What's this rolling thing??

Sher

Mouseketeer
I have heard people talk about rolling their clothes for the suitcase. How does this work? Do I roll things tightly or loosely? Do you roll outfits together or individual pieces of clothing? Do you roll everything or just t-shirts? How about jeans? Does this really work?

sher

you roll the clothes very tightly. you will have less wrinkles and you save space. i dont personally do this. but my father was a marine and they roll their clothes to save space.

and you can roll complete outfits together if you wish.

Rolling works great. There are actually two ways to do this. One is to roll each item individually, quite tightly and then fit them into your suitcase. Make sure as you spread the item out that you smooth the fabric so that you don't actually 'iron' wrinkles in as you roll. It's amazing how many items will fit in a small space doing it this way.
Another way is to take all your clothes, lay them on the bed (smoothing them as you add each piece) then loosely roll them all together and plop them in your suitcase. Believe it or not; it works!

I rolled everything for our return trip so all of our souveniers could fit in our suitcases.It did create more room for everything.I was shocked as I wasn't sure just how much room would be created by this.

we rolled our clothes for our last two trips and you would be surprised at how much extra room you have. The trick is to fold them down the middle and roll very tightly. My husband and sons are former scouts so they always rolled their clothes for camping. Also, there's hardly any wrinkles if your talking t-shirts and shorts. I then folded some of my better short set on the top. We even rolled underwear but bras are impoossible. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter