What's Christmas like at DL?

Shelly D.

Mouseketeer
We're thinking about heading to DL in early December and wondered what is usually done to celebrate the season at DL. We've been to WDW twice during December and it's our favorite time to visit. Are crowds low at DL this time of year? Do they have a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party or something similar?

Thanks for any info!

Decorations usually go up by the 2nd week in Nov, but the parades and Santa don't show up until closer to Thanksgiving. There is not after hours party like at WDW, mostly just the decorations and special treats available for purchase. Its a great time to go except for the week before and week after Christmas.

We went in the first week of December last year and it was sensational.

Crowds were non-existent - no queues for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain etc and only small lines for Soarin. The longest wait we had was 20 minutes for Peter Pan and that was on a Sunday - midweek we walked straight on.

The Christmas decorations gave the park a wonderful feel, the holiday makeovers of Haunted Mansion and Small World were superb and there were fireworks and Christmas Parades every night.

Read our travel diary below for a fuller report, but this is the absolute best time to go to Disneyland.

After being at DL at Christmastime, my family really doesn't think of going any other time! It is even more magical. EVERYthing is decked out to the hilt. It's a Small World is phenomenal! They play christmas music all day. The parades and musicals are wonderful. You'd never regret going at this time. A Mon-Thur the week after Thanksgiving is ideal as far as I'm concerned!! ::MickeyMo

Last year we went on New Years Eve. and it was great....(not many times that aren't) Decerations were still up and the characters were still in xmas costums. There are a couple of pictures in the link in my signature.

There is also a fun Christmas in the Park tour. It takes you to all the different lands, explains the decoration themes and such. Lots of Disney trivia stuff too. We had a really fun time on this tour. I've done it two different years and both tours were different. Plus you always get to ride Nightmare before Christmas (Haunted mansion) and Its a Small World, decorated for the holidays! (Oh yeah, and parade seating and a snack.)

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter