What's the weather like in mid January?

Barbruka

Favorite place in the world.
Taking a fast trip down there the 15th through the 19th of January. Does anyone know what the weather is like that time of year? Got to start thinking of packing the ol' clothes! Thanks everyone!

I've been there twice in mid-January. The weather is very unpredictable this time of year. On some days it was really cold, 40 degrees and on other days it would be in the 80's. Just bring a little of everything.

We were at WDW the first week of January. Like much of the country it was unseasonably cold. We took winter and summer clothes and wore both. Nights are very cold when you are sitting awhile waiting for Illuminations or fireworks to begin. I even once wore my winter coat and gloves and was happy to have them!
One morning it was warmer in Omaha than in WDW.
We leave January 5th and will pack all season clothing again.

I'm heading down January 18th... I'm packing layers... think it will be warm enough to swim??

You just never know what the winter will bring here in Florida!
Its best to just keep an eye on the weather and pack a little of everything.

Tonight we will get into the thirtys but last week we had high 70's!
January and February are especially unpredictable.
And Orky....yes, you may be able to swim! Especially if the pools are heated!

Everyone enjoy their trips!

We saw someone in the quiet pools the whole time we were there. DH went to the hot tub at CSR too (at night). He just wore a warm up suit from the pool back to the room.
Just be prepared is all.

January is a crap shoot as far as weather goes but the crowds are small and the wait time is minimal which makes up for iffy weather

Last time I was there in Jan, it was FREEZING the first 2 days we were there, and then it was nice and warm the next 3 days, but chilly at nite, so it all just depends.

Just pack a coat, jackets, long sleeve and short sleeve shirts, cause you never know.

Oh, I hope we can swim!!! A sunny stay at the Poly would seriously cure us of Ohio winter blues!

when we go in february we bring both heavy and lightweight clothes. most of the time we can wear shorts during the day, but we usually need a sweatshirt at night.

We're heading down in two days, and based on the 10 day forecast I'm bringing mostly warmer clothing. For this weather (highs in the 50's & 60's) we'll wear long pants, T-shirts, and a sweatshirt on top. Just in case I'll throw in a few bathing suits and pairs of shorts, but that's coolish for swimming, even by my Canadian standards!

We are heading down at the begining of Feb. We were down at the same time in 2000. We found the temperatures great. We were coming from Northern Ontario's -30's to Florida's mid 70's in the afternoons, and 55 to 60 in mornings. We still wore shorts and T-shirts in the mornings to a lot of weird looks from other patrons, but for the small discomfort in the mornings, the afternoons were hot to our standards and shorts paid off as we were not carting extra clothes. As for swimming, the pools are generally heated and "hearty" Canadians' and Wisconsins' will swim in ice water. Have fun and remember It's not 30 below and snowing!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter