What's everyone doing for the 50th?

MickyLynn

Mouseketeer
I realized that after my upcoming trip, my next trip would be fall 2021. Part of me says shift the dates to be in MK on the actual day. Another part of me says this is utter folly. Possibly worse than a holiday.

So what say you all? Going? Avoiding? Walking in a res starting in August?

I'm contemplating a trip to be there on the actual day, I think it's something you can only experience once, but WDW doesn't really have any sort of special meaning to me or anything, my first trip was as an adult 5 years ago, so I'm leaning towards just watching one of the YouTube streamers deal with the chaos instead.

We will visit sometime during the 50th celebration though, but just not on October 1st, 2021.

Well my daughter is turning 21 in 2021. She wants to go. She wants to drink around Epcot with her mom. We love our mom/daughter trips so we are going to do it. It's going to be insane and that's alright. Our WDW trips are so laid back now because we don't have to do everything anymore. We just make sure to do our favorite things. I think it will be awesome even if it's packed.

I was already looking at Sun-Thurs, then realized the very next day was the 1st. It seems like a missed opportunity to leave Friday instead of Saturday.

I just looked at the schedule. I'm really tempted to be there, but I'm a teacher so it would necessitate me using 2 personal days in a row (fly down Weds. night after work hours). I'll be keeping my eye on what events they plan for the time period (as opposed to a single day) and maybe doing an extended weekend around that time. I was hoping they'd start some celebratory events during 2021 in general (I'll be there for Spring Break), but I don't know if I'll get that lucky!

After this past Thanksgiving trip, I think I will avoid the crowds. We are getting ready to get our first APs, using them this November and then probably next October. But NOT October 1. It will probably be late October around Halloween. We may throw in a March trip too but I doubt anything will be happening then.

I am thinking I will take my 'normal' mid sept. trip and split it. half cash, half DVC. then book a few days for the 50th maybe 9/30-10/3 with DVC. My thought is there may be discounted cash rooms avail mid sept, but might be nothing come 10/1.

If I am wrong there, Ill just book a cash room for a few days

If it is up to me we'll be there on the day.....just have to convince my wife and daughter. Maybe do the last week of September and a couple of days into Oct.

We were hoping to do a larger family trip sometime within the 50th celebrations. However long that will be. I just looked at the calendar and realized that Oct 1st would be the end of a wedding anniversary trip for us. Hmmm decisions decisions

Well, since I am turning 50 at the same time as Disney World I am planning an entire year of Disney trips starting with marathon weekend, then Canadian spring break, maybe a late summer trip, and the culminating in my birthday party which I can be convinced to reshedule to any time between October 1 (which I believe was the actual opening date) and December 15 which is my actual birthday.

I think it woud be crazy for me not to celebrate our shared birthdays.

I’ll be there during the celebration, probably more than once, but not on October 1 necessarily.

This may be a dumb question but what are the dates of celebration? :bitelip: I did a quick search but couldn't find the exact dates. I will most likely be there in Jan 2021 and again in 2022. Usually the celebration is a year long? I do believe that was the case when MK was 25 and the castle was decorated like a cake.

I realized that after my upcoming trip, my next trip would be fall 2021. Part of me says shift the dates to be in MK on the actual day. Another part of me says this is utter folly. Possibly worse than a holiday.

So what say you all? Going? Avoiding? Walking in a res starting in August?

I might start walking my reservation for December 2021 right now.

This may be a dumb question but what are the dates of celebration? :bitelip: I did a quick search but couldn't find the exact dates. I will most likely be there in Jan 2021 and again in 2022. Usually the celebration is a year long? I do believe that was the case when MK was 25 and the castle was decorated like a cake.
I don't think it's dumb! The dates, to the best of my knowledge, have not been announced. I'm personally hoping it will start as early as Spring Break (for me) in 2021, but I don't know that I'll be so lucky. I'm anxiously waiting to hear. Maybe this thread will be the first to update what we hear.

Like a previous poster mentioned, the official dates haven't been announced, but if you look at Disneyland's 60th celebration, which started May 22, 2015, and ran through early Sept 2016, there should be plenty of time to see all the 50th celebration stuff.

Best guess right now is a late May (possibly as early as April) start on the celebration in 2021, with it probably rolling through Oct 2022.

We're visiting Disneyland next year, and have no WDW plans at this time, but when they do announce something that might change.

I was thinking closer to the start of the actual anniversary (October)...maybe end of Summer...just my personal guess though.

I'm planning late October. Getting an new AP in mid November this year, so before then in 2021.

My parents 50th wedding anniversary is in Oct (just a couple days from WDWs anniversary). We are going to celebrate as a family in 2021 - but probably not on the date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!