• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the difference...

tdsryan

Mouseketeer
...between Chefs de France and Bistro de Paris? I have eaten at Chefs many times in the past, but I have never tried Bistro. It seems a little more private than Chefs, perhaps with less kids?

Can somebody share their experiences with Bistro and compare it to Chefs?

The Bistro is more intimate, more closed off from the park. It is easy to suspend belief and pretend you are in France. The service is impeccable.

It is, however, very expensive. In fact, in my opinion, very over priced. We paid $170. for a shared appetizer, two main courses, two glasses of house wine, and two desserts.

Unfortunately I did not feel the money was well spent. The presentation of the food was excellent, but the taste was nothing exceptional whatsoever. In fact it was quite ordinary. This turned out to be our most disappointing meal in the two weeks we spent at Disney.

Next time we want to splurge we will return to the Flying Fish.

I've eaten at BdP twice, and had outstanding meals both times. Service, food, presentation and atmosphere were all excellent - were it not for the clothes, you'd never know you were eating in a theme park. It is expensive (definitely a couple steps up the cost ladder from CdF), but IMO a good value for the money.

Right on the nose...

Very intimate, romantic, blah blah blah....

Very stuffy, very french....

Food was excellent! Also, its always cool to listen French language spoken by the French. (sooooo smooth) :cool2:

If you value the atmosphere and the experience then it is worth it.

DW and I very much enjoyed our dinner but both thought we could have spent the money better elsewhere.

So, go in, order a glass of wine, eat some dinner rolls then leave.
The french will expect that sort of behavior from Americans anyway.... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter