What's the Worst Possible View from Dolphin??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
I just called Dolphin reservations to request an Epcot view and was told that I'd have to pony up another $50 per night over our Teacher's Rate. I declined. I'll still ask at the Starwood Desk on Fri. when we check in and hope for a free upgrade, but if all else fails, what's the worst we can expect to see out our window, a scenic view of Dolphin's Themed Dumpsters?

Bill From PA

That's EXACTLY the view I had on my last trip to WDW where we got a great priceline deal at the Dolphin. The view was terrible, but we didn't really spend very much daytime in the room, so we didn't care that much. It was still a great to be so close to EPCOT/MGM and it is a great hotel, but I hope you can get an upgrade if the view makes much of a difference to you.

Have fun!

Wow, I was being humorously sarcastic (hopefully) in my question. I figured a hotel like this would bury their service related items in a corner not visible from guest rooms. Actually, a good view would be a nice bonus, but nothing that will make or break the trip. On past trips the room has been used for R&R only, and we can always close the blinds. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Bill From PA

Bill, have a great trip! Don't forget to give us a resort review when you return!

We were on the 12th floor CL in August. Our view was of the roof of the convention hall and the bus stop area. We didn't care about the view since we weren't in our room that much (it was my 18th trip to the World!). Also, we received the teacher rate and the comp upgrade to CL -- so who were we to ask for anything more!!!! :cool:

We were very happy with our stay at the Dolphin and would do it again as long as they offer the teacher rate.

Good luck and ask at check-in.
Mouseteacher

I thought you were just being facetious! But, then again....:p Be sure to SMILE at the SPG desk when you request the upgrade. Ask for a room with a view...perhaps of something other than the Dolphin-themed dumpsters! LOL...you have such a great sense of Wit and Dry Monty Python-ish humor. :) Enjoy the Pub at the R & C, and the rest of the WORLD. Be sure to drop in on the Dolphin thread when you have returned. ENJOY the MAGIC!;)

Thanks, all. We WILL enjoy our trip wherever they put us.
dreamflight99, we'll report back here sometime around 5 PM-ish eastern time, Sun., 11/17. I'll have a Tennants at the R & C for you.

Bill From PA

OK DF99, its the Dolphin AND SWAN thread. :smooth:

You might be able to add your own requests on the Dolphin web site. I was able to do so on the Swan website last year. I requested a King bed with a balcony and a Boardwalk view and got just that. I was Starwood member on a Priceline rate which was very very cheap. It really never hurts to ask! All they can say is "no" and you're in the same room.

Even rooms with a "view" of the dumpsters have other things to look at if you look past the dumpsters. I'll take that view over any moderate or value any day... Those rooms don't have views, unless you count the parade of people going past your windows. Can't walk or boat to EPCOT or MGM from the other places either! In all seriousness, other than staying at OKW on our DVC points, Swan and Dolphin are my favorite places to be.

I agree with ahutton! Our view wasn't the best at the Dolphin but it is better than the values and mods where there are outdoor corridors. I have stayed at POFQ, PORiverside, and ASMu. I certainly liked both but they in no way compare to the opportunity to stay at a deluxe.

Originally posted by Bill From PA
I just called Dolphin reservations to request an Epcot view and was told that I'd have to pony up another $50 per night over our Teacher's Rate. I declined. I'll still ask at the Starwood Desk on Fri. when we check in and hope for a free upgrade, but if all else fails, what's the worst we can expect to see out our window, a scenic view of Dolphin's Themed Dumpsters Bill From PA

Exactly. We booked online with a AAA rate and got 50% of a standard view room and our view was of the loading dock/service bay area. There were many standard view rooms with that view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter