the trip. Looking forward to more :-)

Hey girl, WEELCOME!!! So happy to have you here! My family is a real treat, let me tell you!! haha!

Way to take charge and leave the rest to settle itself. You will have a great time no matter what.

Thank you x 0102482938219! I completely, agree we will have a great time!! Now I will resume my regularly scheduled program... which is obsessively checking the WDW website for ADRs that I don't really want, but feel like I need them because they are popular :rotfl2:

Another Trip In The Making?

POSSIBLY!

DH and I have been working feverishly to pay off our mortgage before we start a family, so DH has stated that our next WDW trip won't be until 2019... haha, ya right.

Of course I am constantly looking for ways to justify a trip. And... today I stumbled upon this

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 6.37.42 AM.png

Sorry it's blurry.

I work as a nurse practitioner in gastroenterology, and I get $3,000 per fiscal year for continuing education credits...

I spoke to DH about this and he said, "oh, we could stay at the Beach Club, right?"

Oh yes my love, YES.

I'm hoping that in the next month or so DH and I will get this plan in motion for real :tongue:

Last edited:
Of course I am constantly looking for ways to justify a trip. And... today I stumbled upon this

View attachment 303727

I can't see it :sad1:

I spoke to DH about this and he said, "oh, we could stay at the Beach Club, right?"

Oh yes my love, YES.

I'm hoping that in the next month or so DH and I will get this plan in motion for real :tongue:

:thumbsup2

You should go around early December or mid September when we'll be there :rotfl:

I LOVE that so many professional conferences are in Orlando!! That would be an amazing time to go to Disney!

Sorry about the family drama--reminds me of some peaches in my family, so i can totally relate! But good that no matter what, you're going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!