what's the best time for Boma PS?

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
I am making my PS for Boma tomorrow and just thought to ask what is the best time to be able to watch the animals ,before dinner or after ? we are going from Ak so I probably could make it by 5:45 or should we check out the animals before dinner. this is in Jan so it will be dark and wondering how hard they will be to see by 7:30 or so if we eat first. any ideas? also heard about a story telling thing, we are not stayin at Ak so is that for AK guests only or if not any one know what time it is? I'd like to do that if possible to. thanks

You should eat after looking at the animals. This is what we did when we went to Jiko last Jan. We made our PS for 6. We arrived at the ALK around 5. We had a great time walking around the lodge and going out to the viewing areas. A CM was out there to tell us about the animals. We sat outside in the rockers and enjoyed the peace and quiet of a beauitful resort.

I don't know about the storytelling, sorry. :D

In January, I don't really think it will make a difference in regard to what time you have your PS at Boma...as you said...it will be dark.
(My experience comes from our December visit)...and...I think I would make my PS time a priority...consider an early seating. We had the first seating...thinking 5:15 or 5:30. The buffet is extremely fresh at that time and quite a bit less crowded than later seating times.
Someone mentioned the "patio area" with the rocking chairs...any cast member can point you there. Also...definitely check out the "night vision" activity which is free. It occurs in the back area of the hotel...(you view the animals via night vision goggles).
As for the Storytelling...it is open to everyone, hotel guest or not. It is located in the main lobby area past the check in desk...and does occur later in the evening if my memory is serving me well.

Enjoy Boma and the AKL....our favorite restaurant and resort :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks we decided to split the difference , leave Ak a little early (after the parade) and make the PS for 6 !

Really, anytime is a good time to be at Boma. We love the dinner and breakfast there. Great atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter