Whats going on this weekend?

jeni1072

Mouseketeer
I've been looking for a room for this weekend for several weeks now and there is NOTHING. Aside from an occasional $700 room here and there, I just don't know whats going on. I have friends also going who said they have never had this problem before, even going the week of Thanksgiving they've had no problem last minute. I've checked for conferences. Anyone have an idea of what may be going on?

I'm speculating that there has been a lot of rebooking due to hurricane Irma.
I booked a last minute trip for Oct. 18-22 last week.
I have been checking the last few days to make a room change, and nothing available.

HHN fills onsite hotels

Lower priced rooms fill first for the deluxe hotels

Cbay and Sfalls usually have availability a good two months out from mid September on

If someone starts their search for onsite rooms late September, not likely to find a room for a weekend

A stay for during the week is easier to grab than weekends

There will be the a few high price categories open or a few rooms when peeps cancel a ressie 6 days out

I've known a few people that book the suites that allow 7-10 peeps
One person books and pays for the ressie and has friends give them a share to stay with each other in the suite

Offsite hotels are quite full for this coming weekend

I would have thought that but Sunday night there are actually rooms available...and
I'm speculating that there has been a lot of rebooking due to hurricane Irma.
I booked a last minute trip for Oct. 18-22 last week.
I have been checking the last few days to make a room change, and nothing available.

I also thought maybe something with cancellations from last month.

I would have thought that but Sunday night there are actually rooms available...and

I also thought maybe something with cancellations from last month.

It won't be anything like Irma, but visitors this weekend who cancelled last month might get some tropical wind and rain from what is now TD 16.

ETA: As of the morning of 10/5, the cone of what is now TS Nate has tightened up and shifted well west.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter