What's the longest you've stayed in a studio?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
As our 14 day studio stay (4 nights OVI Vero and 9 nights AKV) draws near I am curious to hear how long other's have lasted in a studio.

This will likely be the last time we can spread our points to the max and squeeze into a studio as our two kids (and us adults too) are ready for more space (one and two bedrooms here we come).

When my 3 girls were younger, we did 10 days in a BWV studio. We did fine. It was summer, we slept in late, hung out at the pool during the heat of the day, then headed to the parks around 5pm. A few times we closed MK down at 2am. We had a blast. Still have great memories of that trip.

I think a week. How old are you kids? You should be fine - you are also splitting your stay...

14 nights, blt studio which is on the tiny side in regards to DVC studios, but it was just us two and we did great.
Just make sure you keep everything packed away otherwise the walls will close in. we take a pop up hamper which really controls the dirty clothes from ending up in mountains around the room. I just pretend we are camping in a tinsy tiny caravan.
we love our DVC :)

For DH and I, the longest has been 15 nights, but we often do 12 nights and we wish we were staying longer. We often do laundry in the resorts laundry room. The washers and dryers are larger than the stack washer/dryer in the 1BRs plus we can do two washers at the same time--laundry is a breeze at the DVC resorts.

Last trip over New Years. We did 3 nights in OKW studio, then 2 nights in Poly studio. That was supposed to be all but due to us having to drive north to go home and bad weather that hit we added 2 nights at Coronado Springs in regular room. It was DH, twin DDs 18 and myself and it was tough. And last OCT DH and I did a split stay in studios for 7 nights. We bought DVC in 2006 to stay in 1BR villas with our family of 5. We upgraded to 2BR in 2011 when our 3 kids were entering teen years and needed more space and second bathroom. DS started college in 2015 and then DDs in 2017 so the past couple years have been mostly studio stays due to there being only 2-4 people on each trip. But this last trip made us decide to go back to 1BR villas. We just arent studio people. Everyone has different sleep schedules. DH has to work on our trips and needs privacy. I like to do laundry and not a fan of lugging to/from laundry room. I like that there is less hallway noise heard from the master bedroom as well. DH and I have a studio in March for a week but after that its back to 1 or 2BR villas.

My wife and I (no kids) have done numerous 10 night trips in studios, and are planning on continuing the tradition. We're at BLT, which everyone says is "small", but it's just fine for us.

As our 14 day studio stay (4 nights OVI Vero and 9 nights AKV) draws near I am curious to hear how long other's have lasted in a studio.

This will likely be the last time we can spread our points to the max and squeeze into a studio as our two kids (and us adults too) are ready for more space (one and two bedrooms here we come).

The trouble with the 1BD units is that most of them only have two "sleeping surfaces", so if your kids aren't happy sleeping together on the sofa bed, you'll need to either go right to 2BD or bring additional bedding.

I do wish they would convert some of the 1BD units to include a murphy bed. As it is, I often prefer to cram my family of four into a studio instead of a more spacious 1BD unit just so that my kids can each have their own sleeping spaces.

Stayed 14 nights last August with the 5 of us. (6 at BWV and 8 at the Poly)

I constantly ask my kiddos about more space and they constantly tell me no because they want to stay longer in lieu of giving up 4-5 nights for a larger accommodation. I too see the end as near when they hit teenager years. I also agree that we probably will be jumping from sleeping 5 studios to dedicated 2 bedrooms so we have enough beds.

You forgot the 3rd option of not bringing the unhappy kids. Usually when I bring this up to the kids, whatever thing they are objecting to disappears immediately.

Sure. In my case it's not that they really object, but they tend not to sleep very well. And at some point in the not too distant future, forcing my pubescent mixed-gender children to sleep together may become inappropriate. Different strokes for different folks though.

We stayed 3 weeks at VGF but it was split between a standard studio, lake view studio and finished in a 1 BR standard. We wanted to try the different categories. It was great but I think 3 weeks was too long. We were definitely ready to come back home. We didn’t go through “Disney withdrawal” like we always do when returning. We are perfectly happy with 14-16 days...no more.

12 nights in a studio with DH at Aulani. We vowed to only stay in 1 bedrooms after that trip. Hahaha.

2 nights, back when weekend points were way higher, I moved us to a studio. My boys were 7 or 8. When I told my DH we were doing the same thing on our next trip, he told me to buy more points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!